Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:20 am The first sub to make a constructive impact in a very long time!
Reminded me of Jack Clarke's impact. Young players are fearless.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote: The first sub to make a constructive impact in a very long time!
Thought Jimmy did well too, with Cresswell, Jimmy, Joe and Bate in the background we have the makings of a great team in a couple of years but they need to be playing regular first team football . Hopefully Bielsa realises it's the way forward long term .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:56 am Thought Jimmy did well too, with Cresswell, Jimmy, Joe and Bate in the background we have the makings of a great team in a couple of years but they need to be playing regular first team football . Hopefully Bielsa realises it's the way forward long term .

Agree there BG, if they're good enough, play them, don't want to lose any of them to other clubs promising them first team football.
I think MB will now decide to give them more minutes, especially with injuries forcing his hand and the fact that non of them has let him down.
The future looks a little brighter knowing they'll get game time now.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I've not watched the 23's but I do read the reports on here so I'm well aware of the quality there . With the right guidance and nurturing Leeds could have half a team of 23's playing in the PL in a couple of years which would be a fantastic achievement for Bielsa and his staff and the new manager (think Bielsa will go next year).

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:56 am Thought Jimmy did well too, with Cresswell, Jimmy, Joe and Bate in the background we have the makings of a great team in a couple of years but they need to be playing regular first team football . Hopefully Bielsa realises it's the way forward long term .

Hopefully next season is the first team breakthrough for Bogusz as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

He should be our go to sub if we need a goal.
At last someone off the bench who can affect the outcome of a game!

Yeah well done MB clearly he does read the mot forum! :)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Little bit worried by all the overhype in the media, Keown comparing him to Messi ffs. Hope the club can protect him.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:52 pm Little bit worried by all the overhype in the media, Keown comparing him to Messi ffs. Hope the club can protect him.
Don't worry about that we may not see him play a first team game again. :) He seems the type of character that will welcome all comparisons. He's got that bit of fire in him to succeed. I think at this stage controlling his temperament will be his biggest challenge.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:52 pm Little bit worried by all the overhype in the media, Keown comparing him to Messi ffs. Hope the club can protect him.
MB will protect him by making sure Roberts and Forshaw play instead of him :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Sam Greenwood should be nurtured to play the 10 role behind Joffy in future.

What a great spine - even ignoring the Philips/Raphinha options, we’ll have Meslier, Cresswell, Drameh & Struijk, Bate & Greenwood, Gelhardt & Summerville.

Tell me that’s not encouraging.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Joe Gelhardt vs. Arsenal:

37 mins played
89% pass accuracy
19 touches
8/9 successful passes
5 final third passes
4 opposition box touches
2/3 successful take-ons
2 duels won
1 shot
1 foul

He completed more successful take-ons than any other Leeds player involved.

Screenshot 2021-10-27 07.32.02.png
Screenshot 2021-10-27 07.32.02.png (334.92 KiB) Viewed 1186 times
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Time for him to start now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:49 am Time for him to start now.
Definitely :tup:

Probably won't though :(
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Tyler Roberts infuriated Bielsa which caused him to call for Joffy.

Beren Cross said.

In the final passage of play before Bielsa barked at Benoit Delaval, via Pablo Quiroga, for the number 30, Tyler Roberts had received the ball in a dangerous position with Arsenal out of shape and primed for a Leeds counter.

“Rather than convincingly try to turn Ainsley Maitland-Niles and play the chance, Roberts looked for the contact from behind, went down and saw Andre Marriner wave play on.

“Bielsa was evidently unhappy and immediately turned for the youngster.”

This has happened before, Phil Hay has reported on Bielsa being visibly furious with Roberts for things.

I wonder if his patience is wearing thin and Joffy may get more chances now?

Especially as those stats highlight and we saw Vs Wolves, Joffy is very positive, looks forward and wants to go forward.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

We need Gelhardt, Cresswell and Bate put into the managers 18. Maybe then they will get game time.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Even last night right at the very end he showed a lovely piece of skill but he skewed the shot wide.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Roberts infuriates me as much s costa did, Bielsa has put too much faith in the pair of them, hopefully now he will give young Joe a little more time.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Even already Arsenal had a plan for when he came on. They doubled up on him as quickly as possible when he got the ball. They knew he was the only real danger left by the end of the game.

Raphinha playing with him will spread the threat and offer him, and possibly others, more space to exploit in opposition defences. Really looking forward to that.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Boo Radley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:47 pm Even already Arsenal had a plan for when he came on. They doubled up on him as quickly as possible when he got the ball. They knew he was the only real danger left by the end of the game.

Raphinha playing with him will spread the threat and offer him, and possibly others, more space to exploit in opposition defences. Really looking forward to that.
Me also, lets see what the kid can do with a little run in the team, we don't have a stand in for Bamford, and no doubt when he's fit again he'll be straIght back in as CF.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Boo Radley wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:47 pm Even already Arsenal had a plan for when he came on. They doubled up on him as quickly as possible when he got the ball. They knew he was the only real danger left by the end of the game.

Indeed Boo, Gelhardt needs to play alongside the likes of Raphinha, Rodrigo, Phillips, Llorente, etc, not surrounded by his U23 teammates, then we'll see the very best of our young star.