Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by The Subhuman »

We said the same of Jack Clarke, how's he doing by the way? Setting it alight at Spuds still?

Bielsa will introduce him fully when he thinks he's ready, that could be as soon as Saturday but maybe not.. might be better as an impact player off the bench against tiring teams for a bit
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:43 pm We said the same of Jack Clarke, how's he doing by the way? Setting it alight at Spuds still?

Bielsa will introduce him fully when he thinks he's ready, that could be as soon as Saturday but maybe not.. might be better as an impact player off the bench against tiring teams for a bit
Joe is better than Jack Clarke, tbh I never rated Jack as highly as some of our fans. You have to remember Gelhardt played 20 games for Wigan in the championship.

I've watched the majority of our U23's games this season & I've seen enough of Joe to suggest the lad has a big future, he is at a higher level than just a U23 player now!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't disagree, he's a hell of a talent but MB will be the best judge of when to let him loose
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:02 am I don't disagree, he's a hell of a talent but MB will be the best judge of when to let him loose
I think Bilesa has already let Joe loose of late with his three sub appearances, his time is close!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:04 pm I think Bilesa has already let Joe loose of late with his three sub appearances, his time is close!
Until Bamford comes back and Paddy starts with Rodders in midfield and Roberts goes back to first choice sub? :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:16 pm Until Bamford comes back and Paddy starts with Rodders in midfield and Roberts goes back to first choice sub? :)
Agree, Bamford shouldn't just walk back in when Gelhardt is clearly better
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

If Joe starts scoring, I don't think it would be fair for Bamford to come straight back in, he wouldn't be fit enough for one , and also needs to displace a young talent .
We all know with the right right balance, and this is what the coaching team are ultimately aiming for, is the correct way forward, thing is, we desperately need a goal scorer , also Joe is already proving his talent, maybe he's not quite ready for 90 mins like.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Yeah I would love to Joe get a full debut against Norwich we could then see what he can offer. He looks to have some quality about him he is direct and wants to take people on in the penalty area and they only way tonstop people like that is to give away a foul, so I like his direct approach play in the area and with Ralph I think we may have a better partnership. So would love him to start ahead of rodrigo I would definitely dropped bleeding Roberts and have rodrigo just behind gelhard with raph right and James left
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:54 pm Agree, Bamford shouldn't just walk back in when Gelhardt is clearly better
He didn't chuck KP back in so maybe he won't Bamford?

I'd be surprised given MB adores Paddy but we shall see
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Joe starts v Salford tonight
1964white

Re: Joe Gelhardt starts vs Salford tonight

Post by 1964white »

An assist from Joe :-D
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:28 pm An assist from Joe :-D
Can’t keep a good man down!

Should be a good run out for our subs bench tonight.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

More magic from young Joe, he dummies the ball, races into the box & lays it on a plate for Greenwood to score, Gelhardt, so unselfish as he could have scored himself.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shame our defence is spoiling all Joe's good work :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Good effort Joe.

Earned his place next weekend
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Didn't like the run covering himself up behind 2 defenders when James had done great work, Glehardt was going to be the target but James had to adjust and try a harder pass to Klich ... Couple of other errors as well I though, he's gonna be a great though
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Great to see Gelhardt rising to the challenge today. He had some lovely touches, physically held his own and showed great belief in having a go for goal. Will only improve with game time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A forward who has the confidence to shoot on target at every opportunity.

A refreshing change from the majority of our attacking players this season.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Boo Radley wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:54 pm Great to see Gelhardt rising to the challenge today. He had some lovely touches, physically held his own and showed great belief in having a go for goal. Will only improve with game time.
This may be the time that Gelhardt becomes the go-to substitution as cover for Bamford or Rodrigo instead of Roberts.
Roberts would probably get the nod in a slightly deeper roll but if Forshaw keeps fit it could be Harrison or Klich instead of Roberts.
I’m presuming that the squad keep fit enough for this to work 😉
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

The lad looks ready now for the step up. Gelhardt and Raphinha could be a dynamite combination.