Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR/RUSE

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR

Post by Smudge3920 »

De Paul breakthrough
Leeds United have agreed a deal with Udinese for Rodrigo de Paul after fighting off competition from Italy.

After weeks of negotiations, reports in Italy via La Repubblica claim that a deal is now agreed.

It was reported earlier this week that personal terms for De Paul had already been agreed with the midfielder happy to pen a five-year deal at Elland Road.

With a fee now agreed, a medical and announcement could come swiftly, especially if De Paul is to feature against Sheffield United in the Premier League on Sunday

After drawn-out negotiations, report on Sunday claim that Leeds have got their man after a breakthrough in talks with Udinese

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-18855552
Side before self & MOT
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:05 pm De Paul breakthrough
Leeds United have agreed a deal with Udinese for Rodrigo de Paul after fighting off competition from Italy.

After weeks of negotiations, reports in Italy via La Repubblica claim that a deal is now agreed.

It was reported earlier this week that personal terms for De Paul had already been agreed with the midfielder happy to pen a five-year deal at Elland Road.

With a fee now agreed, a medical and announcement could come swiftly, especially if De Paul is to feature against Sheffield United in the Premier League on Sunday

After drawn-out negotiations, report on Sunday claim that Leeds have got their man after a breakthrough in talks with Udinese

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leed ... s-18855552
I looked on the La Repubblica website earlier this evening and there is nothing on there to substantiate this. Not sure where Leeds Live got this info from.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 pm I looked on the La Repubblica website earlier this evening and there is nothing on there to substantiate this. Not sure where Leeds Live got this info from.
I’ve always viewed Leeds Live as a vaguely reliable voice among the click-bait chatter Gessa, but both yourself and AJS have called that into question this evening.

Do they usually have accurate sources for their coverage, or is it the emperor’s new clothes?

Hard to tell from a distance if they’re worth reading or not.
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:24 pm I’ve always viewed Leeds Live as a vaguely reliable voice among the click-bait chatter Gessa, but both yourself and AJS have called that into question this evening.

Do they usually have accurate sources for their coverage, or is it the emperor’s new clothes?

Hard to tell from a distance if they’re worth reading or not.
They're a mixed bag. Beren and Joe are fantastic. But I think the rest are a bunch of interns posting cluck bait.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

What it does show... is the only way to know for absolute sure is , when the club announce it... I do not usually get hung up on media reports for any transfer details... but I want this one so bad, my natural demeanor is slipping :lol:
Side before self & MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 pm I looked on the La Repubblica website earlier this evening and there is nothing on there to substantiate this. Not sure where Leeds Live got this info from.
Something now, anyone can translate this article

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/rubrica/2 ... 267863247/
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:09 pm Something now, anyone can translate this article

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/rubrica/2 ... 267863247/
Translated via Google - can only open the intro

Notice it's dated Saturday

All A wanted De Paul. And he goes to Leeds from Bielsa ...
19 SEPTEMBER 2020
Cardomercato Combined with Juve, Lazio, Inter Milan and Rome, the Argentine from Udinese eventually succumbed to the lure of the Premier.

Another important protagonist of our league will leave Serie A to enrich the long list of top players in the Premier League. Rodrigo De Paul has been courted by almost all the most prestigious clubs in Italy, but in the end he will go to Leeds di Bielsa, a newly promoted but very ambitious team. Pirlo wanted him for the new Juve, Inzaghi to strengthen Lazio's midfield. He was compared to Inter, Napoli, Milan, F ...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:23 pm Translated via Google - can only open the intro

Notice it's dated Saturday

All A wanted De Paul. And he goes to Leeds from Bielsa ...
19 SEPTEMBER 2020
Cardomercato Combined with Juve, Lazio, Inter Milan and Rome, the Argentine from Udinese eventually succumbed to the lure of the Premier.

Another important protagonist of our league will leave Serie A to enrich the long list of top players in the Premier League. Rodrigo De Paul has been courted by almost all the most prestigious clubs in Italy, but in the end he will go to Leeds di Bielsa, a newly promoted but very ambitious team. Pirlo wanted him for the new Juve, Inzaghi to strengthen Lazio's midfield. He was compared to Inter, Napoli, Milan, F ...
Thanks Andrew :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

€25mil is cheap, we are trying to get De Paul for less than we wanted from Villa for KP last summer.
Scoobychief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scoobychief »

this will end up going the same way as daniel james. if were not carefull that one of the most important areas we need to fill very very soon
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Scoobychief wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 am this will end up going the same way as daniel james. if were not carefull that one of the most important areas we need to fill very very soon
Sounds today like it's Udinese playing games
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I hope we get De Paul.

The fans really want him it would be such a lift to get our number 1 target.

Also i find it odd reports are linking us with Erik Pulgar as a De Paul alternative because they arent similar players.

One is a dm/cm the other is more of a traditional number 10.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm just going to ignore this until the title of the thread changes... :)
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

mothbanquet wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:12 pm I'm just going to ignore this until the title of the thread changes... :)
Good idea - I need to take a break from the rumour mill too
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

This makes a lot of sense now ... If true, and no reason to doubt it looking back...Then Victor is nothing but a genius also...

https://motleedsnews.com/news/graham-sm ... o-de-paul/
Side before self & MOT
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

I think the title of the thread needs changing from RUMOUR to RUSE
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:34 am This makes a lot of sense now ... If true, and no reason to doubt it looking back...Then Victor is nothing but a genius also...

https://motleedsnews.com/news/graham-sm ... o-de-paul/
Nicely done Mr Orta
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Rodrigo de Paul - RUMOUR/RUSE

Post by Cjay »

We should be on the phone waving a cheque at Udinese right now.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:31 pm We should be on the phone waving a cheque at Udinese right now.
Not sure we’d ever be willing to match their asking price.
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
andrewjohnsmith
First Team
First Team

Fridge wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:36 pm Not sure we’d ever be willing to match their asking price.
Bet whatever their asking price was, they just upped it after the Cuisance news