Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by Haighy »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:15 pm last player to score in first 3 games of a top flight season for Leeds?

A certain Mr Jones in 1968!

well done Paddy
Thought it was Whelan in the 90s...🤔
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by mothbanquet »

danhirons wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:33 pm rodrigo sub and then subbed again, have a bad half?
Tactical sub to hold onto the scoreline, Bielsa actually admitted he regretted not taking Bamford instead in the post-match. Rodrigo looked an instant improvement on Roberts, had some moments of quality but still in the process of building up fitness and establishing that link with the other attackers. Actually got into a real goalscoring position a couple of times but Poveda was a bit greedy.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:50 pmstrange...
Tactical ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:55 pm Champions of Yorkshire!!!
Where is the Champions League Final in 2022
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

I like Alio as a late sub to hold or chase the game. He's an effective disrupter of play.
Leeds are a myth.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

To take 6 points in between the games against the top 2, was the most we could ask for really. Great how it's worked out. Take a huge weight off on back too that we're not waiting ages for the first win/away win.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

SaraM wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:42 pm I like Alio as a late sub to hold or chase the game. He's an effective disrupter of play.
Indeed, and quick as a hare, good for counterattacks alongside Harrison against teams pressing forward.
tomas_at17
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by tomas_at17 »

Come on Leeds!! Very good win
Vamos Leeds Carajo!!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:03 pm That is 64's perogative to make such predictionsImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk
I love the positivity
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:13 pm Haha, Bielsa having to remind the reporter that Bamford scored before the Rodrigo sub, not after... These utter chumps. :lol:

Interesting he regrets not taking Bamford off for Alioski as he was more tired.
Love it from Bielsa

What a set of clowns :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:19 pm Bielsa talking after the game saying he took Rodrigo off for tactical reasons. Left paddy on because he's better at defending than Rodrigo but was wrong decision as Paddy was very tired
Was obvious what Marcelo was thinking, correct substitution from Bielsa.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm To take 6 points in between the games against the top 2, was the most we could ask for really. Great how it's worked out. Take a huge weight off on back too that we're not waiting ages for the first win/away win.
To echo Savage, we look like we're a Premier League team, we play like a Premier League team and we believe we're a Premier League team.

We're winning the matches we should be winning so far and we have the comfort of knowing the even if we lose against the teams we expect to lose again, we pick up and go again the next time. Definitely can't dismiss the chance of us getting the odd result against better teams either. If we'd have played Chelsea last night instead of West Brom it would've been 4-2 or 5-3 to us by the end.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:15 pm last player to score in first 3 games of a top flight season for Leeds?

A certain Mr Jones in 1968!

well done Paddy
I was there Peter.....loved Mick Jones, a very underrated centre-forward
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

mothbanquet wrote:
Tactical sub to hold onto the scoreline, Bielsa actually admitted he regretted not taking Bamford instead in the post-match. Rodrigo looked an instant improvement on Roberts, had some moments of quality but still in the process of building up fitness and establishing that link with the other attackers. Actually got into a real goalscoring position a couple of times but Poveda was a bit greedy.
That Shot that "DAVE" had on goal nearly took the Huddersfield players head off.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

Last edited by rab_rant on Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 pm Tidy performance, I like koch,well i don't but I do :lol:
Good display pleased for everyone :)
Koch settling in nicely, impressive today
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:57 pm Yep, and no negatives for me at all.
No, not when you consider how good Sheff U have been since going up
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Azkalwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Azkalwhite »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:26 pm Tidy performance, I like koch,well i don't but I do :lol:
Good display pleased for everyone :)
Priceless 😂😂😂
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

It was always going to tight today. Blunts well organised and don't score much. I said last week I'd be very happy with a boring 1-0, although it wasn't a boring game.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

dezzy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:54 pm No, not when you consider how good Sheff U have been since going up
They're still very dangerous, I think their luck will pick up soon.
BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

Missed the first 30 mins but not much happened going on the comments on here. Both keepers kept their teams in it with some blinding saves, well pleased for Our Messy, he was superb all game and seems to have a calming influence on the lads.
2nd half I thought we looked quite comfortable at the back and looking more likely to break the deadlock as time went on. Rodders showing some nice touches but not quite on the same wavelength occasionaly with others but definately looks promising . Paddy had a couple of 'sighters' before finally getting on the end of Harrisons great cross which was just reward for another good game from him. Overall we deserved the win which gives us a nice confidence boost ahead of a couple of very tough games against City & Wolves .
Messy MOTM for me.