The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 18th September) Double delight in pursuit of De Paul

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 18th September) Double delight in pursuit of De Paul

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 18th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Double delight in Leeds pursuit of De Paul

Italian Sky Sports Journalist Fabrizio Romano has reported that Rodrigo De Paul has rejected a contract offer from Zenit St Petersburg because wants to play for Leeds. Speaking via the Here We Go podcast Romano disclosed that Zenit offered De Paul, 26, an “important bid” but it has been rejected by the Argentina international because he has his heart set on playing in the Premier League with Leeds.

Furthermore, Udine-based local newspaper Messaggero Veneto say ‘negotiations remains hot’ with Leeds United. More importantly they also claim that an offer of €30m (27.4m) plus bonuses ‘should do it’ for Leeds. Unconfirmed reports have already suggested that Leeds have already bid €30m. Could it be that both sides of the table are now just squabbling over a sell on fee?

You have to praise Messrs Orta and Radrizzani business approach, if this deal does works out. Udinese wanted €40m, even when Zenit St Petersburg came in with a €35m offer for the Argentine, Leeds stood their ground. Now it seems (hopefully) that they can save a significant amount of money!

Zagreb getting KO'd from the Champions league could have positive repercussions for Leeds

Dinamo Zagreb went crashing out of the third qualifying round of the Champions League last night to Hungarian outfit Ferencvaros (try saying that when you're drunk)! What relevance that that have for us?

Leeds have been targeting Zagreb's highly rated centre back Josko Gvardiol for most of the Summer. German outfit Leipzig tried to hijack the deal with a €15m bid and would loan the teenager back to Zagreb for the rest of the season, but a far superior offer on the table from the Whites, believed to be €22m has certainly got the Croatian Champions interest.

Over the last fortnight Gvardiol has been claiming that he wouldn't leave his club until after they had played Ferencvaros in the Champions League. This game took place yesterday, and Zagreb lost. Surely this means that there are no reasons for Gvardiol to stay?

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 18th September) Double delight in pursuit of De Paul

Post by Fridge »

De Paul is exactly the sort of player I would love us to be getting in. Pablo didn't look up to his usual standard against Liverpool and Roberts coming off the bench in that role didn't fill me with hope. Get it done Radz...

Hopefully leaving the CL means we can get Gvardiol, young player but looks like he could muscle his way into that LB role.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 18th September) Double delight in pursuit of De Paul

Post by Ratscoot »

Good morning EB et all

I'd love it if we got the De Paul transfer over the line as I feel that would make a massive statement but more importantly he is a ready made replacement for Pablo and I think he would also be improved by playing under Bielsa and learning from Pablo.

The young CB if Bielsa wants him then great I certainly won't be arguing with that ;-)
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Would be very happy with De Paul alone, having another potential CB/LB/DM would be magic. Still plenty of time to get the finer points sorted yet, though.

Tell you what, though, I'm far more anxious in the run up to the Fulham game than I was the last one.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Also feel I have to tell everyone I had the strangest dream last night that Bielsa came to my house and my immediate reaction was to make him a cup of tea and ask him if he wanted to watch some football matches while he gave me a running tactical commentary. I woke up before the kettle finishing boiling though. :verysad:
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

De Paul is all about Leeds matching the asking fee.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I just wish we'd get on with this signing before another club nicks De Paul off us.

We desperately need a quality playmaker rather than be totally reliant on Pablo
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just pay up and get him in so he can be in the squad for next week's game.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

This guy is so smart on the ball, I never tire of watching a player who is always thinking three steps ahead.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

taking long enough this RUMOUR transfer isnt it?.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

If we sign these two I reckon that’ll be around £80/£90m spent this year including Costa and some of the young lads. That’s a big commitment - hope it pays off.