Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Peter in Blackpool
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Haighy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:38 pm Thought it was Whelan in the 90s...🤔
no, Whelan scored 7 times for Leeds, all in 94-95 season, lost is place when we signed someone called yeboah

in that season whelan scored in our second third and fourth game, but we drew our first game 0-0 against West Ham.....so he did come close
Mick Jones shoulder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Sheffield Utd v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD - Hernandez still out, Roberts in for Rodrigo

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Yep Harrison been much better with the final ball Pleased for him :tup:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:42 pm I like Alio as a late sub to hold or chase the game. He's an effective disrupter of play.
Agree. Said to Mr Swan that Ali will rattle the blunts
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:49 pm Was obvious what Marcelo was thinking, correct substitution from Bielsa.
It was Bielsa who said he'd made the wrong decision in not taking Paddy off....not me 64 :lol:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Wilder thinks the Blunts should have won....also that his player was fouled in the lead up to our goal :roll:
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:31 pm Wilder thinks the Blunts should have won....also that his player was fouled in the lead up to our goal :roll:
Supposed we should've let them score too, damn that selfish Meslier! :x
DavidH
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DavidH »

"Where is the Champions League Final in 2022" - Probably on Zoom!

Great performance today. Sheffield Utd were no pushovers, and had some lively passing movements. Good to see McBurnie and Sharp get nothing from the game. I'm another who fears past players playing against us. The TV commentator said Sharp had scored more goals against us than while playing for us. Rodrigo looked a step up to Roberts, and Koch I'm sure will end up being a giant of our defence. Citey? Which city is that then?
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

I'd like to see Shack start ahead of Roberts next game. There's still too much space in CM for my liking and JS has a great engine for box to box. Roberts is a passenger.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

DavidH wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 pm Koch I'm sure will end up being a giant of our defence. Citey? Which city is that then?
Let's not get too Kochy :lol:
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:31 pm Wilder thinks the Blunts should have won....also that his player was fouled in the lead up to our goal :roll:
Tbf, he was never going to say anything else, deluded arse that he is.
They're going to get beat more often than not this season but none will hurt him as much as that one. He he
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DavidH wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 pm "Where is the Champions League Final in 2022" - Probably on Zoom!

Great performance today. Sheffield Utd were no pushovers, and had some lively passing movements. Good to see McBurnie and Sharp get nothing from the game. I'm another who fears past players playing against us. The TV commentator said Sharp had scored more goals against us than while playing for us. Rodrigo looked a step up to Roberts, and Koch I'm sure will end up being a giant of our defence. Citey? Which city is that then?
Without seeming cruel, anyone is a step up to Roberts
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:42 pm I'd like to see Shack start ahead of Roberts next game. There's still too much space in CM for my liking and JS has a great engine for box to box. Roberts is a passenger.
Me too SG, Jamie has more pace & energy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:49 pm Tbf, he was never going to say anything else, deluded arse that he is.
They're going to get beat more often than not this season but none will hurt him as much as that one. He he
It's quite entertaining listening to Wilder :lol:
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

gessa wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:49 pm Tbf, he was never going to say anything else, deluded arse that he is.
Gracious in defeat as always Gessa, he’s one of four I just can’t have - Fat Frank, Steve Cooper and Graham Potter being the others.

All good managers though, except for Fat Frank, obviously. :)
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:42 pm Let's not get too Kochy :lol:
:lol: :lol: Yeah, it’ll soon Klich.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:14 pm Gracious in defeat as always Gessa, he’s one of four I just can’t have - Fat Frank, Steve Cooper and Graham Potter being the others.

All good managers though, except for Fat Frank, obviously. :)
The gruesome four Davy :lol:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:07 pm It's quite entertaining listening to Wilder :lol:
Great finish by miss piggy today. Or was it Kermit or animal? :duno:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:22 pm Great finish by miss piggy today. Or was it Kermit or animal? :duno:
:rol: :rol: :rol:
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

:)

BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Post by BobHirst »

What a great performance and result.
Any one who thought that Messi couldn't get down to low shots was proved wrong today. Plus I don't feel the dread I did with Kiko when the high balls are coming in.
Poveda appears to be very confident on the ball and wants to take people on. A couple of times today he probably should have passsed but I do like his confidence. I think Rodrigo gave us some glimpses of what he can bring to the team. Some smart lay offs but some which he and his team mates were not always on the same page with. He will be a class player for us.
Koch looked very steady and no penalties :) .
That new number 9 looked good again today. He did miss a couple but his winning header was very well taken from a great cross from Jack Harrison who had another good performance.
In actual fact all our guys played well. (Maybe Roberts was a bit off).
In truth the game could have gone either way. Both teams missed some chances and both goal keepers made some excellent saves.
I thought the referee was very good. He was fair and didn't buy a lot of the falling over (from both teams). It was funny to see some players fall over and get really annoyed when he didn't give them the free kicks that they normally get.
If we can continue to beat the lower level teams and pick up some points against the top teams I think we'll be OK.
What a great start to this season.