Player Profile : Tyler Roberts - Currie, Dezzy, Ian,White Riot, Wilsden, Y.Sqaure Y.Square & others to vote

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Profile : Tyler Roberts - Currie, Dezzy, Ian,White Riot, Wilsden, Y.Sqaure Y.Square & others to vote

Post by 1964white »

Tyler Roberts

A starter in our first X1

Retain as a squad player

Thank you very much, sadly time to move on

Loan out to another club

Seasons rating out of ten

Dont forget to give a rating out of 10
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Player Profile : Tyler Roberts

Post by Leeds1000 »

Another disappointing player. Capable of the odd good game when he stays fit. I expected more from him towards the end of last season. The best game i witnessed was against West Brom at home way back when? He looked great that day and i thought we have a player here, then he broke down again. Another one of our players who i keep waiting for fireworks but all that we get is a Catherine wheel.

Frustrating, but at present we need him. So retain as squad player. I can't be arsed looking up his contract length, but he needs the season of his life and we may just break even on him. I live in hope 6.5
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

I’m not sure Roberts has been played in his preferred position anything like enough to form a confident view of his ability. There’s definitely a player in there, but probably not at first team level in the PL. Therefore, squad player for me, and 6/10.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

The jury is still out for me with Roberts. Looks promising at times but struggles with form and fitness.

Squad player for me, hopefully can improve his game and step up.

6.5/10
Side before self, every time
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Move on 6/10 we can’t keep saying he shows promise, we need to sell him before he gets injured again
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Keep as a squad player - capable of covering all front 4 positions which gives him a lot of playing time

7/10 (improving)
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Fridge wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 pm The jury is still out for me with Roberts. Looks promising at times but struggles with form and fitness.

Squad player for me, hopefully can improve his game and step up.

6.5/10
Ditto what Fridge said
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

I just don't think he will cut the mustard..

get out on loan so that he can find his position as it ain't no10

6/10
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Looks 3 times the striker Bamford is, two of the best goals of the season and always delivered when playing as striker. We look better balanced with Roberts up top. Good movement, excellent control and ball skills. Can only get better under Bielsa whereas I think Bamford is at his peak

Definite first team squad and the starter for me up front as it stands unless we buy a starter.

7/10
I wanted to flash this watch, I flash it all the time. It's my antique pocket watch and it makes me look British...and I need that for my analysis. It is a gorgeous gold pocket watch however and I'm very proud of it. You see my grandfather, on his death bed, ..sold me this watch!
Byebyegeegee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Again another difficult one. The fact that we don’t seem sure of his best position is probably quite telling. He has got ability but, perhaps, he isn’t quite good enough in any of them. He has been played mostly in central attack just behind Bamford, Pablo’s position if you like, but is nowhere near as effective as Pablo there. He has also shown signs of being a decent striker when given the chance, which might be his best role, I don’t know! Unfortunately for him he does seem to be injury too.

All in all, I think due to his obvious natural footballing ability he’s probably worth persisting with, so bench player 6/10
CHAPELALLMAN
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

6.5/10

Jury still out - but we could say the same about Bamford, Harrison and Costa.

We only have one centre forward right now, so selling him or sending him out on loan is unthinkable.

If we don't buy another centre forward then we should consider giving him a run of a few games up front instead of Bamford. 1st team.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Looks a better striker than a No.10

How the hell is a player gonna hack it in prem if they are ineffective in the championship

Sorry Tyler time to move on

Rating 5.5
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Loan out or sell.

Not convinced by Tyler, showed flashes at Championship level but not enough to suggest he is Premier league level.

Id hope that we would sign striker and number 10 upgrades and that would push him further down the pecking order.

A loan to a Championship side would be good, see if he has the fitness to do a proper season and if so see if he can hit the 15-20 goals he'd need to.

Failing that if we could get £7-10mil id be delighted.

6/10
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Would like to see him given a run in the side as a striker, though I'm hoping that's unlikely cos we've bought a proven goalscorer. But that's his best position, he's just never gotten the chance to prove it. I'd keep him as a squad player unless someone makes a decent bid for him.

6.5/10
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I am not sure his best position is actually one that a Bielsa side would use. He seems to be an odd shaped peg wherever he plays. Hasn't done enough to suggest he should be a starter but has shown in glimpses that there is a decent player there. At present I would keep him but I think he and Bielsa need to work out his role
Rating 6
Senor El Weasel
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Glimpses of what he can do, but whether through injury or confidence he hasn't shown it often enough. He's made some good contributions and had he been playing since the start of the season this would've been a much harder decision but as it stands, I think we can do better so it's a move on for me.

6/10
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Squad player at best. He's in the last chance saloon for me, can't really use his age as an excuse anymore.

6.5/10 - doesn't score enough or create enough given his position.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
kindestcut
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by kindestcut »

I agree that he's not a starter, nor am I sure he is a PL player. I do believe that we could replace him with someone of a higher calibre. But he's here and I think worthy of another look, if only as a squad player. One more season.

-Retain as a squad player
-6/10

Seasons rating out of ten
John in Louisiana
Manager
Manager

Post by John in Louisiana »

Not a starter, at least not yet. He's shown flashes of brilliance, but it's really hard to say. I didn't like him much anywhere but up top, and if we bring in another striker he could be the odd man out.

Keep him as a squad player, though, as he has lots of potential.

6.5/10
Clacton White
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clacton White »

7 . Decent potential .