Crysencio Summerville- EFL Championship Player Of The Year

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Crysencio Summerville

Post by Leeds1000 »

Allrounder wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:02 pm Poveda and Costa are gone and Raph will become the new no.10 so you only have James and Harrison as wingers and it's a long season so Summerville get plenty of opportunities.
With Costa & Poveda gone the lad should be next in line. He looks a exciting prospect although i thought that about bag of tricks Poveda.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crysencio Summerville's debut vs Newcastle

92% pass accuracy
23 minutes played
17 touches
12/13 successful passes
9 final third touches
2/3 successful take-ons
2 duels won
1 cross

The 19-year-old became the 845th player to represent Leeds United

Screenshot 2021-09-18 17.17.11.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What did you think of Jimmy's debut last night?
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

For his debut he was impressive. Looking to be involved and trying to create. He looks a bit lightweight atm.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:22 pm Crysencio Summerville's debut vs Newcastle

92% pass accuracy
23 minutes played
17 touches
12/13 successful passes
9 final third touches
2/3 successful take-ons
2 duels won
1 cross

The 19-year-old became the 845th player to represent Leeds United

Screenshot 2021-09-18 17.17.11.png
Jimmy is certainly a bright prospect and I just hope MB now starts to integrate him more into the first team. He didn't look fazed at all coming on. Hopefully some of our other promising youth can replace Roberts, Ayling and Cooper in time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's better on the right imo but he looked to fit straight in, will be nice to see him run at defenders but never really found the space to do that v Newcastle
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:56 pm He's better on the right imo but he looked to fit straight in, will be nice to see him run at defenders but never really found the space to do that v Newcastle
Barcodes sat back a bit by the time Summerville came on, thought the young lad looked composed on the ball.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm For his debut he was impressive. Looking to be involved and trying to create. He looks a bit lightweight atm.

That’s why I think Geldhardt should get a chance. I think he’s physically more developed than some of the other U23s and more battle hardened from his time in the Championship with Wigan
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:41 pm That’s why I think Geldhardt should get a chance. I think he’s physically more developed than some of the other U23s and more battle hardened from his time in the Championship with Wigan
Indeed he is Cat, much more bulkier & not so easy to knock off the ball.

Unsure why Joe wasn't on the bench last night :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

csummerville7
Verified
𝙄'𝙢 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙚𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙇𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙐𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙐𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙣𝙤 𝙬𝙞𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙤 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠.

𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙣'𝙩 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙗𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙄 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙛𝙖𝙧 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄'𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙡𝙚 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙚 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙂𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣. 𝙞 𝙜𝙤𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞 𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝘿𝙤𝙣’𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙯𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙞 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 , 𝙄 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞 𝙨𝙖𝙞𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣 5 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙜𝙤 “𝙞'𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙜𝙪𝙚 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮”. 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙨 𝙖 𝙜𝙞𝙛𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙜𝙤𝙙. 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙮𝙤𝙪‘𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙡𝙙 ,𝙡𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙚. 𝙡𝙚𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙥 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩.

𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠 𝙇𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙, 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙛𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙜𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙙𝙞𝙪𝙢 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙚𝙧 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙜𝙪𝙚.

𝙈𝙊𝙏 🔵🟡⚪️

𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙂𝙇𝙊𝙍𝙔 𝙏𝙊 𝙂𝙊𝘿✝️🙏🏽

'Best is yet to come broertje,'
Noa Lang
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

]
:clap:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our young super kid knows where the net is 8-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ball recoveries to is the sort of thing that gets Bielsa very excited, well done Summer.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

German newspaper Bild is reporting that Hamburg are in talks to take Summerville to Germany on a potentially permanent basis.

The reputable German source claim the young Dutch winger has grown frustrated at Elland Road over lack of game time.

This very well may be true, Bielsa himself has acknowledged some of our u23s have asked to leave because of his methods.

Drameh the latest.

Furthermore Summerville has disappeared.

Not been in the u23 squad for 3 or 4 matches.

Barely been near the first team recently and no reports of an injury.

It really wouldn't surprise me this.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crysencio Summerville- Potentially leaving.

Post by SG90 »

Yep he went from Eredivisie to playing reserve team football. I did say these players didn't join us to play u23s, so I'm not surprised they're frustrated. Good luck to him, but I think we've got no one to blame but ourselves.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:55 pm Yep he went from Eredivisie to playing reserve team football. I did say these players didn't join us to play u23s, so I'm not surprised they're frustrated. Good luck to him, but I think we've got no one to blame but ourselves.
Will be a great shame to see Jimmy leave if it happens. The potential is clearly there and he's held his own when he has played. Seems pointless in investing in so many youth players, only to invest in their development and let them go. I can't blame the lad tbh, he has to do what's best for his career. It can't be easy working under someone like Bielsa and his idiosyncratic ways.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Just one of many I've no doubt.

Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Many of the U23 squad are not going to become first teamers.
Many would have been bought at a low price with potential.
CS was bought for £1.3m - he may go for £8m+ for example, which is a big profit.
Sentimentality aside, this happens at all PL teams.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Anyone else like to see him start ahead of James occasionally? I would.

I just hope Gelhardt doesn’t go the same way.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:55 pm Yep he went from Eredivisie...
Bit of a step up alright, he won't be the first player from the Eredivisie who didn't quite make it. If he moves on to the German 2nd Division and the club make a profit, good luck to him and seems like smart business for the club.