New Players

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
MalRich
Ballboy
Ballboy

New Players

Post by MalRich »

Disappointing no new senior players added, we will have a great u23 team though, when will we learn get the players we need, White, Eze and Edouard to start, must have had a fair bank balance before promotion payment, especially with the loans we had, come on Leeds get your you fingers out, and no panic buys!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Re: New Players

Post by rich_leeds64 »

MalRich wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:28 pm Disappointing no new senior players added, we will have a great u23 team though, when will we learn get the players we need, White, Eze and Edouard to start, must have had a fair bank balance before promotion payment, especially with the loans we had, come on Leeds get your you fingers out, and no panic buys!
You're disappointed that we’ve no new senior players and end by saying “No panic buys” So what do you want? We’ve never been in such a good state for decades, sensible people running the club and the best manager we could wish for, stay calm and let’s see in a few weeks who’s been brought in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Oh good this again ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Welcome to MOT MalRich

Only a matter of time before the right quality players will join Leeds
MalRich
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by MalRich »

Pre season starts today, no new senior players added, except Costa and Meslier, desperate for a cb all other areas we could just about get by with, White good not worth £30m + and a risk, apparently Stones available £20m Biesla links with Man City be a steal, always seem too late for the players we desperately need, come on Leeds get the quality we need please 🙏🏼
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We need players brought in soon or they'll be playing u23s until December. I really thought we'd have someone in by now, but if we spend all summer chasing Ben White and sign no one else, it genuinely would not surprise me.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:49 am We need players brought in soon or they'll be playing u23s until December
FA Cup 3rd Round
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:49 am We need players brought in soon or they'll be playing u23s until December. I really thought we'd have someone in by now, but if we spend all summer chasing Ben White and sign no one else, it genuinely would not surprise me.
Really ..? I didn't, except adding to the academy. Always saw this as a difficult process for us this season. Not expecting too much before September tbh..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:52 pm Really ..? I didn't, except adding to the academy. Always saw this as a difficult process for us this season. Not expecting too much before September tbh..
We'll be mad if we don't make a couple of big signings. We'll end up doing a Norwich otherwise.

Need a new centre back and a backup centre back.

New centre mid to go with Klich and KP as Hernandez clearly can't play full games atm anyway.

Need probably anly a third winger ideally to challenge Harrison and Costa.

Need a striker to replace PB as first choose (hopefully!) or at the very least as backup.

3 essential signings there and two realistically "needs"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:52 pm Really ..? I didn't, except adding to the academy. Always saw this as a difficult process for us this season. Not expecting too much before September tbh..
Because we always need them in early, otherwise they're playing catch up fitness wise and will be playing u23s. We need at least two starters in before the first game imo.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Right now we haven't got the dependable Berardi to stand in at CB after his serious injury at Derby

Desperately short on experienced CB's atm
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:25 pm Because we always need them in early, otherwise they're playing catch up fitness wise and will be playing u23s. We need at least two starters in before the first game imo.
Was always going to be the way in this corona hit very short off season. I think this year of all years we'll have to play a waiting game. Buy early and you buy more expensively. I think we could still get White in Oct for 20 odd mil plus add ons

MB does nothing quickly anyway, if we're moving targets he may want a week or two to access