This JKA thing could lead to a transfer ban

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

This JKA thing could lead to a transfer ban

Post by Scoobychief »

Just read somewhere that this JKA thing could lead to a transfer ban for us or i woudn't put it pass them to give us a points deduction. all because apparently we had an obligation to sign JKA permanently if we got promoted to the premier league. the guy was overweight, slow and useless.. so i'm hoping nothing will ever come of it, but if anyone else know any different would love you to put my mind at ease, just got back to the promise land after 16 years, woudn't want to see us robbed of staying there.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: This JKA thing could lead to a transfer ban

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning.

Just read somewhere? On a wall? Clickbait site? Noel Whelans tea leaves?

Overweight slow arent useless reasons to not pay what we agreed though.

For the record I dont think we will get a transfer ban but will end up paying his fee his wages and the lawyers.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If we do we have him back to sit in the reserves, simple.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

You’ve got to feel sorry for the player at the centre of this though, knowing he’s wanted at neither club and no-one paying his wages atm.

The consensus is that Leeds and Leipzig will come to an agreement regarding the fee, but what may become the more contentious issue is who will stump up the wages for his (4 year?) contract?
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

I’m more in the camp of a contract is not a case of “oh, we all knew what the intent was”. It is what is in black and white. If the contract said we had to be promoted by 30 June, well clearly that event did NOT occur.
Same way that Messi’s contract get out expired on a date, and was not extended just because of Covid.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Best get our transfers done this window then
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
richardoz99
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by richardoz99 »

Yes I strongly agree with this. I would pay out the JKA amount before embarking on any more expensive signings. LUFC have a strong enough squad to ensure staying in the PL. This really should be the goal for LUFC in it's first year than concentrating on getting the "perfect" squad. A transfer ban is always on the cards and would be devastating to LUFC in the future.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Historically we do not come out of it well when facing these situations. If he was overweight, and not ready to at least play after some training why did he get past the medical?
Have to agree with Aussie Leeds here...
If the contract said we had to be promoted by 30 June, well clearly that event did NOT occur.
the key being...
Same way that Messi’s contract get out expired on a date, and was not extended just because of Covid.
Whilst I do feel for the players situation, as a professional footballer it is his own responsibility to remain as fit as possible to be able too perform his obligations, injuries aside.

I cannot accept this is the first case of this nature, there must be precedent somewhere. A transfer ban would be totally unfair, and even worse a points deduction would be purely vindictive and vexatious.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:10 pm Historically we do not come out of it well when facing these situations. If he was overweight, and not ready to at least play after some training why did he get past the medical?

Whilst I do feel for the players situation, as a professional footballer it is his own responsibility to remain as fit as possible to be able too perform his obligations, injuries aside.

I cannot accept this is the first case of this nature, there must be precedent somewhere. A transfer ban would be totally unfair, and even worse a points deduction would be purely vindictive and vexatious.

But

JKA passed a medical when he joined us.
He pulled a Hamstring after lockdown
Leeds washed their hands of him.

If you are looking for a precedent check Emiliano Sala.

Edited for poor spelling
Last edited by Irish Ian on Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:10 pm Whilst I do feel for the players situation, as a professional footballer it is his own responsibility to remain as fit as possible to be able too perform his obligations, injuries aside.
I suspect there is a difference between being fit and being Bielsa fit, after all there have been quite a few right porkers gracing the leagues over the years.

In fact, I can think of one stealing a massive wage at Derby as we speak. 8-)
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

If the contract stated we had to be in the Premier League by a particular date then I think we don't have to pay.
If it said promoted to the premier league in the 2019-2020 season then we have to pay up. Then bring him in and try to get him Bielsa fit. He did look like he could play a bit.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Certainly couldnt result in a points deduction - that would be a domestic matter and this is not

Transfer ban - I hear the arguments. Doubt it will come to that. But maybe we cram in a couple more decent signings then chill for a while. Big deal. I'd be more unhappy with Big Kev coming to sit in our reserves.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:43 pm I'd be more unhappy with Big Kev coming to sit in our reserves.
Me too. How big it that bench anyway?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

We don't know what really happened. There was talk of a problem with JKA's attitude, presumably being unwilling to do what Bielsa required of him. If that is the case, then it seems to me the breach of contract is on his part. I can't think of any other employment situation where you could refuse/ fail to do what was asked of you and retain your job.

I'm inclined to believe this scenario because of what we know of Bielsa's character. I can't see Bielsa happily going along with something which he thought was dishonest or dishonourable in principle.

The legal niceties are another matter, but you have to assume that Radz is at least smart enough to have taken proper advice.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Conjecture. Carry on chaps.