The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 25th September) - Udinese find replacement for De Paul

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 25th September) - Udinese find replacement for De Paul

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Good Morning. It's Friday 25th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Udinese find replacement for De Paul

Udinese's resolve may be about to buckle over the proposed transfer of Argentine International midfielder Rodrigo De Paul. The North Eastern Italian outfit have raided Watford, aiming to bring Roberto Pereyra back to the Stadio Friuli. The 29 year old attacking midfielder made 98 appearances between 2011-2014 for Le Zebrette (The Little Zebras).

Both Udinese and Watford are owned by the Pozzo family, so unless Giampaolo and son Gino are on completely different spectrums, a deal seems imminent. Obviously, this would mean that De Paul would be surplus to requirements.

Leeds made a €30m bid for the Argentine International a fortnight ago, but the offer was knocked back. Messrs Orta and co were told there would be no negotiation on their €35million expectation. Now that they have found a replacement for the 26 year old, can a deal to bring De Paul to Elland Road be resurrected?

De Paul, Ryan Kent or Ross Barkley

Which one of the three will Leeds buy? Will Leeds activate Ryan Kents buy out clause with a £20 million offer or wait and see whether the Pozzo family change their mind over the €30m bid the Whites made a fortnight ago for the Argentine International De Paul.

Leeds tried to sign Kent this time last season but were unsuccessful, and the 23 year old signed for the blue side of Glasgow for £7.5m. Has Kent improved three fold in twelve months? Is he worth that money?

What about De Paul? Its fair to say that there are very few other contenders for the 26yo. If Leeds were to be given the green light with their €30 million (£27 million) bid, is that better business than Kent?

Chelsea have said that Ross Barkley is surplus to requirements at Stamford Bridge! You may recall back in the 2012-13 season, Barkley spent the second half of the season at Elland Road. Though for some strange reason Neil Warnock seemed to prefer Michael Brown over the talented youngster. The 26 year old has rarely lived up to his World class potential, but if anyone could unlock that talent, it would be Bielsa. The Blues have set the bar at £30m.

Who is most value and who fits into Bielsa's system the best?

Manchester Utd change tact on Daniel James

Sky Sports News reporter Dharmesh Sheth claims that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may agree to loaning out Daniel James to the Whites if they can sign number one target Jadon Sancho or an alternative attacking player before deadline day. The Sky Sports journalist was quoted as saying;

While Manchester United are struggling to offload players, there does appear to be a concrete interest from Leeds in the winger Daniel James. Would United consider letting James go out on loan? Ordinarily, yes. The problem is that he is currently the first-choice back-up to Mason Greenwood on the right side. So that brings us back to Jadon Sancho, and you wonder if James will be allowed to go out on loan without Sancho or an alternative was brought into the squad. It would appear that he wouldn’t unless they brought in Sancho or a replacement. United fans are getting anxious with 12 days left to get business done.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 25th September) - Udinese find replacement for De Paul

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning.

In this order.

James loan to buy ( but who would trust us)
Barkley
RDP but £30M is tops no add ons
Kent not at that price.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 25th September) - Udinese find replacement for De Paul

Post by Byebyegeegee »

It would seem fitting somehow, if James ended up playing for Leeds after the shenanigans surrounding his attempted signing last time round. But after a very good start at scum he seems to have stalled a bit which makes you wonder whether the Premier League is a step too far for him.

I’ve always liked Barkley, I’ve seen him play some very good games - just not sure he’s consistent enough though.

Don’t know much about Kent or De Paul (never seen either play) but there is definitely a difference in standard between the Scottish league and the Italian league and I think, if I had the choice, I would probably plump for De Paul at £27m tops (or less if we can manage it).
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:38 am Morning.

In this order.

James loan to buy ( but who would trust us)
Barkley
RDP but £30M is tops no add ons
Kent not at that price.
Same order for me, though I would say to the top question...Wolves? Whichever club Meslier came from?
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:53 am It would seem fitting somehow, if James ended up playing for Leeds after the shenanigans surrounding his attempted signing last time round. But after a very good start at scum he seems to have stalled a bit which makes you wonder whether the Premier League is a step too far for him.
Based on Scum's performances I think that question can be levelled at most of their players...or their manager...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not fussed about Barkley & Kent

Would be over the moon if we sign De Paul & James :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Do we have 35M now we've spent 15 on the centre back?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am Based on Scum's performances I think that question can be levelled at most of their players...or their manager...
Yes Moth, you could well be right there 👍🏻
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:54 am Based on Scum's performances I think that question can be levelled at most of their players...or their manager...
You only have to look at the miracles Bielsa has achieved with the likes of Phillips, Dallas & Cooper, in fact the whole first eleven have improved under Marcelo's guidance
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

According to Sky Sports News, Chelsea are only prepared to let Ross Barkley or Ruben Loftus-Cheek go out on loan, not a permanent deal.
Barkley is a good player but he always seems to be carrying a bit of timber to me. Would he up to the demands of Bielsa's fitness regime?

If we get Dan James where does that leave Jack Harrison, assuming he would play on the left? We already have Costa and Poveda for the right wing.

As for RDP, we just need to stand our ground. Udinese will panic if the transfer window gets close to closing and they haven't sold him.
Personally I still think we should consider Benrahma.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

faaip wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:02 am Do we have 35M now we've spent 15 on the centre back?
Didn’t Orta say we had 50mil to spend? So, maybe.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

May help with De Paul that we have just signed 2 Spanish Internationals? Intent. He seems to be the one that has got everyone frothing at the mouth. Are we being held to ransom again tho? It does seem odd. If he is that good why no one else as snapped him up.

Personally neither Kent or Barkley floats my boat. On the odd occasion i have seen Kent interviewed he comes across a bit dismissive of Leeds interest and seems to be happy being a big fish in a small pond. Leave him to it for me.

Not a fan of Barkley. He is the perennial underachiever for me. I was expecting big things when he left Everton for big bucks but for whatever reason he dips in and out of form and that's about the only thing consistent with him. I can see him ending up at West Ham. Anyway he was shite the first time we signed him. :|

I'm not sure who's running the show at United Dharmesh Sheth or Ole? I could have swore Ole said just the other day that James is going nowhere.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB et all

I'm not a massive fan of Kent said start of last season that Wilson was the better footballer, also Kent comes across as a cocky git and can't see that going down well in our dressing room. Plus it looks ok in the Scottish Prem :shock: Ok in a pub league that I could look alright in :lol:

Barkley under achieved massively but there's a quality player in there and Bielsa is probably the one that could bring it out especially with the carrot of England, imagine Leeds supplying the main midfield for England oh and Bambi upfront ;-)

De Paul I so hope we get this over the line it would be a massive transfer and statement
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 am If we get Dan James where does that leave Jack Harrison, assuming he would play on the left? We already have Costa and Poveda for the right wing.
As a back up winger as we haven't got anyone as an alternative to Jack on the left
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:56 am Not fussed about Barkley & Kent

Would be over the moon if we sign De Paul & James :-D
This for me too, although I liked the look of the Bayern lad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:00 am This for me too, although I liked the look of the Bayern lad.
Which Bayern lad Sara?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 am Which Bayern lad Sara?
Sorry, I think I was thinking of Mulinovskiy from Atalanta.

Wasn't there also a 21 yr old at Bayern we'd been linked with though? Maybe I've dreamt it.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Aussieleeds wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:16 am Didn’t Orta say we had 50mil to spend? So, maybe.
Exact conversation said between 35m and 50m
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

This has been Ryan Kent's only opportunity to speak directly to the press, and it was after a performance earlier this month.

This does not sound like someone 100 percent committed to his club

Kent told the Daily Record:
“You don’t get fans like Rangers fans so every time I step out on the pitch it’s an honour to represent them. I’ll continue to give my best for Rangers.
“Where my future takes me, I’m not sure but as long as I’ve got a Rangers shirt on, I’ll give my best.”
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:03 am Which Bayern lad Sara?
Mikael Cuisance - No chance of that happening.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!