Todd Cantwell - RUMOUR

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Transfer News Todd Cantwell - RUMOUR

Post by Scoobychief »

its been rumoured that we have been priced out of Rodrigo de paul, and that we are now looking at cantwell.. don't know much about him is he any good??
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Todd Cantwell rumour

Post by 1964white »

The lad with a hairband

Always been impressed with Cantwell when I've seen Norwich on the telly

This move makes sense....

Delia needs the money
Todd strikes me as a Bielsa type of player

Payback for Leeds robbing Norwich of their star players

Not a world class player however a player that could fit in nicely at Leeds

Screenshot 2020-09-28 at 07.26.10.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Fits with the long hairstyles too :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Obviously seen a lot of Cantwell, looks decent and performed well last year in the side that finished bottom. £15m is about the max I would want to see us paying, some Norwich fans think it's upwards of £20m, don't see that. Better attitude than Buendia but I would say Buendia the better player.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 am Obviously seen a lot of Cantwell, looks decent and performed well last year in the side that finished bottom. £15m is about the max I would want to see us paying, some Norwich fans think it's upwards of £20m, don't see that. Better attitude than Buendia but I would say Buendia the better player.
Welcome back Norfolk :tup:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:08 am Welcome back Norfolk :tup:
Bet you've been whizzing through those song polls with out me :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:27 am Obviously seen a lot of Cantwell, looks decent and performed well last year in the side that finished bottom. £15m is about the max I would want to see us paying, some Norwich fans think it's upwards of £20m, don't see that. Better attitude than Buendia but I would say Buendia the better player.
Only saw them a couple of times but thought he just strutted around a lot, Buendia does look much better in the limited game time i saw.
hector

Post by hector »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:08 am Bet you've been whizzing through those song polls with out me :lol:
BB is still here :shock:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Todd Cantwell - RUMOUR

Post by rrfierce »

based on his tik tok videos. I'm out. looks like a right muppet
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

If you are going for a Norwich player not named Buendia you are getting the wrong player imo.

That being said i quite like Cantwell and would take him for the right price.

Farke threw the kid under the bus, can you imagine MB ever speaking like this about one of his players.

“The same with Todd Cantwell, I love this player, I have supported this player perhaps like no other in this club but the truth is also that his last goal in a league game is pretty long ago and his last assist was exactly 40 games ago, against Newcastle in August 2019"

“With all respect, with these statistics, let’s be honest I could have played Grant Hanley or Christoph Zimmermann up front and they wouldn’t assist less situations.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/bou ... -1-6858121

With all due respect to Farke, you cant speak like that about your players if your not one of the elite imo.

You end up looking a right tit.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Cjay wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:51 pm If you are going for a Norwich player not named Buendia you are getting the wrong player imo.

That being said i quite like Cantwell and would take him for the right price.

Farke threw the kid under the bus, can you imagine MB ever speaking like this about one of his players.

“The same with Todd Cantwell, I love this player, I have supported this player perhaps like no other in this club but the truth is also that his last goal in a league game is pretty long ago and his last assist was exactly 40 games ago, against Newcastle in August 2019"

“With all respect, with these statistics, let’s be honest I could have played Grant Hanley or Christoph Zimmermann up front and they wouldn’t assist less situations.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/bou ... -1-6858121

With all due respect to Farke, you cant speak like that about your players if your not one of the elite imo.

You end up looking a right tit.
I read what Farke had said earlier and I couldn’t believe it! He publicly thrashed a key young player in his squad. :shock:

There must be more going on with Farke for him to do that. Pressure building, or else just fed up - some change afoot perhaps.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Didn't like the way he was crying about having to play before the restart and then was shocking afterwards, not the kind of player who would be up for a fight it seems. Never convinced by signing relegated players, especially as one in a team as bad as Norwich were. Standing out in a poor team, doesn't make them a good player.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Boo Radley wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:53 pm I read what Farke had said earlier and I couldn’t believe it! He publicly thrashed a key young player in his squad. :shock:

There must be more going on with Farke for him to do that. Pressure building, or else just fed up - some change afoot perhaps.
I guess the news about crowds means Championship clubs are going to struggle badly and they're trying to get rid of him.