Positives & Negatives v Liverpool (one of each please)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Positives & Negatives (one of each please)

Post by 1964white »

Positive

We deserved so much more

Negative

We got nothing
Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Positive we turned up and played well

Negative The game was too fast for Pablo he needs replacing urgently
gerryjo1984
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by gerryjo1984 »

Positive

We took our chances. 3 on target, 3 goals. Imagine some of the scores we could have ran up last season with that efficiency.

Negative

Pablo. Game passed him by. We had enough possession for him to make an impact but he didn't. Probably shouldn't be a starter anymore.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:52 pm Negative

Can't really think of one to be honest, that's about as good a defence can play on 2 days training..
They won't have even had 2 days training if Cooper got injured on Friday as they would have been working on Koch and Cooper playing together or Cooper and Struyjk. I doubt Sruyjk and Koch would have had any time training together in terms of defensive positioning and shape.

It looked like we defended better in the second half as likely Koch and Struyjk would have been able to talk to each other at half time about what to do and how to play to each other's strengths more having had 45 minutes to see how each other plays.
Senor El Weasel
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

weasel wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:46 pm They won't have even had 2 days training if Cooper got injured on Friday as they would have been working on Koch and Cooper playing together or Cooper and Struyjk. I doubt Sruyjk and Koch would have had any time training together in terms of defensive positioning and shape.

It looked like we defended better in the second half as likely Koch and Struyjk would have been able to talk to each other at half time about what to do and how to play to each other's strengths more having had 45 minutes to see how each other plays.
Coop injured with Scotland apparently ....so we maybe had more time, but, for something that should take a couple of months, to produce a decent defensive display in 2 days is quite something.
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:59 pm Positive...
Never dropped their heads, came straight back no matter what

Negative...
IMO... (not a critisism) Hernandez has to come on in the second half... much more impact after watching where he can exploit through the first half.
I think that's a fair point. Hernandez started the game really well. But he's only effective for 50 to 60 minutes. He'd obviously be more destructive coming on as the opposition tires. We're obviosuy on the look out for a number 10, which would make this more workable
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Denman
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Denman »

Positive - The confidence gained by holding our own against such a good side.

Negative - Coming away with nowt when we deserved a point.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gerryjo1984 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 pm Positive

We took our chances. 3 on target, 3 goals. Imagine some of the scores we could have ran up last season with that efficiency.

Negative

Pablo. Game passed him by. We had enough possession for him to make an impact but he didn't. Probably shouldn't be a starter anymore.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
Welcome to MOT Gerryjo :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm I think that's a fair point. Hernandez started the game really well. But he's only effective for 50 to 60 minutes. He'd obviously be more destructive coming on as the opposition tires. We're obviosuy on the look out for a number 10, which would make this more workable
I wouldn't write Pablo off after our first game of the season!
Bally
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bally »

Positive looked dangerous going forward

Negative
Squad depth isn’t strong enough a couple of injuries to key players and We’d struggle
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 pm Positive: Our players proved their quality

Negative: Set-piece vulnerability
Ditto :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Positive: We more than held our own against the champions

Negative: Already been said, but the game passed Pablo by. We need a 10, with Pablo as an impact sub
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Pablo has had off days before, he usually responds with 2 or 3 stormers ...plus he was probably their guy to keep quiet.
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

And regarding the set piece vulnerability, not sure you can call a pen a set piece and it's an awfully small sample size to imply we have an issue with them.
lufc1304
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:22 pm Pablo has had off days before, he usually responds with 2 or 3 stormers ...plus he was probably their guy to keep quiet.
That's true and I'm certainly not writing him off, but I think Bielsa will have to pick and choose which games to start him in. He looked lost yesterday, something that was hard to comprehend and watch. but there will be games which are tailormade for him and I don't think we've seen the last of him as a playmaker. But the reality is he'll be 36 before this season is finished and, with the best will in the world, it's unrealistic to expect him to be consistently influential in a 38 game Prem season. Hence my assertion that we need a new 10.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

We matched the mega rich Champions making their defence look silly at times

Giving away 2 penalties which handed then the 3 points
Broad Ford
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Broad Ford »

Positive: Couldn't have asked anymore from the attackers. Superb.

Negative: What should have been an unlikely point gained, thrown away by naive late defending.
The TV19 virus infects your brain
faster than you can think!

Keep Calm, Switch off and Carry On.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:22 pm Pablo has had off days before, he usually responds with 2 or 3 stormers ...plus he was probably their guy to keep quiet.
Indeed :tup: no way would I write off Pablo after one poor game by his standards
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:44 pm We matched the mega rich Champions making their defence look silly at times

Giving away 2 penalties which handed then the 3 points
Actually they've spent around 33 Mill over the last 3 seasons. They're where they are because of management, bit like us
hector

Post by hector »

+ve we played well
-ve we lost