All Leeds?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Bally
First Team
First Team

All Leeds?

Post by Bally »

I know most in here are Leeds fans but did your sons and daughters follow in your footsteps and follow them to?
My teams obviously Telford and my lad comes with me to watch them to and most non league fans follow league teams as well which is Leeds for me.
From the age of 5 he came with me to watch Telford and started showing an interest in other teams I was hoping he didn't choose Man Utd or Liverpool which he didn't and it would of been much easier location wise if he chose Wolves Villa etc but he chose Spurs which I diidnt mind although it was difficult getting tickets ,we managed to make one game at the old white hart lane and quite a few when they played at Wembley inc Spurs v Arsenal,I'm still hoping to bring him to a game at Elland road but last season we failed getting tickets and I'm guessing they'll be no chance this season
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: All Leeds?

Post by The Subhuman »

No, dad was born and raised in India, a cricket fan. I have no children. The London side of my family are all Chelsea fans. All my mates are/were Chelsea fans
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Dad, and both Grandads...Leeds all the way...no women in the family had an interest in football. :scar1
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dad is a Newcastle fan, mum is a Leeds fan though which is where the encouragement came from. Got my first season ticket with her for the 1994-95 season in the East Stand.

Lad is only four years old, not really into football yet but he's got a Leeds shirt and will chant 'Leeds, Leeds, Leeds' when prompted. Favourite player is Gallioski [sic].
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Father was Arsenal, as were my two brothers. I was obviously the only one with any sense 😁. One of my lads is Leeds, and we travel together regularly for the 400 mile round trip to home games. My two other sons are, most unfortunately,and despite my best efforts, Manure ‘fans’ 😢.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mum was born in Cumbria & Dad from Bournemouth, both moved to Yorkshire persuing their nursing careers in Leeds hospitals where they met of course.

Dad's teams were Bournemouth & Hampshire CCC, whilst living in Leeds he often went to ER in the late 50's & early 60's, always told me how great John Charles was the best footballer he'd ever seen. Dad had a heart attack in the 60's which curtailed his visits to ER. My brother & I took him to Valley Parade to see his beloved cherries, not a day to remember as Bradford City beat Bournemouth 7-0. Dad passed away in the 80's so the recent success promoted up the leagues to the prem brings back poignant memories of my dear old man, he wouldn't believe it tbh!

Mum had little interest in football although she use to always say one day Carlisle United will beat Leeds United with our kid & myself rolling about in laughter, of course eventually her prediction came back to haunt us, Mum was always right bless her!

My brother (our kid) & I were born & bred in Leeds & have followed the mighty whites since 1963/64, my bruv has lived in the Bournemouth/Poole area for over 40 years & hasn't been to a Leeds game since the mid 90's
Tottenham
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tottenham »

Bally wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:00 pm He chose Spurs which I diidnt mind although it was difficult getting tickets ,we managed to make one game at the old white hart lane and quite a few when they played at Wembley inc Spurs v Arsenal
Sounds like a very sensible young man.

Glad you managed to get to the old WHL for one game at least. I miss the old girl.

Next season will be very difficult for everybody to get tickets anywhere.

When things are back to 'normal' getting tickets at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium should be relatively easy I reckon.

Let me know if you need any help/advice.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I'm from Yorkshire.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:57 am I'm from Yorkshire.
#MeToo
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I was born and bred in Leeds so always Leeds.

Early in 2003 my son of 7 after his game on a Sunday came to me and says mum says I’ve got to ask you ... then the answers no, but I haven’t asked you yet he says, yes son but as your mums not prepared to answer your question then the answers no..... please dad? Go on then ask away a long pause then he stabbed me in the heart .... dad he says can I support Arsenal .... I pretended to think about it then reply don’t you think at 7 you are too young to leave home? So that’s a no he says as he walks away...

So fast forward to the end of 03/04 season he rightly left it a couple of weeks he asks now that .......... has happened can I support Arsenal as my Premier team dad? I think about it and say yes ( I’m a reasonable dad after all :lol: ) but only until Leeds get back into the Prem which will be next year, I’ve told him that every year since :lol: :lol:

He still follows the Gunners but he attends at least 4 or 5 Leeds games a season
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:18 am I was born and bred in Leeds so always Leeds.

Early in 2003 my son of 7 after his game on a Sunday came to me and says mum says I’ve got to ask you ... then the answers no, but I haven’t asked you yet he says, yes son but as your mums not prepared to answer your question then the answers no..... please dad? Go on then ask away a long pause then he stabbed me in the heart .... dad he says can I support Arsenal .... I pretended to think about it then reply don’t you think at 7 you are too young to leave home? So that’s a no he says as he walks away...

So fast forward to the end of 03/04 season he rightly left it a couple of weeks he asks now that .......... has happened can I support Arsenal as my Premier team dad? I think about it and say yes ( I’m a reasonable dad after all :lol: ) but only until Leeds get back into the Prem which will be next year, I’ve told him that every year since :lol: :lol:

He still follows the Gunners but he attends at least 4 or 5 Leeds games a season
typical blue job...... no discipline...... :) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

My dad was born and raised in County Durham and although he never properly followed any team, he loved football and took me to both St James Park and Roker Park when I was a child when we were visiting my grandparents.
My dad's sister married a Yorkshire man and lived near Pateley Bridge all her life. I have three cousins all living in and around the Ripon area and I visit them every year. My cousin Bryan is staunch Leeds.
My order brother was a Leicester season ticket holder until his passing and my younger brother supports Ipswich (poor boy).
I have a daughter and she isn't interested in football in the slightest.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

I'm born and bred in Leeds (Hunslet), but my mum and dad weren't into sport, although my dad did play for Hunslet RL during the 2nd world war when they were short of players, and played Union and boxed for the RAF. I first went to Elland Road in 1962 when a neighbour took me - Saw John Charles up close, and he was massive, but can't remember much else. Really started going regularly in 1964 when the school got free tickets for those who played in the football team. I was a regular thereafter, getting a season ticket in 1990, when we struggled to get into the first match of the promotion season against Boro.

Took my son to his first game in 2000, and he has been a fan ever since. We got season tickets in the Family Stand in 2002, and sat through the misery until 2008, when Bates nicked our seats to make them corporate, and then tried to charge double for replacements. I lost all interest during the latter stages of Bates' tenure and have only been irregularly since 2010. My son has moaned constantly at me, on making him a Leeds fan. I didn't make him, it was his choice. He is still a staunch supporter and goes when he can get a ticket. Health problems have meant that I am an armchair fan now.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Born in the Midlands, raised in Wakefield. Mi Dad used to take me to watch his beloved Barnsley FC when i was a kid. When i reached my rebellious teens it was Leeds United all the way from there on in.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I started supporting Leeds when my best mate told me we were Leeds fans at 7 years old. His dad was a huge Leeds fan.

My dad wasn't much into football but always said Liverpool were his team. It was my big connection with my grandad, When I told him I was a Leeds fan, he said "So am I." Most of my football (and cricket) were sitting in my grandad's living room.

My kids. All girls in the USA, so not much chance of getting them into Leeds.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:00 pm I'm born and bred in Leeds (Hunslet), but my mum and dad weren't into sport, although my dad did play for Hunslet RL during the 2nd world war when they were short of players, and played Union and boxed for the RAF. I first went to Elland Road in 1962 when a neighbour took me - Saw John Charles up close, and he was massive, but can't remember much else. Really started going regularly in 1964 when the school got free tickets for those who played in the football team. I was a regular thereafter, getting a season ticket in 1990, when we struggled to get into the first match of the promotion season against Boro.

Took my son to his first game in 2000, and he has been a fan ever since. We got season tickets in the Family Stand in 2002, and sat through the misery until 2008, when Bates nicked our seats to make them corporate, and then tried to charge double for replacements. I lost all interest during the latter stages of Bates' tenure and have only been irregularly since 2010. My son has moaned constantly at me, on making him a Leeds fan. I didn't make him, it was his choice. He is still a staunch supporter and goes when he can get a ticket. Health problems have meant that I am an armchair fan now.
My dad boxed for the RAF after he was called up and sent to Malaya for the insurgency. Basically stepped off the boat from India and was called up inside 3 months at the age of 22/23. Boxed for money in Malaya and Singapore. Cricketer/Table Tennis/Hockey and Tennis he played to a very good level too...Public school captain at football/cricket/tennis and hockey
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

hector wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:55 am typical blue job...... no discipline...... :) :)
That’s cause we are too intelligent to just do what we are told without questioning it :lol: :lol:

Wish more of the younger generations would join up I think the UK would be a far better place for it :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

Ratscoot wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:08 pm That’s cause we are too intelligent to just do what we are told without questioning it :lol: :lol:

Wish more of the younger generations would join up I think the UK would be a far better place for it :tup:
I have to admit, that sending your officers to war, whilst the troops stay behind, sounds really top ho and far more intelligent than the way we do it......

I agree about joining up, but there are far too many snowflakes in the millenial generation.......
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Only a few of us from Leeds
hector

Post by hector »

Not me....

I was born in Germany.....

However my mum is from Harrogate.... can't say where my dad is from... wrong side of the border, good job he has never followed football.
I went to school in Skipton, from where I first went to Elland Rd in the mid 70's