The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 4th August) Seagulls drop hint on White's future

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 4th August) Seagulls drop hint on White's future

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. Its Tuesday 4th August, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Seagulls drop hint on White's future

Brighton chief Tony Bloom has suggested that Brighton have too many centre backs, and would listen to offers if bids were to come forward. The somewhat bizarre claim comes days after Brighton secured the services of Dutch International (yes, you've guessed it) centre back Joel Veltman from Ajax for 900k. Bloom told The Athletic...

I’m not going to speculate on whether we may or may not get offers for many of our players. We certainly do have an abundance of centre-backs and there are constant discussions between myself and Graham and Dan (Ashworth, technical director) and the recruitment team about what our needs are, what’s going to be happening.

There will be some players who go out on loan at some point during pre-season or the first few weeks of the season. There are lots of things to make decisions on, but it’s a really good thing that we’ve got some very good players in our squad, not all of whom will be in our squad come the end of the transfer window.

White himself, currently sunning it up at the Costa's with Kalvin Phillips and Tyler Roberts has not ruled out a return to West Yorkshire having posted the following on his social media account...

Having had some time to reflect on what has been the most incredible season, I wanted to take the time to thank everyone associated with Leeds United Football Club, including the incredible supporters. No matter what happens from here I will never forget the way you took me in and treated me as one of your own from day one.

Spurs ready to release Rose - Mail on Sunday

The Mail on Sunday are reporting that Spurs are ready to let Danny Rose leave on a free transfer this summer, with Leeds ready to snap him up. Tottenham stole Rose from the Leeds academy for 1m back in 2007. It took the Doncaster born wing back 4 or 5 loan seasons to finally find his feet, but when he did, he was one of the best in the Country, earning himself 29 England caps.

Leeds do face competition from Newcastle where Rose enjoyed a decent loan spell last term. The 30 year old has a year left on his contract. For a player allegedly worth 50m only a few seasons ago, it seems crazy that Tottenham would release him? Could wages be a problem? Currently Spurs pay £65,000 a week for his services!

Conclusion of tonight's play off final likely to spark Elland Road transfer activity

The Championship season will finally come to an end tonight with either Fulham or Brentford becoming £200m better off and heartbreak for the losers. The bookies have the Bees as favourites at 4/7, with their West London neighbours 11/8 to be promoted.

Media sources are indicating that Leeds are waiting for the conclusion of this fixture before kicking off their transfer activities with many suggesting Bielsa is keeping tabs on Ollie Watkins and Saïd Benrahma. Who would you like to see promoted?

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 4th August) Seagulls drop hint on White's future

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Transfers, rumours, transfers, nonsense, transfers, bull I’ve stopped reading anything that links us with players so until I see a headline that says Shock Transfer: Messi has signed for Leeds I’m not believing anything the press says as most of it’s just lazy journalism.

Just listened to TSB Podcast this morning apparently the Seagulls have too many CBS and not enough money so they have to sell at least one of their CBs doesn’t mean it has to be Ben nor does it have to be to Leeds

I hope that Fulham stuff the Bees, Franks is another Fat Fwank so will enjoy seeing him crying and get trampled by his players rushing to sign for new clubs
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tue 4th August) Seagulls drop hint on White's future

Post by Leeds1000 »

Morning People.

I may be wrong, but one good season in the Championship doesn't make you a great PL defender yet. White may not be in demand at all? If that's the case another season at Leeds on loan will do the kid the world of good. :) One thing is certain, he won't be content with sitting on the Brighton bench after the season he's just had. The club state themselves, they have a lot of CB so you never know?

I like Rose as a player but it seems like he generates a bit of negativity around him in the last few years. He just needs to get his head down and pay football again for me. I can't see him taking a pay cut to join us.

I would like to see Fulham go up personally with Scotty Parker being a young English coach. I think Brentford will have too much firepower for them tho.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:57 am Morning EB et all

Transfers, rumours, transfers, nonsense, transfers, bull I’ve stopped reading anything that links us with players so until I see a headline that says Shock Transfer: Messi has signed for Leeds I’m not believing anything the press says as most of it’s just lazy journalism.

Just listened to TSB Podcast this morning apparently the Seagulls have too many CBS and not enough money so they have to sell at least one of their CBs doesn’t mean it has to be Ben nor does it have to be to Leeds

I hope that Fulham stuff the Bees, Franks is another Fat Fwank so will enjoy seeing him crying and get trampled by his players rushing to sign for new clubs
Well said pal. I hate Thomas Frank. I'd love them to fail.
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

i want Fulham to succeed for no other reason than it seems we are awaiting the result, so we can make a bid for a player(s) from the losing team. And as has been speculated by many, they're likely to be Watkins and Behrama
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Really can't begin to guess as to who'll win tonight. Got nothing against Brentford but for the purposes of getting access to Watkins and Benrahma alone, I want Fulham to win.

As far as White goes, would love to see him here for his sake if anything. It seems he's really taken to the club and would love to stay, but the transfer market is capricious and nothing can be taken for granted.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

Best best hope is that Liverpool loan us White. That way we can raid Brentford if they lose tonight.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am Really can't begin to guess as to who'll win tonight. Got nothing against Brentford but for the purposes of getting access to Watkins and Benrahma alone, I want Fulham to win.

As far as White goes, would love to see him here for his sake if anything. It seems he's really taken to the club and would love to stay, but the transfer market is capricious and nothing can be taken for granted.
Do you think we have a interest in Watkins or Benrahma? or god forbid even noticed their ability.

Benrahma is so much like Pablo in my opinion Moth, difference is he's not great defensively although Bielsa could improve that part of his game as he has done with Hernandez over the last two seasons.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 am Morning Folks,

Best best hope is that Liverpool loan us White. That way we can raid Brentford if they lose tonight.
Similar to the loan signing of Harrison, glad we haven't spent £8m to £10m on Jack this autumn, that money can be used for other potential signings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:03 am Morning Folks,

I don't think that's possible under current rules. Gandi has pointed it out a couple of times
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:
Similar to the loan signing of Harrison, glad we haven't spent £8m to £10m on Jack this autumn, that money can be used for other potential signings
Problem is Leon, Harrison is now proven and we need to establish him as a Leeds player because he is hugely influential.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It sounds to me that Brighton are resigned to losing White and are making it known they are open to offers, it would seem that have already brought in a replacement. Perhaps he (White) has already made it clear that he doesn’t want to sit on the bench for them next year and wants away. If that’s the case I’m sure his chosen location would be Leeds so all we have to do now is out bid Liverpool 😉 and job done.

No to Rose from me unless the thinking is to tide us over for a year or so until Davis is ready to assume left back duties. But he would have to reduce his wage demands by at least 2/3rds which, of course, he’s not likely to do.

Not fussed either way regarding Fulham or Brentford, both London teams, both meh, but as others have said a Fulham win would at least leave us a chance of signing B and/or W, who both seem to be high on our wanted list.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:

I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
Haven't acknowledged it before but that's priceless
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:48 am Haven't acknowledged it before but that's priceless
Woody Allen
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Ah yes,

Best we could hope for is bringing him in in January if he goes to Liverpool

"Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window".
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Right now it's

Meslier
Ayling
Dallas
Struijk
Cooper
Phillips
Costa
Harrison
Klich
Hernandez
Roberts

Shackleton, Casilla, Bamford, Douglas, Alioski, Davis, AN Other

for me, and under Bielsa it's good for lower mid table. If Bielsa doesn't sign then it's probably relegation whomever we get in especially as Corberan has left
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

So not sure we can wait til Jan for White plus he'll probably end up somewhere else. Not sure who's behind Struijk right now at centre half. Olly Casey or Charlie Cresswell I'd have thought
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
Woody Allen
I admire your honesty - still it's bloody funny with your timing
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:12 am Do you think we have a interest in Watkins or Benrahma? or god forbid even noticed their ability.

Benrahma is so much like Pablo in my opinion Moth, difference is he's not great defensively although Bielsa could improve that part of his game as he has done with Hernandez over the last two seasons.
I do believe Bielsa is very keen on Watkins according to Phil Hay, and I reckon he looks more of a Bielsa-type player. Not that I'd turn my nose up at Benrahma by any means but I've got a feeling he'll be too overpriced.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:39 am Problem is Leon, Harrison is now proven and we need to establish him as a Leeds player because he is hugely influential
I wouldn't be surprised if Jack starts eventually ending up on the bench, all depends if we sign an alternative quality winger of course Norm