No head coach, no sponsor, no kit, no signings…

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

No head coach, no sponsor, no kit, no signings…

Post by YorkshireSquare »

With the players due to return to training this week and the new Premier League season just five weeks away Leeds United have no head coach, no back room team, no U23s coach, no main sponsor, yno kit and have made no new signings. But I’m not worried! The main reason for that? Marcelo Bielsa! As long as Bielsa puts pen to paper on new deal everything will be ok. We will be going into the new season with continuity, with one of the greatest manager in the game who has the ability to get the most out of players.

Of course, he hasn’t signed a new deal yet, not to our knowledge anyway, but the signs are he isn’t going anywhere. Whilst the players may have disappeared off to the Costa del Sol and Balearics for some well earned down time, Bielsa has remained in Wetherby. Studying his papers in Costa coffee, stopping for selfies with fans in the high street, going for Sunday lunch at Piccolino with the family, even catching the Number 52 bus to Elland Road. There is nothing to suggest he is leaving and every reason to believe we have another season of Bielsaball ahead of us.

With Bielsa signed up for a third season everything else falls into place. Continuity was key to last season and our promotion push and it will be again in our bid for survival next season. The improvement in the players during Bielsa’s first season was remarkable enough but last season they improved further and developed their style into one capable of winning the Championship by ten points. The Premier League is undoubtedly a step up but having proved what they can do in a dominant half against Arsenal back in January I don’t fear next season.

Many Premier League fans have a perception that Leeds fans are cocky and entitled. But that ain’t the case at all. We’ve spent most of the past sixteen years expecting the worst from of our side. Most of the time they delivered the crushing blows, but not over the past two seasons. Under Marcelo Bielsa, Leeds United are reborn; a joy to watch, a team to get excited about, a team to feel excited about. Under Bielsa anything is possible. It’s not that we are cocky, it just that no other Premier League fans have experienced the joy and positivity that Marcelo Bielsa. Rings.

So I’m positive Bielsa will sign, and soon. I’m not bothered about being linked with big name signings, I only want players who Bielsa wants and if that’s a seventeen year old from League One then so be it! No Leeds fan is bothered we didn’t sign Cavani, no Leeds fan expected us to, he isn’t a Bielsa player. I’d love us to complete the Ben White deal, a player who has proven himself and knows the Bielsa system but if Brighton aren’t willing to deal at a sensible price we move on, Bielsa will polish another rough diamond as there are young players waiting in the wings to prove their worth.

This week will be a big news week for Leeds United and I expect good news. As long as Bielsa signs I’ll sleep sound until the 12th September.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: No head coach, no sponsor, no kit, no signings…

Post by The Subhuman »

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women.....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Well said YS :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

That has uplifted me this morning Adam....lovely piece
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Aye, sums everything up nicely.