The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 3rd August) Whites eyeing move for Iranian star

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 3rd August) Whites eyeing move for Iranian star

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Monday 3rd August, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Whites eyeing move for Iranian star

Media reports over the weekend are linking Leeds to Iranian International left-back Milad Mohammadi. The 26 year old has been in exceptional from for Belgium outfit KAA Gent on a free transfer last Summer earning him a place in the Juniper League’s team of the season. Mohammadi helped Gent to finish the 2019-20 Pro League campaign as runners-up to Club Brugge, although the season was cut short due to the Covid-19 pandemic. He is likely to cost in the region of £6.3m! Where does this put Stuart Dallas and Barry Douglas - Are they surplus to requirements?

Will £25m price tag put Leeds off Norwich Ace

According to The Mail, Leeds have approached Norwich to register their interest in attacking midfielder Emiliano Buendia. Buendia joined the Canaries from La Liga side Getafe, whilst impressing at Leeds sister club Cultural y Deportiva Leonesa less than two years ago. His performances where he earned player-of-the-season, 13 assists and six goals, earning him many accolades in La Liga 2.

Whilst Leeds were trying to offload the likes of Yosuke Ideguchi to Ivan Bravo's team, nobody informed the Whites that Norwich were set to make an absolute killing by bringing the then 21 year old to Carrow Road for £1.5m. The East Anglian side have slapped a 25m price tag on the Argentine!

In other News

We reported last week that Leeds were in talks with Belgian rivals Gent about the availability of Canadian International Jonathan David. Although Leeds are prepared to outbid French rivals Lille, the 20 year old has his heart set on a move to the Stade Pierre-Mauroy.

Staying with Belgium, Leeds and Arsenal are rumoured to have made enquiries about the availability of Emmanuel Dennis. The 22yo Nigerian International forward has netted 19 times in 71 appearances for Club Brugge.

Closer to home, Brentford’s in-form forward Ollie Watkins is reported to be on Bielsa’s transfer wanted list. The 24yo has been in fine form for Brentford, netting 25 Championship goals for the club in 46 appearances this term. They could also be set to battle Chelsea for the signature of Watkins’ teammate Said Benrahma.

Much will depend on whether the Bees can overcome Fulham in the play off final tomorrow night!

NFL giants hoping to increase their investment in Leeds Utd

NFL giants, San Francisco 49ers are hoping to increase their stake in Leeds following their promotion. According to the New York Times, the 49ers want to buy a larger share of the club after purchasing a 10% stake back in 2018. Andrea Radrizzani has welcomed the idea of an influx of investment from last season’s Super Bowl finalists. However, the Italian admitted he would like to remain in charge at Elland Road for another decade at least. Obviously, Radrizzani is acutely aware of the investment opportunities which will come with newfound Premier League status.

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 3rd August) Whites eyeing move for Iranian star

Post by faaip »

Super Bowl Finalists made me chuckle
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 3rd August) Whites eyeing move for Iranian star

Post by Chilli D »

Not at all relevant to today's breakfast debate but did anyone else see Ryan Edmondson make his Aberdeen debut against Rangers on Saturday?
I thought he did really well when he came on (65 minutes) putting himself about up front and helping out defending at corners. He is built like a brick outhouse and way older than he is (19?).
Hopefully some regular first team football up there will do him good and he'll come back ready to fight for a first team place.
Byebyegeegee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Buendia - £25m for someone we could and probably should have got for £1.5m, how on earth did we miss that one?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:02 am Not at all relevant to today's breakfast debate but did anyone else see Ryan Edmondson make his Aberdeen debut against Rangers on Saturday?
I thought he did really well when he came on (65 minutes) putting himself about up front and helping out defending at corners. He is built like a brick outhouse and way older than he is (19?).
Hopefully some regular first team football up there will do him good and he'll come back ready to fight for a first team place.
Mate, the BD debate covers everything....

Yeah, he's a big unit for a 19yo.

I really hope he can show his true potential.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 am Buendia - £25m for someone we could and probably should have got for £1.5m, how on earth did we miss that one?
Absolutely unbelievable pal!
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Big fan of Buendia, gutted we missed out for a lower fee.

I still feel like we should be in for him at £25m. Looked a bright spark in that poor Norwich team.

As a few examples, out of all players in the Premier League last season:

- Only Kevin De Bruyne and James Maddison played more through balls
- Only 10 players made more assists (he made the joint-most outside of the top 7)
- Only 12 players made more tackles
- Only 13 players made more crosses

Makes for impressive reading when you take into account the fact that Norwich scored just 26 goals and finished 15 points from safety.

With a better coach and a better team, I’m certain he can become the finished article
Side before self, every time
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:04 am Buendia - £25m for someone we could and probably should have got for £1.5m, how on earth did we miss that one?
Because we tend to look in the wrong direction

I'm surprised Brentford didn't snap him up who have such a hot scouting network way above the majority of clubs in the EFL
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I was getting excited by all the transfer news last week. This week it's sounding more like DeBock and Grot all over again.

In t'other news. Big fan of Edmondson. Hope he establishes himself.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

25 million for buendia :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

we'd be absolutely bonkers to pay that for him
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:37 pm I was getting excited by all the transfer news last week. This week it's sounding more like DeBock and Grot all over again.

In t'other news. Big fan of Edmondson. Hope he establishes himself.
agreed. the core of the team that got us promoted are players who had already proved themselves in the english leagues
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Milad Mohammadi may be a decent signing.

Only 26, played in Europe and at the World Cup, plus the Russian Premier league and Belgian one to.

Not English Prem level but its hardly league 2.

He has the kick and rush pace to.

£6mil wouldn't seem a bad price.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Isn't there a question mark over Buendia's attitude? Not for £25m, thanks.

Bit concerned over the 49ers 'investment'. Doesn't that just amount to a one off payment to give them a share? Glad that Radz sees a long term future for himself as Chairman of the club anyway.
Ya es muy tarde
Para decirte que soy cambiado
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

danhirons wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 pm 25 million for buendia :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Agreed
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Niners buying blocks of 10% I think and 10% this time would bring a lot more than it did last. If they finance one signing and Adidas another Rads would just need to fork out for some quality depth...

I'm absolutely fine with the Niners owning a part of us..
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

danhirons wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:19 pm 25 million for buendia :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Apparently Watkins has an £18m release clause, far better signing and some change
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Richard wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:53 pm Apparently Watkins has an £18m release clause, far better signing and some change
Someone will snap Watkins up for that fee
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:18 pm Someone will snap Watkins up for that fee
Ideally that somebody would be Mr Victor Orta...
Side before self, every time
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fridge wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:15 pm Ideally that somebody would be Mr Victor Orta...
I doubt it we don't do the obvious, I'm expecting our signings to be players I've never heard of as is generally the case!
Scoobychief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scoobychief »

norwich down PUKI would be a good investment for a season. GET HIM ON A FREE