Michaël Cuisance - DEAL OFF?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Michaël Cuisance - DEAL OFF?

Post by Cjay »

Whether it was medical, payments, buy back, we need to move on quickly.

We need another creative option as MB himself said today, without Pablo we have much less.

This needs to be fixed.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Fridge wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 pm You raise a good point Faaip.

He only turned 21 last month so perhaps was one for the longer term. Was most likely being bought with that enganche role in mind, would rather see him playing there than Roberts.

Worrying about having too much quality on the bench rather than not enough would be a nice problem to have :) having competition for places only raises the bar
Except it seems he wanted to start, I'm not even sure where Llaurent fits atm, Rodrigo at least looks to be a 10, though a different type to both Tyler and Pablo. I don't see Paddy getting dropped anytime soon, would have to see us go into freefall I'd imagine. Ditto Klich and Kalvin
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

We could have a very expensive bench very soon..
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:53 pm Whether it was medical, payments, buy back, we need to move on quickly.

We need another creative option as MB himself said today, without Pablo we have much less.

This needs to be fixed.
Assuming Bamford starts where do we play 27 million pounds of talent if we go and buy a creative mid for 20 mil plus?
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Having processed this whole thing for a couple of hours now ...maybe the insistence of a buy back clause which was agreed to for a high price (50/60 mill) set alarm bells ringing, and they were extra scrupulous with the medical ?

Just a thought
Side before self & MOT
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Not sure why a high BBP would make us suspicious, surely the higher the better in our case. Now a low BBP would send up warning signals
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:03 pm Assuming Bamford starts where do we play 27 million pounds of talent if we go and buy a creative mid for 20 mil plus?
Wherever MB wants?

Bielsa has mentioned our lack of creativity a few times, he clearly wants this exta cm/10 player?

Personally ive wanted a proper 10 since Saiz left.

Imo Rodders will displace Paddy eventually (Bielsa said publicly he tried to buy Rodders before so he is a fan).

And Pablo will rarely be fit so thats where De Paul or whoever can play.
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Everyone seems to be saying it's the medical. I don't believe that Bayern would have stalled the deal over the buy back deal.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:06 pm Having processed this whole thing for a couple of hours now ...maybe the insistence of a buy back clause which was agreed to for a high price (50/60 mill) set alarm bells ringing, and they were extra scrupulous with the medical ?

Just a thought
Could be both a medical issue and a fee one.

We find something on the medical and go back to Bayern wanting to renegotiate the fee or the timing of the payments?

Romano seems to think it is a fee/ buy back issue, Hay thinks medical.

Clearly the 2 clubs saying different things but could easily be both right.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:03 pm Assuming Bamford starts where do we play 27 million pounds of talent if we go and buy a creative mid for 20 mil plus?
I agree with the sentiment but not every talented player needs a guaranteed starting place.

We only have to think back to the injury crisis we had in 18/19 to remind us that quality in depth is essential.

The quality of opposition in the PL is such that the players coming off the bench need to be able to compete. Roberts or Poveda coming off the bench for 30 mins against QPR is all well and good but when Chelsea are in town and we need to fight to grind out a result...
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm Romano seems to think it is a fee/ buy back issue, Hay thinks medical.

Happy we got out of this one if either case is true.

Either the player was carrying an injury or Bayern tried to make some changes last minute to swindle us.

(Or we tried to make the changes, but it seems that the demands were coming from Bayern’s camp)
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Fridge wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:13 pm
We only have to think back to the injury crisis we had in 18/19 to remind us that quality in depth is essential.

The quality of opposition in the PL is such that the players coming off the bench need to be able to compete.
Comes back to what our objective really is. We all believed it was about staying up. We'll do that comfortably. Even if an injury crisis sees Poveda, Strujik and Shackleton in the first team. With Koch, Rodrigo, Llorente (and Cusiance) you have to think we're aiming for the top half and Euro qualification within 2 years.
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:16 pm Comes back to what our objective really is. We all believed it was about staying up. We'll do that comfortably. Even if an injury crisis sees Poveda, Strujik and Shackleton in the first team. With Koch, Rodrigo, Llorente (and Cusiance) you have to think we're aiming for the top half and Euro qualification within 2 years.
Absolutely, I think at a push the likes of Struijk or Shackleton could step in and are good enough to keep us up.

You’ve hit the nail on the head. The club have said their ambition is to build towards the top half of the table and they’ve put their money where their mouth is.

What Radrizzani and Orta have done at this club has me pinching myself.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:08 pm Not sure why a high BBP would make us suspicious, surely the higher the better in our case. Now a low BBP would send up warning signals
Agree to the higher BBC so it didn't set of alarm bells ... you know how slippery them boxheads can be ... :lol:
Side before self & MOT
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Fridge wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:13 pm I agree with the sentiment but not every talented player needs a guaranteed starting place.

The quality of opposition in the PL is such that the players coming off the bench need to be able to compete. Roberts or Poveda coming off the bench for 30 mins against QPR is all well and good but when Chelsea are in town and we need to fight to grind out a result...
All very true but we were never going to solve all our problems in one transfer window. We've already proven the signings we've already made have made us strong enough to beat our nearest competitors. Grinding out a result against Chelsea - just like we almost did against the best team in the league - is more than possible already.

It feels like a big blow precisely because we've already achieved so much, and Cuisance would've made a great transfer window perfect. But let's not let the collapsed deal ruin our perspective. We certainly don't need any more squad depth than we did for a longer season in a more physical league. Quality, not numbers, is our priority. That takes more time than our first window after promotion.
Lumiukko
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Wow, just got caught up on this. What a disappointment! Right thing to do if there was a medical failure (must've been a major problem?) or Bayern trying to Swindle us (a European Cup final not enough for you twunts uh?). The rumour of a failed medical and a low BBC would definitely raise a flag.

Doesn't seem like Orta's fault, so no blame attached there. Not exactly enthused about Cantwell as a backup signing. RDP is a no go on fee, and likely on principle after the smokescreen comments.

Either way out of all this, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

MICHAEL CUISANCE MOVE FROM BAYERN MUNICH TO LEEDS HAS COLLAPSED AFTER MIDFIELDER FAILED MEDICAL. DEAL AGREED BETWEEN #FCBAYERN / #LUFC + 21YO ARRIVED ON WEDS TO COMPLETE TRANSFER. BUT TESTS SHOWED INJURY PROBLEMS & FRANCE YOUTH INTERNATIONAL FLYING BACK TONIGHT @THEATHLETICUK HTTPS://T.CO/TBZ4KAPXHU

— DAVID ORNSTEIN (@DAVID_ORNSTEIN) OCTOBER 1, 2020
Side before self & MOT
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

This is how I imagine Bielsa waving away Cuisance’s jet back to Munich
Last edited by Fridge on Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

Cjay wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:12 pm Could be both a medical issue and a fee one.

We find something on the medical and go back to Bayern wanting to renegotiate the fee or the timing of the payments?

Romano seems to think it is a fee/ buy back issue, Hay thinks medical.

When I heard this, my thoughts were exactly the same as Cjay. If we saw an issue and we went back to renegotiate.

Medicals and Leeds go back aways, Asa Hartford anyone ?
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:34 pm Athletic are saying that, some others are suggesting otherwise. I'm just laughing at the 'injury prone' jibes that are coming out.

The guy has missed 10 games in 5 seasons due to injury 😂
Medicals don't just pick up problems in the present - they sniff out serious problems in the future. And no one medical team is equal to another. Ours was renowned for their skill even when we were midtable Championship while Bayern's is run by a tinpot dictator who clashes with their top brass because he's been there so long that he won't be questioned or second-guessed.

Then you have to take into account training methods. I don't believe for one second that the fitness requirements of Munich are even close to the demands of Bielsaball and the medical staff will certainly account for that. What wouldn't be a problem for Bayern may be a huge red flag for us because of that.

I may well be talking out of my bottom and this may all just be inter-club politics, but the reason I personally used the words injury prone isn't necessarily because Cuisance is injury prone now, but rather because there there could be something that will cause him to become so if he trained using our methods, or played at our intensity for long periods of time.

See, this is what happens when you watch that Amazon doc repeatedly while at work.. :?