Player Profile : Jack Harrison - Dezzy, Ian, Radebe, Smudge, White Riot & others to vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Profile : Jack Harrison - Dezzy, Ian, Radebe, Smudge, White Riot & others to vote

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison

A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

Seasons rating out of ten

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
hector

Re: Player Profile : Jack Harrison

Post by hector »

Well as he has just signed another loan deal here, I suspect he will be a starter for MB....

I would also start him
7.5/10 for last season, If we had a striker could get into position to receive crosses, his assist rate would be a lot bigger and everyone would give him more marks.....

He is only 7.5 for me, as he should score more himeself.
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Starter

Had a great season and will hopefully continue to improve.

8.5/10
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison

2 A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Loan out to another club

16 (2) Seasons rating

8 Average rating

Voted : Fridge, Hector
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I was a harsh critic of Jack at the end of last season (and not unjustifiably imo) but all the credit in the world to him, he's gone out there and improved on just about every aspect of his game. If his shooting had the benefit of an inch either way, the insane number of times he's hit the woodwork would translate to an insane number of goals, and the trouble with his assist stat is partly that his teammates haven't finished some of the great chances he's laid on - a look through the highlights of the season really hammered this home to me.

But moreover, I can see how fundamental Jack is to the way we play. His dribbling skills are excellent and his first touch - particularly the way he can effortlessly take down an aerial ball from a switch of play and get it moving forward before the opposition defence can adjust - is sublime. Absolute starter for me and if he continues to improve at this rate, he'll be a real nuisance in the Prem.

8.5/10
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Starter 100%
I just hope we have a buy out clause in the loan contract as I suspect is value is gonna raise this season
8/10 for the season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Agree with everything that Moth has said plus he does his share of tracking back and defending. Definite starter 8/10
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Add more goals to his game, (15 sounds about right) and Man City have a decent player on their hands. He worked hard in the off season i read somewhere, and definatley improved on his first year. He has been waiting for this chance to play in the PL all his life, so i hope its a productive season all round. Starter 8/10

With a view to a permanent move seems a bit woolly to me. Have we got a clause to buy him or not? We know how prices can go from one extreme to the other after one good season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

You could always see the quality and potential in his first season which is why I was high on him then. I'm not too upset with the scoring record, there were good reasons for him not scoring more goals and it's not a bad average for a winger who plays deeper than most anyway (Eddie Gray was mostly 5's and 6's bar one season)

Starter - 7.8/10
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:54 am Agree with everything that Moth has said plus he does his share of tracking back and defending. Definite starter 8/10
I didn't even think of his defensive game, you're absolutely right. Very hard worker all over.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ideally bench for me.

Great 1st touch, works hard, but after Paddy he is the most wasteful player we have in the final 3rd.

Vast vast improvement needed in the final 3rd to be Premier league class.

Still wouldn't be shocked if he ended up at Left back like Dallas, thats what generally happens to energetic wingers with poor end product.

So bench for me

7/10.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Improved massively last season, and a much valued member of the first team. For me he’s not the best crosser of a ball, though adequate. Which is why I’m not completely sold on him as a PL first teamer. However I think he may improve again, and he’s earned his chance. So a starter for me.

7.5/10
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Starter - keeps getting better

7.5/10
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Starter for me. Improved from first season to second and as others have said, his all round game is one of the keys to the way we play. Excellent first touch and dribbling skills, but sometimes chooses the wrong option, something he will no doubt be worked on this summer. Not the best crosser or finisher, but not bad either. Maybe we'll want/need better going forward but, for a first season back in the Prem, he ticks a lot of boxes.

8/10 for the season
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Probably earn his right to start although I have my reservations about Jack at prem level unless he can improve with his final ball & score more goals

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Starter for me although his end product, both goals and assists, needs to continue to improve. His improvement has been excellent so far and I can see him continuing to improve and becoming a truly world class player. His attitude seems to be excellent as he appears to work incredibly hard on and off the field.

Rating 7 - He still flatters to deceive at times and the mark is low based on the wasted shots and wasted passes in and around the box. I wouldn't be surprised though to see him as next season's player of the year and it may even be that at some point in his career he moves central and becomes our no.10
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Guess he’s a starter as we’ve just resigned him. Pundits rave about him more than I do, I’m going 6.5/ squad player
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jack Harrison

12 A starter in our first X1

2 Retain as a squad player

Loan out to another club

108 (14) Seasons rating

7.7 Average rating

Voted : Andrew, Byebye, Cjay, Denman, Faaip, Fridge, Hector, Leeds1000, Rat, 64, Moth, Richard, Weasel, 1304
[/quote]
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Starter, unless we get in better.

8/10- improved a lot from previous season, great first touch and vision, but still is wasteful in front of goal as much as Bamford is.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Dynamic player who gives us loads of pace. Had an excellent season this last year and only expect him to improve. Need to bring him in permanently.

7.5/10 based on last year. I expect this year will be better.