The 5:2 diet: A guide and meal plan

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

The 5:2 diet: A guide and meal plan

Post by 1964white »

Have been thinking of losing a bit of tummy flab for a while, don't need to lose it anywhere else on my body as I already look like a stick as I am now. Anyway my goal is reducing my waste line from 36" to 34". Jill also feels the same about her little tum so we have decided to go with the 5:2 diet plan which means we can eat normally for five days (sensible eating of course) & for two days we cut out carbohydrates such as potatoes & bread, also try avoid sugary foods, so no apple crumble,etc on those two days

A sample of our diet on a Saturday & Sunday

Breakfast - porridge, grated apple, banana & yogurt

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.39.48.png
Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.39.48.png (107 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

Lunch - mussels salad

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.40.48.png
Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.40.48.png (195.62 KiB) Viewed 2562 times

Dinner - steak, brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.42.41.png
Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 10.42.41.png (160.03 KiB) Viewed 2562 times
1964white

Re: The 5:2 diet: A guide and meal plan

Post by 1964white »

RESULT two weeks in

We've both lost 4lbs each
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thought dear old Hector would have had his munchers on this subject :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Well done 64. I've lost 8 kilos since February using the counting calories method. That way you eat and drink whatever you want, just don't exceed 1500 calories a day. Now I've got down to my ideal weight I'm strict Mon-Friday but relax a little over the weekend, eating what I want :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm Well done 64. I've lost 8 kilos since February using the counting calories method. That way you eat and drink whatever you want, just don't exceed 1500 calories a day. Now I've got down to my ideal weight I'm strict Mon-Friday but relax a little over the weekend, eating what I want :)
Well done Swannie, that's a good loss of weight to lose

Do you feel better for it ?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I've used the 5:2 successfully before. I just fast for a couple of days, I don't have a particular plan.

I probably ought to give it another go, as I noticed a hint of bingo wings the other day!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:13 pm I've used the 5:2 successfully before. I just fast for a couple of days, I don't have a particular plan.

I probably ought to give it another go, as I noticed a hint of bingo wings the other day!
Just cut out the carbo's & the wicked puddings for two days & you'll be fine

I thought I'd really miss potatoes & brown bread which are the only two main foods we've omitted from our normal varied menu's, we generally eat well anyway so it's not too much of a hardship for Jill & I
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I was doing it at around 500 calories, so just some soup and bread. Could try cutting out the carbs, but I need to be a bit less indulgent generally. Ice cream, chocolate, beer, cake, crisps etc etc.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:36 pm I was doing it at around 500 calories, so just some soup and bread. Could try cutting out the carbs, but I need to be a bit less indulgent generally. Ice cream, chocolate, beer, cake, crisps etc etc.
Love chocolate, rarely eat chocs though only at Christmas time when we receive them as presents.

Can't remember the last time I ate a packet of crisps

Beer doesn't like me so that's not a problem for me

Ate the best bakewell tart I've ever tasted at Goathland last week, a treat when we are out & about although we do have one wicked pudding a week.

Ice cream is the demon in my culinary world, have it with fresh fruit, tinned fruit, rice pudding & the wicked desserts too, cannot resist it.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Ice cream is so good these days, so many local, quality makers, it's hard to resist.

Living not a million miles from Bakewell, I have an aversion to the puddings. The sugary Mr Kipling imitations are far preferable to the 'real' thing.

Cheese and beer are my downfall, and beer makes me want to eat crisps.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:19 pm Ice cream is so good these days, so many local, quality makers, it's hard to resist.

Living not a million miles from Bakewell, I have an aversion to the puddings. The sugary Mr Kipling imitations are far preferable to the 'real' thing.

Love a bakewell too Sara but I don't like cherries haha. In the bin it goes or I usually throw it at someone.
Them Mr. Kipling battenberg cakes also. Heaven. Far too much sugar on them though but hey ho.
Also love my cheese. I'm no connoisseur though. My favourite is Lancashire Crumbly. Just pile in on those crackers.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:19 pm Ice cream is so good these days, so many local, quality makers, it's hard to resist.

Use to have cheese on ryvita for a afternoon snack most days up until six weeks ago.

Cheese on toast is one of my favourite snacks which is generally in my weekly food intake, also Jill includes cheese in some of her cooking which is always a delight.

Crisps always went down with a pint I have to admit Sara
hector

Post by hector »

In the last 6 weeks I have lost 1 stone, just by cutting down on carbs, I am now having a week off (stuffing myself with carbs, sweets etc) just to give the metabolism a boost, and then next monday going hard core low carbs.... my food plan for then is the same ish every day for 2 weeks as follows:

Breakfast
either Fried egg, bacon, sausage and tomato
or Pudding made of Almond flour and double cream

lunch
salted celery dipped in peanut butter, lumps of mature cheddar, and hard boiled egg

dinner
chicken and cabbage fried in butter, (I can replace chicken with beefburger, bratwurst, or steak mince or steak, cabbage can be replaced with cauliflour, or brocoli.

evening snack
300gm of salted peanuts..

I can guarantee that after the 2 weeks I will be at least 9lb lighter and the lump at the front (belly) will be a lot smaller.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:13 pm Use have cheese on ryvita for a afternoon snack most days up until six weeks ago.

Cheese on toast is one of my favourite snacks which is generally in my weekly food intake, also Jill includes cheese in some of her cooking which is always a delight.

Crisps always went down with a pint I have to admit Sara
I have cheese on toast virtually every day. Extra mature cheddar melted with Hendersons and mustard.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:21 pm I have cheese on toast virtually every day. Extra mature cheddar melted with Hendersons and mustard.
That's it ..your dead to me now
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:34 pm In the last 6 weeks I have lost 1 stone, just by cutting down on carbs, I am now having a week off (stuffing myself with carbs, sweets etc) just to give the metabolism a boost, and then next monday going hard core low carbs.... my food plan for then is the same ish every day for 2 weeks as follows:

Breakfast
either Fried egg, bacon, sausage and tomato
or Pudding made of Almond flour and double cream

lunch
salted celery dipped in peanut butter, lumps of mature cheddar, and hard boiled egg

dinner
chicken and cabbage fried in butter, (I can replace chicken with beefburger, bratwurst, or steak mince or steak, cabbage can be replaced with cauliflour, or brocoli.

evening snack
300gm of salted peanuts..

I can guarantee that after the 2 weeks I will be at least 9lb lighter and the lump at the front (belly) will be a lot smaller.
Well done fella :tup:
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

whiteswan wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:15 pm Well done 64. I've lost 8 kilos since February using the counting calories method. That way you eat and drink whatever you want, just don't exceed 1500 calories a day. Now I've got down to my ideal weight I'm strict Mon-Friday but relax a little over the weekend, eating what I want :)
The My Fitness Pal app is a great calorie counting app for weight loss.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
hector

Post by hector »

Chilli D wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:36 pm The My Fitness Pal app is a great calorie counting app for weight loss.
It is....
however it is a ball ache when you first start, but as it remembers your food etc it gets easier every time.....
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:02 pm That's it ..your dead to me now
On account of my clogged arteries?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

I use a simple equation I move and train more, the more I eat simple. Still a 32 waist.