The Harrison Dilemma

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

The Harrison Dilemma

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Jack Harrison has exuded class so far this season but unfortunately due to Premier League loan rules he can’t play against City. So what does Bielsa do?

Costa onto the left and Poveda right? Could Rodrigo start wide right? Dallas up into left wing and Alioski or Douglas left back?

Or just unleash full Gjanni on them?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The Harrison Dilemma

Post by Carrick Dave »

Good point Yorkshire - you might need to factor in our new winger Kerk/James/Kent too if any of them can do a job on the left.
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Costa on the left Poveda on the right makes the most sense to me, but wouldn't be surprised if the big man turned to Alioski.
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Unleash Alioski :bear:
Stay alert. Save lives. Don't tear the pants out of it.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

I would guess Costa on the Left and Poveda on the right (as other have above) based on Bielsa’s sub pattern
Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 pm Good point Yorkshire - you might need to factor in our new winger Kerk/James/Kent too if any of them can do a job on the left.
Hearing that the club aren’t going to go for Kerk, and the Kent link seems to have gone a bit quiet.

In any case, hard to see anyone coming in, getting settled and game ready within 5 days.
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

If he plays the way we did today (three at the back with wingers playing deeper) I could see Alioski playing as a LWB and Dallas in midfield. If he plays a flatter back 4 then I'd like to see Poveda and Costa on the wings.

I might throw Rodrigo into the wing discussion but then there's the more pressing Tyler Roberts dilemma.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Boo Radley
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Carrick Dave wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 pm Good point Yorkshire - you might need to factor in our new winger Kerk/James/Kent too if any of them can do a job on the left.
As mentioned by Fridge, Kerk seems to be a non runner. It also appears that James has announced that he wants to stay and fight for his place with Man U - enough about him , and I really hope we don’t go anywhere near to £25M for Kent.

Alioski should at least start, it has the least impact on the overall team set up. Have plan B and C ready in case. Alioski has more than enough to skin Walker.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Love to see Poveda get a start, but it'll be Alioski.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
Scoobychief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Scoobychief »

isnt poveda also another city loanee?.
BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

Scoobychief wrote:isnt poveda also another city loanee?.
Thought we bought him for 1 mil

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 pm isnt poveda also another city loanee?.
No, we bought him.
SaraM
Manager
Manager

Post by SaraM »

Go full Gjanni.
On soft gray mornings widows cry...
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

Any chance Pablo will be back?

If not, I'm fairly sure that Bielsa will turn to Alioski.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:50 pm Jack Harrison has exuded class so far this season but unfortunately due to Premier League loan rules he can’t play against City. So what does Bielsa do?

Costa onto the left and Poveda right? Could Rodrigo start wide right? Dallas up into left wing and Alioski or Douglas left back?

Or just unleash full Gjanni on them?
I do love Poveda, the fitness and pace he brings, he is full of potential and not far from fulfilling that potential...But strategically he needs more time, as he does tend to hold onto the ball at times when he should be passing... I would say let's give Alioski his chance, start him with Poveda to come on should Alioski need it in the last qtr.
Side before self & MOT
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

Poveda looks really good when he is traveling at pace and going forward towards the byline... however if he cuts inside, as he did yesterday then he looks rather lightweight if someone stands him off, and can be easily robbed of the ball. Both him and Alioski are of a similar build and seem not to do well against big physical opponents.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Richard
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I’d like to say Poveda right and Costa left but it annoys me when we start changing too many positions for one absentee.. Poveda would have something to prove though, simplest answer would be don’t try and waste money on Kent and sign Harrison now.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 am Any chance Pablo will be back?

If not, I'm fairly sure that Bielsa will turn to Alioski.

Two weeks Bielsa said last Friday
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:09 am Two weeks Bielsa said last Friday
Thanks, so with the International break, he'll be available for the match after this weekend.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:20 am Thanks, so with the International break, he'll be available for the match after this weekend.
I'm kind of thinking the same on Pablo. After the break. Best case might be a spot on the bench against City.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Given the current squad, i.e. if no new signings are available I can see it being Alioski starting with Poveda coming on for the last 30 minutes. I think Poveda will be used like Jack Clarke was initially and as such will come on as an impact sub to run at tired defenders and as such the defensive side of things won't be as vital.
Senor El Weasel