Premiership 2020/21

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Premiership 2020/21

Post by Cjay »

WBA and Brighton have only managed 3 shots between them in half hour.

Another thriller clearly.

Is it just me or are the majority of Premier league teams dull to watch?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I bet Ben White goes home and watches Leeds replays all night ... thinking "what if" :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:38 pm I bet Ben White goes home and watches Leeds replays all night ... thinking "what if" :lol:
Ben must be indespair with the quality around him now & the happiness/comradeship he endured so much at Leeds in Bielsa's squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ben White may be a cautionary tale for us.

We have seen it with KP, seen it with Coops, seeing it with White.

Taken out of Bielsa's well drilled system and individuals struggle.

I do worry about some of our lot after MB goes (in a few years).
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:23 pm Ben White may be a cautionary tale for us.

You have every right to be concerned Cjay, sadly some careers may go downhill :(

Lets enjoy the time we have now with Bielsa at the helm & cross that bridge if & when it happens
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:23 pm Ben White may be a cautionary tale for us.

Give it 5 years and every team around will be duplicating Bielsa ball...or at the very least trying to... :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:42 pm Give it 5 years and every team around will be duplicating Bielsa ball...or at the very least trying to... :lol:
It's happening now Smudge
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:13 pm It's happening now Smudge
:lol: ...No mate at present they are trying to...a few more years and they will be duplicatiing... :lol:
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Bielsa goes bring back Corberan on 3 - 4 years
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hits out at rule change backed by Leeds United

And the change in the force continues... The big 6 not getting all thier own way ...and they dont like it... :roflmao:

TBF I am torn on this... schedules do play a big part in todays games, and we are going to be in that situation in the not to distant future... I see the angle those outside of the so called big 6, puts more pressure on them...

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-19193321
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:33 am Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hits out at rule change backed by Leeds United

And the change in the force continues... The big 6 not getting all thier own way ...and they dont like it... :roflmao:

TBF I am torn on this... schedules do play a big part in todays games, and we are going to be in that situation in the not to distant future... I see the angle those outside of the so called big 6, puts more pressure on them...

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... e-19193321
Maybe they should start rotating those massive squads of theirs...

Sorry but after playing in the Championship for so long this just sounds like overprivileged whining. Why don't they speak out against pointless and unpopular Nations League - and international friendlies in general? Maybe because this has nothing to do with their precious Prima Donnas at all...
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:28 pm You have every right to be concerned Cjay, sadly some careers may go downhill :(

Lets enjoy the time we have now with Bielsa at the helm & cross that bridge if & when it happens
Not much you can do about the march of time, every era must come to an end someday. As you say, just have to enjoy the good times while you can. I'm more hoping that the capable stewardship of the club continues, I have confidence that Radz and co will be capable of snagging another world class manager. If someone like Pochettino managed to take Spurs to a Champions League final on a relatively shoestring budget, can you imagine what he'd do with a squad of Bielsa players and proper backing?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 am Not much you can do about the march of time, every era must come to an end someday. As you say, just have to enjoy the good times while you can. I'm more hoping that the capable stewardship of the club continues, I have confidence that Radz and co will be capable of snagging another world class manager. If someone like Pochettino managed to take Spurs to a Champions League final on a relatively shoestring budget, can you imagine what he'd do with a squad of Bielsa players and proper backing?
We'd have more chance of attracting a world class coach if Bielsa calls it a day now we are in the PL
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:52 am We'd have more chance of attracting a world class coach if Bielsa calls it a day now we are in the PL
We'll be the hottest property on the market after Bielsa takes us into the Champion's League in a couple of seasons' time if not sooner. If the UCL even exists at that point, mind you.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Lot of debate about diving and "clever play".

Is drawing contact clever play or cheating?
Kane initiated that but apparently that is clever play according to the media?

Didnt see it but apparently the Grealish pen yesterday was similar according to some.

Salah dived to.

Kane never gets criticised for his diving because he is a media darling.

Vardy is another one, he is a master at it but because he is English its clever play :roll:

Personally if you initiate contact or exaggerate it then that isnt a foul imo, its not clever play, its a part of the game that needs eradicating whether its Kane, Salah, Grealish, Sterling or one of ours.

Hazard got a reputation as a diver but go back and look, plenty of English players do exactly the same thing now and its "clever play".

On Kane again, look at this ffs
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Totally not in the spirit of the game mate...cheating and a gutless way to play the game IMO.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Unfortunately the 'spirit' of the game is a myth, and has been for many years. I don't approve of that sort of thing whether it's Kane, Bamford or Grealish. It's one of those embarrassing things that fans of other sports take the urine out of football for and there's no comeback because we all know it's bullcrap.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:39 pm Unfortunately the 'spirit' of the game is a myth, and has been for many years. I don't approve of that sort of thing whether it's Kane, Bamford or Grealish. It's one of those embarrassing things that fans of other sports take the urine out of football for and there's no comeback because we all know it's bullcrap.

No myth mate ...

LAW 5: THE REFEREE
IFAB Laws of the Game 2020-21

Decisions of the referee

Decisions will be made to the best of the referee`s ability according to the Laws of the Game and the spirit of the game and will be based on the opinion of the referee who has the discretion to take appropriate action within the framework of the Laws of the Game

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... he-referee

Referee's have just got to grow some gonads and do their job...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kane the new Shearer.....untouchable!
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:45 pm No myth mate ...

LAW 5: THE REFEREE
IFAB Laws of the Game 2020-21

Decisions of the referee

Decisions will be made to the best of the referee`s ability according to the Laws of the Game and the spirit of the game and will be based on the opinion of the referee who has the discretion to take appropriate action within the framework of the Laws of the Game

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... he-referee

Referee's have just got to grow some gonads and do their job...
The same spirit of the game that sent the vultures after our Bielsa during S****gate? Seems to be a vague notion that changes meaning as and when it needs to. When something is as ill-defined as 'spirit' - a word that literally means something formless and non-physical - it's a free pass to interpret any which way. This removes accountability and ensures that there's always an argument to punish or exonerate without any tangible consistency.

Maybe it used to be the case where refs and, to an extent, we could be relied on to know right from wrong but those days are long over. And, even if they weren't, people still have a spectrum of definitions and limits.

Much better to say that if you're rolling around like your leg's broken and the physios find nothing wrong with you then you're in the book.