Data experts 538

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Data experts 538

Post by Smudge3920 »

These guys are predicting for next Saturdays game ... Blades 45% Leeds 28% and Draw 28% !... not sure how good these guys are as that totals 101% according to my math... Anyway link below be interesting to see how accurate they are over the course of the season.

They also predict we will finish 17th on 40pts just above Noocastle by goal difference.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/so ... er-league/
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Data experts 538

Post by John in Louisiana »

This will change quite a bit in the next few weeks as they're formulating their power ratings with very little data, especially for the newly promoted sides.

Starting with our win on Sunday.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:10 pm These guys are predicting for next Saturdays game ... Blades 45% Leeds 28% and Draw 28% !... not sure how good these guys are as that totals 101% according to my math... Anyway link below be interesting to see how accurate they are over the course of the season.

They also predict we will finish 17th on 40pts just above Noocastle by goal difference.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/so ... er-league/
I prefer the combined wisdom of the MOT predictors who have gone for:

"Wide ranging predictions from 1st :shock: down to 16th and 11 different positions inbetween. However, when you average them all out it seems we'll finish at 9.3 - so 9th or 10th !!"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

:lol: me too Muppet... these guys have us down as favourites to win only 5 games this season = 15 pts so I guess according to them we will draw 25 games and lose only 8 for our 40pts.. Obviously they rated the teams to start the season off, and the numbers hopefully, will change as the season progresses... but they don't think much of us by the look of it... But what's new :lol: