Latest News

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Latest News

Post by Scoobychief »

this was taken form leeds united rumours............

Summary from latest Phil Hay Q&A :

MB will sign his contract early next week .

We are targeting the following : one centre back only ( BW first choice but Brighton playing hard ball, I imagine Struijk will cover Berra ) , Benrahma ( but lots of competition ) , a striker to compete with Bam, a left back and a goalie if Kiko leaves . Plus various under 23's like Gelhardt who should sign Monday .

Diego Flores probably replaces Carlos Corberan .

my goodness if that is the case straight back down, because we need at least 2 CB, 2 Midfield, a goal machine, and you can take your pick for the 5th. if like said the guy from wigan why buy them young stick them in under 23 and loan the out following year or sell them makes no sense. our current midfield is far too weak to compete in the premier league. bamford needs 6 chances to score 1 he aint going to get many oppertunities against the top 10 sides in the premier league lets just hope that it is just what it is and rumours.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Latest News

Post by Cjay »

If Stuijk replaces Berardi who is dm cover?

Aside from not being good enough Forshaw is unreliable, could stub his toe and be out for 5 months.

Think we just need to hope something happens soon.

Ideally id like gk, cb (x2) cm, Am, Rw/lw and st.

That wont happen.

Did Phil mention Harry Wilson? He seems to in his mailbag thing but im not a subscriber.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:57 am Did Phil mention Harry Wilson? He seems to in his mailbag thing but im not a subscriber.
Here’s what Phil said about Wilson:

“ Harry Wilson is an interesting case. He’s been very highly rated by Leeds (and Victor Orta especially) for a while and he’s always on the list of possibles. With Wilson, it would depend on price and what Liverpool intend to do with him. One to watch, possibly. “
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:57 am If Stuijk replaces Berardi who is dm cover?

Aside from not being good enough Forshaw is unreliable, could stub his toe and be out for 5 months.

Think we just need to hope something happens soon.

Ideally id like gk, cb (x2) cm, Am, Rw/lw and st.

That wont happen.

Did Phil mention Harry Wilson? He seems to in his mailbag thing but im not a subscriber.
Watkins, Benrahma, Eze, Harry Wilson, Buendia. What have you got for us Phil, my lad? (Oliver M)

Leeds would love to take Said Benrahma and are very much in the fight for that one. But it’s apparent that they won’t be the only club going for him. Watkins has a lot of the right strengths and the club have asked about Emi Buendia at Norwich, although the indication I’m getting is that they’d prefer other players before him (Benrahma for example). Harry Wilson is an interesting case. He’s been very highly rated by Leeds (and Victor Orta especially) for a while and he’s always on the list of possibles. With Wilson, it would depend on price and what Liverpool intend to do with him. One to watch, possibly
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Thanks Fridge and Ell.

Be a bit underwhelmed by Wilson, not a bad player but if you go for someone who played for Bournemouth last season then you go David Brooks.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:56 pm Thanks Fridge and Ell.

Be a bit underwhelmed by Wilson, not a bad player but if you go for someone who played for Bournemouth last season then you go David Brooks.
I do like the look of Brooks.

Just look at how good Wilson has been under Lampard and Howe though. Now imagine him playing under Bielsa.

If there is a deal there to be done and the price is right, I’d like to see him coming in. The figure they are suggesting is around £15m

Plus, I’m hearing that Liverpool need to raise some funds to sign their summer target Thiago Alcantara, so would probably be open to selling him.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Brighton have just turned down an offer from Leeds of £22m for Ben White
gessa

Post by gessa »

Richard wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:14 pm Brighton have just turned down an offer from Leeds of £22m for Ben White
Time to walk away
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

gessa wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:38 pm Time to walk away
It will probably take 30 mil for White
gessa

Post by gessa »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:46 pm It will probably take 30 mil for White
Too much if our total budget is £43m as suggested
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Richard wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:14 pm Brighton have just turned down an offer from Leeds of £22m for Ben White
Damn.

He's a great kid and player but we can't afford to invest more than that in any one player. What if he gets hurt? Can't chase that any further. Agree we should look elsewhere.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

onemoreslogan wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:17 pm Damn.

He's a great kid and player but we can't afford to invest more than that in any one player. What if he gets hurt? Can't chase that any further. Agree we should look elsewhere.
Imagine how Ben must feel ?

I'm pretty certain Ben has set his heart on joining Leeds after playing a integral part in our promotion, call it unfinished business!

The lad who played his best football at Leeds must now feel like he's being used as a football :(
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:04 pm Imagine how Ben must feel ?

I'm pretty certain Ben has set his heart on joining Leeds after playing a integral part in our promotion, call it unfinished business!

The lad who played his best football at Leeds must now feel like he's being used as a football :(
They all seem to get on really well together and I agree he likely wants to come back, but... that's a hell of a ransom!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I can't for one minute imagine Brighton think White is worth £30m. I personally think we are close to a deal. £25m would be my max bid. I've upped it from £20m because (other people have said it) we have a ready made Bielsa system player in White. He's the type of player we could build a team around along with Phillips. Yes he is untested in the PL, but so is that Foyth going by the amount of games he's played on wiki.

Bielsa will be well aware of the lad Foyth and we may end up signing him anyway? White was a cut above in the Championship, a great ball playing CB with bags of potential. I'm in.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:21 pm I can't for one minute imagine Brighton think White is worth £30m. I personally think we are close to a deal. £25m would be my max bid. I've upped it from £20m because (other people have said it) we have a ready made Bielsa system player in White. He's the type of player we could build a team around along with Phillips. Yes he is untested in the PL, but so is that Foyth going by the amount of games he's played on wiki.

Bielsa will be well aware of the lad Foyth and we may end up signing him anyway? White was a cut above in the Championship, a great ball playing CB with bags of potential. I'm in.
Plus his value will surely only increase, a big fee to spend now but we know that we could have a serious player on our hands.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:04 pmI'm pretty certain Ben has set his heart on joining Leeds after playing a integral part in our promotion, call it unfinished business!
Apparently he’s turned down improved contract offers at Brighton 1964, so it looks as though he’s doing his bit in terms of player power.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

More edit. :rant:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:40 pm Apparently he’s turned down improved contract offers at Brighton 1964, so it looks as though he’s doing his bit in terms of player power.
Good, White feels part of the family at Bielsa's Leeds, take that committed tie away from Ben & Brighton have one unhappy player on their books Dave
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

If £40/£50m is our budget then that equates to about 2 decent players at today’s crazy prices. So if we can‘t get Ben White over the line for anything less than £25m that leaves just £15/£25m to get a new quality striker, a replacement for Pablo, a new left back and a new experienced goalie!

Now that’s not going to be easy!
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:04 am Good, White feels part of the family at Bielsa's Leeds, take that committed tie away from Ben & Brighton have one unhappy player on their books Dave
What everyone forgets though is that Brighton don’t need the money. They are not desperate to sell, he has two years left on his contract and is costing them peanuts in wages.

With teams like Liverpool sniffing around if I were in Brighton’s position I’d hold out for nearer £30m why sell to a rival for around the going rate if you don’t need to?

This was an error on our part in quadrupling a players value through the loan system and not having a set fee purchase clause, maybe Brighton refused? We do seem to be getting our loans very wrong. Augustin we should be paying £18m for him now, a player who hasn’t contributed anything.

Nketiah cost us £5m in loan fee and we allowed a clause for him to return if not played, he started what 2 games maybe three? Costa questionable, divided opinion if he was worth £15m me personally I’d prefer one of the Brentford lads for an extra £10m

Then you look at our sales, Keemar Roofe and Pontus we virtually gave them away.

On the other hand I guess you could say White helped us gain the richest prize in sport.