Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Fridge »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:04 am MB has now coached Leeds for more games than he has coached any other club - lucky us :)

When asked why he has stayed so long:

:star: :star: :star:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Fridge wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 am When asked why he has stayed so long:

:star: :star: :star:
He is not only a fantastic coach who plays football the way it should be played but he's a really good human being.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 am He is not only a fantastic coach who plays football the way it should be played but he's a really good human being.
What he has done to our city is phenomenal
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

It's serendipitous isn't it? Of all the awful years we've had to endure, to have MB at the helm and the shining light he has been on the team and the city of Leeds is amazing. Whatever happens in the future, he's always going to be revered. I hope Radz continues to instill and maintain the culture MB has created.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:16 pm Does anyone think that the reason MB has not stayed long with clubs is because when he believes he can take them no further that is it for him?...He seems to like his one year contracts, (I think I am right in saying he has never been fired), always controls his own fate/future.
Yes, I think you're right Smudge.

He did say at the end of his first season that it was the most he could get out of that squad and yet still stayed and got us up. The main difference in the second season was they had more belief and determination about them which led to success. That and Ben White of course :)

If we got relegated I think he'd walk, but that's unlikely to happen imo.

I think he feels the energy at Leeds and that's also an important factor for him, it's a very rare atmosphere that we have at our club.

I believe he'll only stay if he believes we have the potential to challenge for trophies and compete in Europe, which in a season or so's time is a distinct possibility.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:40 am Yes, I think you're right Smudge.

He did say at the end of his first season that it was the most he could get out of that squad and yet still stayed and got us up. The main difference in the second season was they had more belief and determination about them which led to success. That and Ben White of course :)

If we got relegated I think he'd walk, but that's unlikely to happen imo.

I think he feels the energy at Leeds and that's also an important factor for him, it's a very rare atmosphere that we have at our club.

I believe he'll only stay if he believes we have the potential to challenge for trophies and compete in Europe, which in a season or so's time is a distinct possibility.
Who knows how MB works, but lets just enjoy the ride, I'm sure it will come to an end one day, but I sure hope it's after we have established ourselves as one of the top clubs in europe, not just the Premier
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Velotrax wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:58 am Who knows how MB works, but lets just enjoy the ride, I'm sure it will come to an end one day, but I sure hope it's after we have established ourselves as one of the top clubs in europe, not just the Premier
Yeah, me too Velo. He's an amazing person who, along with the management team, have turned around our fortunes very quickly. I think the opportunity to prove himself at the top level will keep him here for a at least a few more seasons. But he's his own man and might just turn round and retire at any given moment.

Whatever happens I'll always appreciate what he's done for us. Me makes what seems impossible possible, a really gifted and unique person.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:08 am Yeah, me too Velo. He's an amazing person who, along with the management team, have turned around our fortunes very quickly. I think the opportunity to prove himself at the top level will keep him here for a at least a few more seasons. But he's his own man and might just turn round and retire at any given moment.

Whatever happens I'll always appreciate what he's done for us. Me makes what seems impossible possible, a really gifted and unique person.
Agreed :tup:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 am He is not only a fantastic coach who plays football the way it should be played but he's a really good human being.
Indeed Harry :tup:
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

White Riot wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:08 am Yeah, me too Velo. He's an amazing person who, along with the management team, have turned around our fortunes very quickly. I think the opportunity to prove himself at the top level will keep him here for a at least a few more seasons. But he's his own man and might just turn round and retire at any given moment.

:tup: :clap: This but I do feel he has just one more season after this. It might also depend on Radz and his plans, I see the 49ers are looking to increase their stake to 25% and whilst the cash injection is always nice Americans and involvement with football teams doesn’t have a great record.

Orta too, whilst I believe his signings are a bit hit and miss, Bielsa obviously has a great rapport with him. If Orta got poached away it could upset the apple cart. Bielsa doesn’t like change, many have suggested he is on the spectrum, whilst I dismissed it at first I do now wonder.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:58 am Who knows how MB works, but lets just enjoy the ride, I'm sure it will come to an end one day, but I sure hope it's after we have established ourselves as one of the top clubs in europe, not just the Premier
I believe we need to keep Bielsa for at least another season possibly two minimum

Problem is how do you replace Marcelo? Manure never replaced Fergie
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am I believe we need to keep Bielsa for at least another season possibly two minimum

I agree, but Fergie was a bully, and probably corrupt, he scared refs into making bad calls, where as IMHO MB has more skill and understanding of the game than Fergies cheque book ever did, as for who to replace him with, I have no idea, so I'm just enjoying theride for as long as it lasts, no point trying to fix what ain't broken
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:30 am I believe we need to keep Bielsa for at least another season possibly two minimum

Yeah, would be great if we can get 5 years out of him.

Dunno who we would get who can match him after that?

There are some great coahes around but no guarantee that things will gel as well as they have with Bielsa.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

I love the guy but it can't be easy being away from his family. Lets just hope his wife is the sort that prefers him to be away from home because he leaves his undies all over the house? If he & his team fancy it (it must be intense working with Marcelo) there is no reason he couldn't fly home to see his family in the summer and come back for another year. We will hopefully be adding another 3/4 top players to his jigsaw.

And like he says himself he feels happy here. He just needs to cut back on the coffee. :shhh:
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

I will NEVER get tired of watching this. He’s usually so reserved that seeing him react like this is brilliant
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Bielsa comes 2nd behind Klopp in the Fifa Coach of the Year.

Not bad.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good result, bet eveyone else is whinging though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:49 pm Bielsa comes 2nd behind Klopp in the Fifa Coach of the Year.

Not bad.
Fantastic and well deserved - for both of them
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Is it me or was that the 5th goal played twice? Not the 4th AND fifth :duno:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:42 am Is it me or was that the 5th goal played twice? Not the 4th AND fifth :duno:
It's not just you, but if you click on the Twitter link below the video, the link goes to a tweet with vids of both goals.