Fantasy football: Leeds squad

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Fantasy football: Leeds squad

Post by WestgateRun »

The Fantasy Premier League fantasy football web site has just announced team squads for the forthcoming season.
Players are classified as a Goalkeeper, Defender, Midfielder or Forward.
Mid- and lower-table teams such as Burnley, Brighton, Newcastle etc. have four Forwards on their books.
The Blades have five strikers on their books!
But the Leeds squad has only one Forward -- Patrick Bamford.

A clear indication that we will need backup strikers to cope with injuries and lack of form.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Fantasy football: Leeds squad

Post by The Subhuman »

Roberts is a striker too, just been covering for Pablo at times recently. But we certainly need a better starter.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Luke Ayling looks to be the most owned LUFC player on FT
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

I’ve been playing FPL for a few years so I can give a couple of tips for anyone who is planning on making a team:

Dallas and Ayling look the gems at a very cheap £4.5m. I have gone with Ayling as I feel he will get more game time (I have a sneaking suspicion that Bielsa will look to Douglas a little bit more this season).

Hernandez at £6m is a decent price but will probably have limited gametime.

Phillips is obviously a great player on paper but doesn’t get many goal involvements and so this sadly doesn’t translate to FPL points (same reason why Kante - one of the best DMs in the world is only £5m or so)

Klich is in a similar boat to Phillips although may be a decent shout if he remains on penalties.

CBs are generally best avoided as they get the same number of points for a clean sheet as FBs but rarely get the assists. Sorry Coops

Meslier and Casilla are decent value but it’s hard to predict who Bielsa will start with - he may well reveal this in his prematch press conference though

Bamford at £5.5m is a cheap price but I’m not sure that he offers the best value.

Costa and Harrison look decent options but you’re better off spending most of your ££ on midfield options like Salah, De Bruyne and Fernandes - these guys will really bring in the points.

Generally, goal scoring Midfielders are better for your team as they get 5 points per goal (forwards only get 4)
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

faaip wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:05 pm Roberts is a striker too, just been covering for Pablo at times recently. But we certainly need a better starter.
FPL only classes the central striker as a forward.

Even though Mane, Salah, Sterling, Son etc. typically play in a front 3 and are considered ‘forwards’ - they are considered as midfielders by FPL.

Strange - but good for points!

(i know Roberts typically occupies no. 10 rather than playing wide, just trying to give an impression of the sometimes strange way that FPL classifies players)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I got an invite from one of my leagues to play in the FPL this year but I passed...not a fan of anything redraft
Brolins_Ghost
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Brolins_Ghost »

Is there an MOT league on FPL?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Brolins_Ghost wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm Is there an MOT league on FPL?
Bump. I'd be interested if there are enough takers.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm in 22 leagues already fantasy wise, 5 of which I run. Not sure I have enough time to research an EPL one and I prefer dynasty anyway