Rob Burrow on the bbc

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Rob Burrow on the bbc

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Don't know how many people on here are aware of Rob. Being a little fella myself this guy was a favourite of mine at the Rhinos.
Just sad to see the effect of mnd destroy this true gent and genuine hard man of Rugby League.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1304306269491212290
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Rob Burrow on the bbc

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:01 pm Don't know how many people on here are aware of Rob. Being a little fella myself this guy was a favourite of mine at the Rhinos.
Just sad to see the effect of mnd destroy this true gent and genuine hard man of Rugby League.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1304306269491212290
A big favourite of mine too

Heart wrenching MJ
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Just had to witness the decline of a relative through motor neurone disease, the speed of it's onset can be truly shocking.

Robbie Burrow has always been a hero of mine and the strength he is showing is remarkable, his physical decline is heartbreaking whilst his mental fortutude is amazing.
Lorimer46
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

I've known three people who've succumbed to this , it's truly awful to watch fit and healthy people decline the way they do
If life throws you lemons, make Lemonade
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I watched Rob give an interview at the start of the year and thought blimey, his speech is a bit slurred. I saw him on the BBC Interview and was shocked at the decline in such a short space of time, an absolutely terrible disease.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Watched a number of interviews by Sally (BBC News) with Rob and they obviously get on really well, I don’t know how she holds it together I was getting upset watching.

Like many on here I’ve followed the Rhinos for quite a few years and Rob was always a particular favourite, with him always been the smallest but bravest guy on the pitch. To see and hear him now is so sad, but you can see the love and support he gets from his wife and kids (plus rest of the fam) so from me all the best big man you were and always will be a massive inspiration MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Richard wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 am I watched Rob give an interview at the start of the year and thought blimey, his speech is a bit slurred. I saw him on the BBC Interview and was shocked at the decline in such a short space of time, an absolutely terrible disease.
My thoughts exactly, really shocked at the rapid decline how his speech has worsened and having to use a wheelchair....tragic to see.