The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th September) - Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th September) - Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Tuesday 29th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

James heads the wanted list

It has been revealed that Leeds next top target is Manchester Utd winger Daniel James, but the deal will only go through if the Red side of Manchester can land Borussia Dortmund's Jadon Sancho. If the deal cannot be constructed, Leeds will activate Ryan Kent's £20m activation fee. Country to media reports, both players would be keen to join the Whites.

Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

Robert Lewandowski 'leveled' Leeds target Michael Cuisance with a tackle in training, leaving the 21-year-old down for the count. Upon gathering himself, Cuisance allegedly made a move toward Lewandowski, unaware of the Pole's kickboxing background. No punches or kicks were thrown, but the two were separated whilst Cuisance “wildly gesticulated at the Pole. Bayern Manager Hansi Flick was keen to get between the two to calm the situation down.

Cuisance has already let it be known that he wants to leave Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in search of more regular first-team opportunities. Leeds have agreed personal terms with the 21-year-old French youth international, but are still negotiating a fee with the German giants.

Leeds chasing talented left back

According to David Ornstein of The Athletic, Leeds are among a number of clubs interested in taking Ryan Sessegnon on loan from Spurs. The 20-year-old's opportunities have been limited since his 25m move last from Fulham last Summer where he made 106 appearances, netting 22 times.

He has also been capped 14 times for England U21's. Sessegnon can either play at left-back or further forward on the wing. Leeds, Southampton, Ajax and Brighton are also interested in the young wing back. Tottenham will be looking for a loan fee and the player’s wages paid in full.

mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th September) Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski.

Post by mothbanquet »

Interesting developments if true.

If James is Bielsa's top target then that's all I need to hear. Much rather him than Kent, though I've no doubt the big man will turn either into world-beaters.

Not going to judge Cuisance's attitude just yet. I find it highly doubtful Bielsa will want someone who won't play ball, no pun intended, and Cuisance wouldn't be the first one to clash with what has always seemed to be a highly clique-y club like Bayern. I'll judge him for myself when and if we see him at Leeds.

Sessegnon would be a huge amount of quality but I'm not confident we're there financially yet. He's bound to be on high wages and Dallas won't be dislodged any time soon in his current form. Maybe one to wait till next season, if we survive and have a lot more cash behind us, and no doubt Sessegnon himself would be keener to join if he still hasn't had much in the way of first team action by then.
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th September) - Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I’m sure Bielsa wouldn’t mind the kind of attitude shown by Cuisance to Lewandovski, it shows a bit of feistyness and a desire not to be pushed around which is what you would need in the Premier League (well any level of football actually). It’s the Prima Donna kind of attitude that would go down well with Bielsa, the thinking you are better than you are and you don’t need to work as hard kind of attitude, as maybe was the case with JKA.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Tuesday 29th September) - Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

Post by Carrick Dave »

By all accounts, Lewandowski emptied Cuisance in training and then blanked him, after hearing he was linked with a move away - if so, it’s not Cuisance with the attitude problem.

The only loan I’d like to see would be one with an option to buy, and I can’t see that happening with Sessegnon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks.

20M for Kent is just silly.

I'd be happy with a loan to buy option on James though.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

Carrick Dave wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:20 am By all accounts, Lewandowski emptied Cuisance in training and then blanked him, after hearing he was linked with a move away - if so, it’s not Cuisance with the attitude problem.
Heard some horror stories coming out of Bayern via a German friend who used to work at the Allianz. Very 'German' mentality there, if that makes sense - if you don't toe the party line or differ from the 'club spirit' then you're given a very tough time. It's also typical of such institutions to have strongmen to enforce the point.

Hearsay, I admit but it's enough to make me wait and see with Cuisance, and not to judge him too rashly based on one side of the story.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The list of potential signings grows longer & longer as each day passes
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Love it that Cuisance isn't intimidated.

Reminds me of the time in a practice when Steve Kerr punched Michael Jordan in the mouth.

I very much hope this move happens.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Reports that personal terms have been agreed and the two club have agreed terms so just gotta get through a medical and find that pen , Michael Cuisance that is not me :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

Ratscoot wrote:Reports that personal terms have been agreed and the two club have agreed terms so just gotta get through a medical and find that pen , Michael Cuisance that is not me Image
You built our hopes up for a split second there rats

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

BGwhite wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:25 pm You built our hopes up for a split second there rats

Thanks but I think my chances went a very long time ago :lol: :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by BGwhite »

Ratscoot wrote: Thanks but I think my chances went a very long time ago Image Image Image
Drat !!! Image

faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

The premiership are responsible for 99% of player buys among the European elite..
Last edited by faaip on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by billysboots »

faaip wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 pm The premiership are responsible for 99% of player buys amount the European elite..
Players must be wondering why they had to take a pay cut?
There Is Only One United.
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

That should have been among not amount..not sure what happened there
This is Tinker and my name is er...Spengford Bloke, some kind of robber or ne'er do well
Lumiukko
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lumiukko »

My opinion has shifted a bit since yesterday on Cuisance. Seems he might have the right kind of bottle for the Premier League and to play at Leeds, where camaraderie is high and not cliquey, like Bayern appears to be. Would still love RDP but I think that ship has sailed, so getting Cuisance and James for as much as we'd like to pay for RDP seems good business to me. James clearly wanted to come to Leeds before and it wasn't his fault he didn't end up here. I think he will prosper at Leeds and re-boot his career after the damage done at scum.

As for Sessegnon, agree with others, great bit of business if we can get a loan to buy, but a loan only doesn't interest me. No news on an experienced backup keeper then yet? Would love to see Romero come in.
andrewjohnsmith
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:05 am
Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski

Robert Lewandowski 'leveled' Leeds target Michael Cuisance with a tackle in training, leaving the 21-year-old down for the count. Upon gathering himself, Cuisance allegedly made a move toward Lewandowski, unaware of the Pole's kickboxing background. No punches or kicks were thrown, but the two were separated whilst Cuisance “wildly gesticulated at the Pole. Bayern Manager Hansi Flick was keen to get between the two to calm the situation down.

Cuisance has already let it be known that he wants to leave Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich in search of more regular first-team opportunities. Leeds have agreed personal terms with the 21-year-old French youth international, but are still negotiating a fee with the German giants.
Not got a problem with this. He's already on his way out and probably just wants the deal sealed and done
We've been through it all together. And we've had our ups and downs
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Ellandback1 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:05 am Leeds target involved in training bust up with Lewandowski
Into ‘im Michael
No Patrick Bamford blasphemy allowed