Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by HarryofOz »

Yeeeeeeeesssssssss win with a clean sheet
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by faaip »

Rodrigo not doing much for our defence compared to the work Roberts put in back there so assuming Alio is a more defensive move..
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:54 pm Rodrigo not doing much for our defence compared to the work Roberts put in back there so assuming Alio is a more defensive move..
Yes, it was a tactical sub to see out the game.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Such a good performance, So many positives from today
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Champions of Yorkshire!!!
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

18 - 4 FK's given away, says a lot too
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
Chilli D
First Team
First Team

Post by Chilli D »

Looking forward to watching MOTD2 tonight now.
Great result.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

What can I say? Paddy's on fire, Rodrigo's already looking a massive upgrade on Roberts and Koch is starting to seem the real deal. The rest of the lads put in their usual shift. Great win.
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

A very good performance over the ninety minutes, we definitely deserved all three points.

Beautifully crafted and finished winning goal.

Meslier key saves in the first half.

Koch faultless at the back

Phillips, Dallas and Klich class in the midfield.

Some really good play by Harrison and Costa and Poveda

Nice touches by Rodrigo

Paddy just keeps on scoring.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
Scoobychief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scoobychief »

great result, i thought the half time switch was needed and rodrigo did very well, also poveda did well. hope rodrigo is ok, not sure why he came off. but great result well done lads. mieslier MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

What can you say ... so many positives in that game. Excellent performance excellent result. :scarfe2:
Side before self & MOT
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

dezzy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:55 pm Such a good performance, So many positives from today
Yep, and no negatives for me at all.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Bamford for England :eng:

Gobby Wilder will be silent tonight, excellent. 8-)
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:57 pm What can you say ... so many positives in that game. Excellent performance excellent result. :scarfe2:
Spot on, a very good performance.

And we finished off the game intelligently.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Thought it was there for the taking today, important to win these kind of games. Koch was class, Meslier two wonder saves, Rodrigo helped create the goal. Poveda it's great he's confident, but a bit too greedy so far, needs to learn to pass.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:57 pm great result, i thought the half time switch was needed and rodrigo did very well, also poveda did well. hope rodrigo is ok, not sure why he came off. but great result well done lads. mieslier MOT
He's likely still building up his Bielsa fitness without a pre-season but Bielsa did the same with Fulham, brought Alioski on to stabilise the game and hold onto the lead.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Still look way below our best. Man Citeh next up, so can't afford to keep giving the ball away in that game. Roberts offers nothing, if only Shack was given the same opportunities he was. No Harrison next week either.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier brilliant.

Subs played very well. It's a shame Poveda and Costa play the same position. The two of them at the same time would run opponents into the ground.

I think maybe Bielsa was building his team in the Championship with an eye toward how it would work in the EPL. Bamford and Costa, in particular, are flourishing. They were hindered severely by the Championship style of play.

Koch was excellent today.

All three points away from ER. Great day.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

SG90 wrote:Bamford for England :eng:
That is 64's perogative to make such predictionsImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

If the season ended today, we'd be playing in Europe next year. :)