The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th August) Season ticket waiting list will be open to the public from 9am this morning

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th August) Season ticket waiting list will be open to the public from 9am this morning

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 7th August, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Season ticket waiting list will be open to the public from 9am this morning

With sixteen years of hurt finally behind us, Leeds fans can finally enjoy top flight football again, but number are limited! Gold Members from last season have already had a week to renew their season ticket, but today the general public can pay £10 per person to join the waiting list in order to be able to purchase a season ticket in the future, should they become available.

The season ticket waiting list has previously been open exclusively to 2019/20 Gold Members. The new 2020-21 Premier League season will begin over the weekend of September 12.

Bielsa planning £20m swoop for Stuttgart striker Nicolas Gonzalez.

The Mirror are reporting (so it must be true) that Argentine international Nicolas Gonzalez could be on his way to Elland Road. The 22 year old forward is rated as one of the hottest young talents around having netted 14 goals in 27 appearance for Stuttgart, helping them gain automatic promotion back to the Bundesliga last term.

Stuttgart signed Gonzalez from Argentinos Jrs in the Summer of 2018 for 7.65m, but will be looking to make a healthy profit knowing Borussia Dortmund, Inter, AC Milan, Roma, Lazio and Napoli, are all monitoring the situation. The lure of working with Bielsa in the Premier League has made Leeds the favourites to snap him up. The 65yo has been tracking Gonzalez since January!

Drameh wanting ER switch

Fulham's highly rated teenage defender Cody Drameh is the latest young talent to be linked to a move to Elland Road. The Whites have been tracking the 18 year old for a number of years and is very much on their hit list this Summer. The right-back, in the last year of his contract, is wanting a moving to Elland Road according to Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol. Drameh is reportedly valued at around £400,000 but the Telegraph report that the Cottagers would want a sell-on clause in the deal.

The Whites have already landed 16 year old attacking midfielder Charlie Allen from Linfield, and are confident that Wigan Athletic's 18-year-old forward Joe Gelhardt will follow early next week. If they can land Drameh as well, then the future is bright for the Leeds Utd academy!

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th August) Season ticket waiting list will be open to the public from 9am this morn

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

Oh my god what great journalism from the Mirror, he’s a striker, he maybe for sale, he’s performed really well last season and the clincher he’s Argentinian he must be on his way to Leeds, just heading to Elland Road to be the first with his name on my shirt :roll:

Glad the club is still looking for additions for the U23s, never heard of Dramah before but interested that apparently he wants to come to Leeds :duno:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 7th August) Season ticket waiting list will be open to the public from 9am this morn

Post by Leeds1000 »

All long term future options with potential resale value. That's business for ya.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I've actually seen bits of Stuttgart and Gonzalez thanks to a good German friend who supports them. He looks a really good striker and that goal tally come in spite of service that would make League One players look like Iniesta (her words, not mine). An upgrade on Bamford with bags of potential for Bielsa to shape and mould, but then that could be said of most of our other targets as well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Stuttgart always used to be a name back in the day. Didn't even know they were in the second tier. I'd factor that in when looking at the stats for sure but if he comes at a decent price he's wort a look.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

TBF Roberts looks to be an upgrade on Bamford.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

ten quid just to be put on a waiting list? how is that justifiable?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'd rather we end up with an Argentine player I've never heard of that Bielsa rates, than overpay for players from Brentford and Norwich.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 am ten quid just to be put on a waiting list? how is that justifiable?
Admin charges. Not that I agree.

Not the first club to pull that one or the most expensive either.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Id rather we had a manager to welcome the players back from their hols on Monday.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:56 am ten quid just to be put on a waiting list? how is that justifiable?
Somebody has to administer and maintain that list and enter the names precisely in the order in which they arrive.

I don't think it's unreasonable. In fact, I thought it was going to be more.

I think I'll buy a membership and get my name on the list on the off chance that, when I'm ready to retire, I might have qualified. It's some money, to be sure, but not so much that I'll miss it too terribly if it never comes to fruition.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

It’s actually £11.50 :shock: £10 plus £1.50 internet admin charge

I’m a Gold member so I’ve paid my money as I’ve tried for the last 3 years to get a season ticket and not even got close
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
LeedsLover
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LeedsLover »

Word is from Conor McGilligan's rumour mill is White has turned down several contract offers from Brighton, and has said he wants a move to Leeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9m6cpf0Bg
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 pm Somebody has to administer and maintain that list and enter the names precisely in the order in which they arrive.

I think I'll buy a membership and get my name on the list on the off chance that, when I'm ready to retire, I might have qualified. It's some money, to be sure, but not so much that I'll miss it too terribly if it never comes to fruition.
Long swim from Louisiana John?
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Why does every player’s value seem to be £20m and more, you’d have thought with Covid and everything prices might be becoming a little more realistic? Gonzalez is obviously a decent option though being Argentinian and especially taking into account the other clubs that are supposedly interested, might be worth a shout.

As far as the under 23s are concerned I think that now we are in with the big boys we’ve just gone from Championship standard to Premier League standard academies wise so we probably do need to strengthen.

Hope that news about White is true but not holding my breath.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:04 pm Somebody has to administer and maintain that list and enter the names precisely in the order in which they arrive.

chances are 10,000 will put their name on the list and there will likely be 200 issued a season, guessing, yes i know...but at that rate you will have to wait 50 years while the club earns £100k for saving emails....seems to me that they are making mugs of us supporters.

perhaps an annual lottery would be fairer
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

LeedsLover wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:30 pm Word is from Conor McGilligan's rumour mill is White has turned down several contract offers from Brighton, and has said he wants a move to Leeds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz9m6cpf0Bg
Doesn’t need to sign a new contract, he signed a new one just before joining us on loan, word has it Brighton haven’t offered him a new contract and they won’t. You can’t slap a £35m+ price tag on his head and pay him a wage that does not reflect that.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Afternoon LeedsLover. Welcome to MOT!
LeedsLover
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LeedsLover »

Richard wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:44 pm Doesn’t need to sign a new contract, he signed a new one just before joining us on loan, word has it Brighton haven’t offered him a new contract and they won’t. You can’t slap a £35m+ price tag on his head and pay him a wage that does not reflect that.
https://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/08 ... al/464650/