Leeds united are the biggest LOSERS

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Leeds united are the biggest LOSERS

Post by rab_rant »

Yes the loss of revenue from not playing the last 9 games because of Covid19
has been estimated in excess of 6 million pounds. Extrapolated over a season and
that would be in the region of 35 million.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds united are the biggest LOSERS

Post by SG90 »

No surprise, you're reliant on tickets at that level unless you have parachute payments.

Fulham's cheapest ticket is £45? Yet everyone cries about our prices.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Add in merchandise. We're probably talking about a million a game.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

We have 25,000 season ticket holders though, a large amount of which will have left their money with the club in return for the benefits package.

LUTV also has about 40,000 subscribers for each game not broadcast on Sky which will have brought in additional revenue.
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

While we may well be over the worst when it comes to the pandemic, I think the worst is very much still to come for football clubs especially lower down the leagues. Not having games and crowds since March will have undoubtedly taken it's toll on a huge number of clubs coffers effectively pushing them into serious trouble. The simple fact that we don't know when clubs will be able to fill their stadiums like they used to doesn't help. To allow fans back in as it stands all clubs will need to implement the guidance of social distancing etc etc. So Man U's attendance goes from 75k to 30k. Leeds from 35k to 15k. Rochdale 2.5k to 1k. I think I am being generous too in those examples. Do not be surprised to see clubs going to the wall.

The EFL should be doing so much more. Let's introduce a salary cap for League 1 & 2 they say. At least we can then say we have controlled clubs spending.

The fact is clubs will not be spending anywhere near the amount they would usually do, even more so further down the league ladder while their incomes have been effectively slashed in half, if many cases much worse. Some clubs barely survive in normal times, nevermind during a pandemic. The EFL, a organization awash with so much money you would not believe it, don't seem prepared to do anything and have shown very little foresight in to how they might go about helping clubs out. Well they better act fast when the time comes is all I can say. It's going to get very messy in my opinion over the next year and some clubs won't have anywhere left to turn.
They are the real losers. I'm just glad I still have a club to support.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Premiership suffers the worst. Money is too tight to mention.
It is ludicrous to think that 30M should be invested in Ben White.
The boy is good, but the financial climate indicates that it is not prudent to splash the cash.

Warren Buffet is predicting a crash in the stockmarket and things are going to get worse.

"Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful."

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk