Robin Koch- Signs pre contract with Eintracht Frankfurt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Re: Robin Koch

Post by Finnatic »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:10 pm It will be interesting to see how Germany utilize Robin if/when he gets a game this summer.
He’s played in the DM position in Germany’s last few games as well as CB before that.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:10 pm It will be interesting to see how Germany utilize Robin if/when he gets a game this summer.
Interesting to see what his future will be at Leeds. He's total class but how does he fit in now. We have 4 CB's. Bielsa seems to like Llorente and Strujik now. Koch is obviously ahead of Strujik, but Strujik is left-footed.

Will Koch play alongside Llorente? Or will Koch be first back up at CB and DMC? Maybe Bielsa will toy with that 2 DMC formation that many PL teams like
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:12 pm Interesting to see what his future will be at Leeds. He's total class but how does he fit in now. We have 4 CB's. Bielsa seems to like Llorente and Strujik now. Koch is obviously ahead of Strujik, but Strujik is left-footed.

Will Koch play alongside Llorente? Or will Koch be first back up at CB and DMC? Maybe Bielsa will toy with that 2 DMC formation that many PL teams like
Bielsa could surprise us all and stick with Coops? What a contrast to parts of last season when we seemed desperate for another CB. Its a difficult call but personally i would like to see how Llorente & Koch get on together with Struijk and then Coops waiting in the wings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think MB will try Koch left side but if he is intent on playing a left footed CB alongside a right foooted CB then I think sooner or later Koch beats out Llorente, he's the better defender imo. Love em both but we can't play em all

Pre season is gonna be fun
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

faaip wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:03 pm I think MB will try Koch left side but if he is intent on playing a left footed CB alongside a right foooted CB then I think sooner or later Koch beats out Llorente, he's the better defender imo. Love em both but we can't play em all

Pre season is gonna be fun
It's funny as I see Llorente being the better player for the position, but honestly, there's not much in it. To me, Llorente is better on the ball (not that Koch is bad either), where Koch might be better in the air. Both are very good passers of the ball. What a great problem to have though right?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 5:15 pm It's funny as I see Llorente being the better player for the position, but honestly, there's not much in it. To me, Llorente is better on the ball (not that Koch is bad either), where Koch might be better in the air. Both are very good passers of the ball. What a great problem to have though right?
Which for me means Llorente is the better DMF cover. Koch is the superior tackler for me, better in the air, maybe not much in it positionally
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-07-29 08.40.39.png
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Future captain of Leeds?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

German media gives some clarity on the injury.

The cb was not on his way to Germang to join up with the national team.

He has inflammation of the hip so is injured.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Interesting video obviously recorded for his German connections

Some good scenes of the city of Leeds.

Would appear Robin lives in a rooftop apartment overlooking Leeds.

Billy's statue looks good lit up.

I know the bald headed Norwegian Leeds fan, he travels on our away coach to games when he's in the UK.

Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:28 am Interesting video obviously recorded for his German connections

Some good scenes of the city of Leeds.

Would appear Robin lives in a rooftop apartment overlooking Leeds.

Billy's statue looks good lit up.

I know the bald headed Norwegian Leeds fan, he travels on our away coach to games when he's in the UK.

A good watch that '64, thanks for posting it. Robin seems a decent lad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:40 pm A good watch that '64, thanks for posting it. Robin seems a decent lad.
A pleasure, Lumi :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Fast coming to the conclusion he is another recruitment gaffe.

Seems to be getting worse and worse.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:00 pm Fast coming to the conclusion he is another recruitment gaffe.

Seems to be getting worse and worse.
Only attracted 33 points in our previous 5 MOTM polls, 30 of those points in the Newcastle game.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

I don't think the system helps him, but I think he is still good enough for Leeds. How many others are struggling with the system, cant even pass now.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1 match doesn't change everything but I thought he was brilliant vs Brentford.

He handled Toney excellently and showed that there is a very decent and strong cb in there.

Also it was his reading of the game that impressed, he was where he needed to be so often
Good lad Big Koch.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Robin Koch- TURNED A BIT OF A CORNER?

Post by The Subhuman »

If I had a quibble it'd be he gets upfield too far then gets isolated on the fast break... Cooper covering for Koch and Pascal covering for Cooper is probably why we conceded the first v Villa...
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Not for me. Still too lapse to be a top class defender. How he made it into the German team is a little puzzling to me...But he's Leeds now.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

His passing at times is absolutely chronic but that applies to us in general.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fulham
4 Interceptions
3 Headed clearances
2 Tackles
1 Block
1 Forward run