Drysalters Pub

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Drysalters Pub

Post by Ratscoot »

Bloody hell they are trying to close the Drysalters and open a drive through coffee shop, FFS I go for a couple of pints in there before every home game I go to have done since I moved back to Leeds in 1992

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... op-2936452
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Drysalters Pub

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm Bloody hell they are trying to close the Drysalters and open a drive through coffee shop, FFS I go for a couple of pints in there before every home game I go to have done since I moved back to Leeds in 1992

Loads of Leeds fans drink at the Drysalters
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:21 pm Bloody hell they are trying to close the Drysalters and open a drive through coffee shop, FFS I go for a couple of pints in there before every home game I go to have done since I moved back to Leeds in 1992

Not surprising really as I drive past quite often and there’s hardly ever anyone in.

The White Rose pub beyond the shopping centre going up towards the M62 is currently being fitted out as a McDonalds. There’ll be more and more falling by the wayside or converted into drive through especially as a consequence of Covid :(
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

There could well be a change of heart now we are in the Money League.....sorry.....Premier League
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:34 pm There could well be a change of heart now we are in the Money League.....sorry.....Premier League

Less games so less revenue from matchdays, actually makes it worse for them.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

gessa wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:23 am Less games so less revenue from matchdays, actually makes it worse for them.
I’m hoping The Peacock can survive because the current owners, Ossett Brewery have put a lot of money and effort into reviving the pub in recent years, it obviously relies heavily on match day revenue but seems to do ok through the week.
gessa

Post by gessa »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:30 am I’m hoping The Peacock can survive because the current owners, Ossett Brewery have put a lot of money and effort into reviving the pub in recent years, it obviously relies heavily on match day revenue but seems to do ok through the week.
Yes,seems to be used more nowadays, according to form. Hope it continues, it's part and parcel of Leeds United.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Every pub that closes is a disaster. Pub culture defines England.

Went to some great ones and met the most wonderful people on my trip there; Whitelock's and the Peacock in Leeds, The Crown in Pately Bridge, The Coach and Horses in Harrogate, and The Lamb and Flag in London were all fantastic. Seeing places like this make way for another cappuccino or cheap burgers is very disheartening.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Just been announced that Costa Coffee have been refused permission to knock down the Dry Salters great news :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Ratscoot wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:25 pm Just been announced that Costa Coffee have been refused permission to knock down the Dry Salters great news :tup: :tup: :tup:
I doubt that’s the end of the matter though Rat, as Costa (or whoever the applicant was) may well lodge an appeal with the Planning Inspectorate against the Council’s refusal of planning permission.