Player Ratings v Liverpool (a)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Liverpool (a)

Post by faaip »

Roberts was involved a lot,not sure how you miss that to be honest..Several good passes, good defence and an excellent run or two, movement off the ball excellent too. Missed on his only cross as he over hit
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Meslier - 7.5, good game, good feet, couple of excellent saves (especially stopping the Struijk miss kick). Docked him half a point as thought he should have been coming and punching the cross that lead to Salah's second.
Ayling - 8, usual energy and drive, kept Mane quiet for most of the game
Dallas - 7, thankless task against a clearly up for it Salah, but stuck to the task and didn't let himself or his team mates down
Koch - 7, lost his nerve/confidence after the penalty decision but grew into the game and looks a very good buy.
Strujik - 7, thrown in on only his 3rd (I think) start in English football. Did very little wrong, to the point that I'm not sure we need to buy another cb
Phillips -7.5, looked a little lost at times early doors but once he settled, he had a good game. Sublime pass to send Jack away for the first equaliser
Klich - 9, outstanding, his work rate is immense and he looked right at home in the midfield battle. Great movement and finish for his goal. MOTM
Hernandez - 6, earned his right to start, but the game passed Pablo by. We need a 10 with El Mago as an impact sub.
Harrison - 8, busy all day, gave TAA a hard time and great work and finish for his goal. Keeps getting better.
Costa - 7.5, let down by his final ball at times, but looks a far better player since lockdown and think he will thrive in the Prem where there's not so much parking of the bus.
Bamford - 7, put in his usual shift and was delighted to see him get a goal which should do his confidence the world of good.

Subs:

Roberts - 6, did ok and didn't look out of his depth
Shacks - 6, as above
Rodrigo - 5, typical striker's challenge for the pen, but he will be fine once he gets to know his team-mates and the system.

Ref - 6.5, let the game flow in the main, which added to the spectacle, but cocked up for the first pen as it should have went to VAR
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Meslier - 6
Ayling - 8
Dallas - 7
Koch - 5
Strujik - 8
Phillips - 8
Klich - 9
Hernandez - 4
Harrison - 8
Costa - 7
Bamford - 7

Rodrigo - 4
Roberts - 6
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I’m amazed how many people have given Pablo more than 5 are you all sure it’s not a sympathy vote based on what he can do and not based on Saturdays game? He was abysmal and was lucky not to get hauled off after 45 minutes....

Stats by WyScout show that Hernandez completed just 58 per cent of his passes at Anfield this weekend and lost possession 13 times.

The attacking midfielder also managed just one touch inside the home side’s penalty area, didn’t assist any shots and failed to complete any dribbles before he was substituted off just after the hour mark.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Meslier - 7
Ayling - 8
Dallas - 8
Koch - 6
Struijk - 6
Phillips - 7
Klich - 9 MOTM
Hernandez - 5
Harrison - 8
Costa - 7
Bamford - 7

Rodrigo - 5
Roberts - 6
Shackleton - 6
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
Pykie
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pykie »

Meslier - 6.5 - Probably not as high on him as others. Made some good saves. Some poor distribution at times, partly at fault for the second goal and despite the offside, got genuinely lucky for the disallowed goal when get got caught in no mans land. I think he got caught out of position in the first minute against Firmino, most PL strikers lob him and make him pay for that mistake also.
Ayling - 8.5 MOTM - Absolutely killed Mane, murdered arguably the best LW in the world. Best FB on the pitch. Through ball to Bamford in the first half was a cracker.
Dallas - 6.5 - Did as well as he could on Salah. Salah is just a world class player and went through him a few times.
Koch - 6.5 - Made a number of mistakes in the first 20mins (not at fault for the hb though), but was excellent in the second half. That play where he beat Mane for pace 1 vs 1 was top shelf.
Struijk - 7.5 - Thought he was generally excellent. His range of passing in this game hasn't been spoken about enough.
Phillips - 7.5 - I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half. Bossed the game, run out of petrol in the second though
Klich - 8.5 - Was excellent in defense and attack, capped with one of the best goals of the round.
Hernandez - 5.5 - To be brutally honest, terrible. Pass completion % in 50's, ball retention shocking and didn't complete a dribble and wasn't involved in any of the goals. Plenty of brownie points though. Fucked a clear chance where he needed to center the ball to Bamford for an open goal as well.
Harrison - 8.0 - Wow, looked like a genuine class PL winger out there. Gave Robertson a torrid time.
Costa - 8.0 - Wow, looked like a genuine class PL winger out there Great pass for Klich's goal, supurb nutmeg and run on TAA, was involved in multiple plays. Completed destroyed TAA multiple times.
Bamford - 7.0 - Usual workmanlike performance. Obviously took the goal well, however he mucked up a clear cut chance from a perfect through ball by Ayling. I'm still dubious of him at this level if he's not taking chances first time. You just don't have a split second to make a decision in the PL
Rodrigo - 5.5 - People missed the fact he was involved in the build up to Klich's goal. The penalty was obviously a shocker though,
Roberts - 5.5 - Pass completion % of ~30% probably says it all.
Shackleton N/A - Not enough time to impact.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Average Ratings So Far

8.7 (174.5) Klich
7.9 (158.0) Ayling
7.7 (154.5) Harrison
7.7 (154.0) Phillips
7.4 (148.0) Meslier
7.2 (143.5) Struijk
7.3 (138.5) Bamford
7.0 (140.5) Costa
6.9 (137.5) Dallas
6.3 (125.5) Koch
6.0 (120.5) Hernandez
Subs
6.3 (113.5) Roberts
4.6 (069.0) Rodrigo
n/a Shackleton
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Pykie wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:57 pm Meslier - 6.5 - Probably not as high on him as others. Made some good saves. Some poor distribution at times, partly at fault for the second goal and despite the offside, got genuinely lucky for the disallowed goal when get got caught in no mans land. I think he got caught out of position in the first minute against Firmino, most PL strikers lob him and make him pay for that mistake also.
Ayling - 8.5 MOTM - Absolutely killed Mane, murdered arguably the best LW in the world. Best FB on the pitch. Through ball to Bamford in the first half was a cracker.
Dallas - 6.5 - Did as well as he could on Salah. Salah is just a world class player and went through him a few times.
Koch - 6.5 - Made a number of mistakes in the first 20mins (not at fault for the hb though), but was excellent in the second half. That play where he beat Mane for pace 1 vs 1 was top shelf.
Struijk - 7.5 - Thought he was generally excellent. His range of passing in this game hasn't been spoken about enough.
Phillips - 7.5 - I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half. Bossed the game, run out of petrol in the second though
Klich - 8.5 - Was excellent in defense and attack, capped with one of the best goals of the round.
Hernandez - 5.5 - To be brutally honest, terrible. Pass completion % in 50's, ball retention shocking and didn't complete a dribble and wasn't involved in any of the goals. Plenty of brownie points though. Fucked a clear chance where he needed to center the ball to Bamford for an open goal as well.
Harrison - 8.0 - Wow, looked like a genuine class PL winger out there. Gave Robertson a torrid time.
Costa - 8.0 - Wow, looked like a genuine class PL winger out there Great pass for Klich's goal, supurb nutmeg and run on TAA, was involved in multiple plays. Completed destroyed TAA multiple times.
Bamford - 7.0 - Usual workmanlike performance. Obviously took the goal well, however he mucked up a clear cut chance from a perfect through ball by Ayling. I'm still dubious of him at this level if he's not taking chances first time. You just don't have a split second to make a decision in the PL
Rodrigo - 5.5 - People missed the fact he was involved in the build up to Klich's goal. The penalty was obviously a shocker though,
Roberts - 5.5 - Pass completion % of ~30% probably says it all.
Shackleton N/A - Not enough time to impact.
It really doesn't ...the pass completion stat is a particularly poor one up there with shots on goal
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:50 pm It really doesn't ...the pass completion stat is a particularly poor one up there with shots on goal
It's not great though for an attacking midfielder though, technically gifted players don't give 70% of their passes away. That ratio is up there with the likes of Michael Brown, Liam O'Kane, Rudi Austin, etc
LUFC 1966
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by LUFC 1966 »

Meslier - 6.5 sold up the river by Struijks back header for Salahs second . VVD header carried into the net but kicking good
Ayling - 8 Kept Mane in check
Dallas - 8 Dont remember him being skinned too often by Salah and good going forward
Koch - 6.5 Shaky start but recovered to have a decent debut
Struijk - 6.5 poor back header leading to salah's second but generally good game
Phillips - 7.5 some of his passing was outstanding and led to Firmino being absent
Klich - 9 End to End as usual great finish
Hernandez - 5 worst game i have seen him play
Harrison - 8 what a finish gave TAA and Gomez their bus tickets on the way past .
Costa - 7.5 Better from Helder excellent ball for Klich goal
Bamford - 7.5 Kept VVD and Gomez honest . good finish but should have scored from Aylings pass

Rodrigo - 5.5 dont tackle Rodders
Roberts - 6 Decent link up play
Shackleton - 6 not much to do but did it better than Pablo
Back were we belong :scar1 :scar1 :scar1 :celeb:
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Ten passes including 1 cross, 1 short pass only (where a lot of players pad their stats) 8 medium passes 3 successful but would have been attacking/aggressive passes. 2 defensive blocks (more than Paddy) 1 tackle (more than Paddy) 1 interception ...

Was targeted 9 times completing 7 of those (Paddy targeted 23 times only 6 of which he collected)

Rodrigo by the way targeted 8 times didn't pick up a single pass, which might have something to do with Tyler's 30% completion.

Tyler also collected 3 loose balls and won his only header (Bamford lost both of his)
Leeds1000
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Leeds1000 »

Been away so late to the party with this.

7.5 Meslier: It was always going to be a tough first game. Thought he did ok great tip over to stop the OG.
7.5 Ayling: Full of running, linked up well at times.
6 Dallas: Grew into the game. Personally i would still prefer a new LWB.
6.5 Koch: Unlucky with the penalty. A new CB pairing against the Champions was always going to be tough. Got better as the game went on.
7 Strujik: Same as above although i think he edges Koch on overall performance. They both made errors. Will be harsh on him if he losses his place.
8.5 Phillips MOTM: He has so much ground to cover with the way MB sets the teams up. Lovely ball from deep to get Harrison going. Essential.
7 Klich: I thought Klich had a quite game overall. Never stops working but not as influential as i would have hoped. Cracking goal.
5.5 Hernandez: Poor overall performance from our talisman. Rightly subbed. He will be more influential when teams don't press as high.
7 Harrison: Works his socks off as usual. The touch leading up to the goal was sublime. Expected a little more creativity from him.
7.5 Costa: Great little pass into Klich for the goal. Some good running with the ball. We just need some goals from him.
8 Bamford: The usual hard work from Paddy and backed up with a goal. Keep it up lad.
Subs
3 Rodrigo: Cost us a point. I thought he was a experienced International? That challenge was infantile at best. I don't care how long he's been here. Poor!