Take Us Home

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Take Us Home

Post by The Subhuman »

New series on Amazon for those with access, all star cast inc. NCW, Russell Crowe and Ralph Ineson. Marcelo makes an appearance episode 2 and the only reason we kept Kalvin for the 19/20 season was his nan
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Take Us Home

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Here's a YouTube like for Part 1 (no subtitles for Bielsa comments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58SlGkQ ... 7%9C%D7%99
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:52 pm New series on Amazon for those with access, all star cast inc. NCW, Russell Crowe and Ralph Ineson. Marcelo makes an appearance episode 2 and the only reason we kept Kalvin for the 19/20 season was his nan
Just watched Part 1. Love that part with Kalvin's grandma, a big part of the reason he's so loyal to Leeds.

"Victor's bought us some champagne" [Kalvin bursts out laughing] .... Brilliant stuff

Also sad to see Norman Hunter. He didn't seem that bad at the time did he?
gerryjo1984
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by gerryjo1984 »

Agree with the post above re Hunter. Looks like the disease took him pretty fast. Looked great at the centenary celebrations.

Literally just watched the two episodes. Have to admit to some emotion at the scenes from the Huddersfield vs Wba game.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Great watch, highly recommend to anyone with a spare 90 mins and an Amazon subscription
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Fridge wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:21 pm Great watch, highly recommend to anyone with a spare 90 mins and an Amazon subscription
Or the free link I posted ;-) ;-)
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Highly recommended, binge watched the whole thing over the week and it brought a tear to my eye a couple of times, whether from reliving the joys and sorrows of these seasons past or seeing Norman speak publicly for one of the last times. Brilliant decision to get the fans so involved with it, following a few really special journeys.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm Highly recommended, binge watched the whole thing over the week and it brought a tear to my eye a couple of times, whether from reliving the joys and sorrows of these seasons past or seeing Norman speak publicly for one of the last times. Brilliant decision to get the fans so involved with it, following a few really special journeys.
I think that docu says a lot about Radrizzani and what he's brought to the club. He's really worked to improve the connection with the fans - both locally and globally
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:33 pm I think that docu says a lot about Radrizzani and what he's brought to the club. He's really worked to improve the connection with the fans - both locally and globally
For sure, but honestly the guy I ended up liking the most was Orta. What a maniac. :lol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:37 pm For sure, but honestly the guy I ended up liking the most was Orta. What a maniac. :lol:
I meant Radz for commissioning the project - part of his strategy for connecting the fan base. It gives us a real life connection to guys like Victor Orta, Angus Kinnear, and all the players. You can't help but feel like you know Kalvin and Luke Ayling after watching.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:43 pm I meant Radz for commissioning the project - part of his strategy for connecting the fan base. It gives us a real life connection to guys like Victor Orta, Angus Kinnear, and all the players. You can't help but feel like you know Kalvin and Luke Ayling after watching.
Indeed, to all points. Kalvin's just one of us all over, such a normal lad. And Luke, I just never tired of seeing that wondrous sparkle in his eyes. You can just tell he knows he's lucky to be at this club, at this time and he's grabbed his opportunity with both hands.
Tooting
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tooting »

It was strange that there was no mention of what happened to Kiko, but that probably just shows that the club had a veto on what was included.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Here's a link for Part 2 (again no subtitles for Bielsa): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtUhctVOq0U
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

So I never watched the first series, I just could not take reliving that season. When Series 2 appeared I made the decision to binge the whole thing, So I sat down tonight with a bottle of Glenlivet and a Romeo & Juliet #1 Havana (Hand rolled on the thigh of a Cuban maiden 8-) ).
You know you think you know somethings... I got so much from this experience.

Radz... Have been a fan since the day he bought into the club, but seeing him throughout this documentary series, what a truly amazing and nice guy he is. There are many wealthy (more so than Radz) who could have bought the club and took us home however we would more than likely have been compared to Chelski, or Scum by buying our way forward... Radz has brought so much dignity and feeling of family to the club, you cannot buy that. And our ascension is all down to his dream and guidence.
Outstanding point...all the players agreeing to a pay cut during the pandemic scare as long as the staff retained their full salaries. Brilliant.

Angus Kinnear I truly underestimated just how important he is to the club and under estimated.

Orta... When appointed I was livid, not a fan of his at all, and it took a long time for him to grow on me, I eventually came to respect him. But after watching this documentary, wow the man is insane and completely and utterly a true club man.

The players... What a team they show they would die for each other, so reminiscent of our Revie boys.

Bielsa... What can I add that you all do not know already. :love:

The Norman, Jack and Trevor segments, very emotional, and I raised my glass to all three.

I also raised my glass at the end of part 2 second series... to the whole club... Onwards and upwards. Proud to be a Loiner and proud to have followed our club, from my earliest recollection till the day I die...and then some.

MOT
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

My only disappointment with Season 2 is that it's a lot shorter than Season 1. There was a lot more stuff in the first season. I think the club - mostly Bielsa - probably told them he didn't want the cameras in too many places. Like in the first season we saw a lot more in the tunnel and the players celabrations and disappointments. He probably told them that he didn't want too many distractions around the team

That said there's much to love. I do love that Radrizzani commissioned this project in the first place. It's part of his larger strategy of growing the fan base and making us feel more connected, like a family. Smart man.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:30 am Orta... When appointed I was livid, not a fan of his at all, and it took a long time for him to grow on me, I eventually came to respect him. But after watching this documentary, wow the man is insane and completely and utterly a true club man.
Actually got to me, seeing him literally sobbing with the stress and frustration after THAT transfer deadline...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Some great takeaways from Part 2

The Norman Hunter piece - Shame Cherry and Charlton didn't get the same coverage, but it was during covid
Kalvin's new contract - loved the part where his mum and grandma are at Elland Road and Orta is giving them champagne and flowers
Orta - he's brilliant
As a whole it puts us closer to the players and directors - don't think I've ever respected an MD as much as Kinnear
The players all agreeing to defer wages on condition that all other staff got paid (Shame on Arsenal)
Someone video chatted Nketiah during the promotion celebrations
The behind the scene ER celebrations were great - especially the players getting drunk on the pitch and Kalvin reenacting his free kick
That Leeds fan with the nice back yard bar is a nutter. I want to be friends with him
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Looking forward to watching it again. Just need to borrow my mates Amazon password.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

This is a much watch. Not a dry eye in the house (inc the wife who is not keen on football.)

Norman's speech set me off

Kalvins's Gran when he his signing his contract "Have you read it" :) + "Victor has just brought us champagne" :)

Pablo's goal at Swansea :scar1

The players watching the Hudds v WBA game

Orta's unbelievable passion

Pablo and Luke at home - such nice and modest guys

.. and Bielsa's words at the end finished me off.

Translation below for the overseas lads who missed it.

"I co-exist with professionals. I have grown to love them, respect them and admire them. And because they are human beings with integrity, they are good people.

The supporters, the only thing for them is that they love their club. The only thing they receive in exchange is emotions. For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football.

This is going to be a lovely memory for all my life. And it was beautiful. Everything that happened was so, so beautiful. Unforgettable."
Last edited by Gandalf on Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:26 pm Looking forward to watching it again. Just need to borrow my mates Amazon password.
You can watch it on YouTube