Chris Wilder

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Leedsgashead
Ballboy
Ballboy

Chris Wilder

Post by Leedsgashead »

I don't know what it is but i just can't take to him , i got on board with their story a little bit when they started their run in the Championship, local supporter and signing discarded British players ect

But every time i see him interviewed he just turns me right off, even the way he calls the journalist by their first name, he comes over as a lower league Manager who can't believe his luck but is trying too hard to look like he belongs

John Egan scores a winning goal- 'well he should have scored 10'

Dean Henderson makes one error after a near flawless previous season 'That's crap and he needs to get himself together'

f**k off and just enjoy your 15 minutes
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: Chris Wilder

Post by Ratscoot »

Hi LGH

Agree, I did get taken in with their spirited journey last season but his true colours are showing now that they are struggling, it's everyone else's fault but his and boy has he got several chips about Leeds been the biggest club in Yorkshire.

A very lucky Championship manager who somehow got into the Prem but he's a one trick pony, whose been found out and will end up going from club to club like Colin
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

don't get the hate on here for him, done an outstanding job at sheffield, his players clearly love him
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm Hi LGH

Agree, I did get taken in with their spirited journey last season but his true colours are showing now that they are struggling, it's everyone else's fault but his and boy has he got several chips about Leeds been the biggest club in Yorkshire.

A very lucky Championship manager who somehow got into the Prem but he's a one trick pony, whose been found out and will end up going from club to club like Colin
don't really get this post sorry. promoted from lg 1 to championship then to prem and then 9th in the prem is a lot of luck...! also warnock wasn't great here but he was/is undoubtedly a v good manager, had a lot of success - maybe not moved with the times enough at all but still a v good manager
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Chris Wilder - tit
Leedsgashead
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Leedsgashead »

Ratscoot wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm Hi LGH

I've actually been over to the Blades forum to see if this has ever been brought up because i assume he is God like for them but i was actually surprised that he annoys a few of them as well

Was mentioned a few times that the number two is the real brains behind the operation and he's more the mouth
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Not doubting his ability but has definitely come across as bitter and spiteful when emotion's got the better of him. The polar opposite of our humble elder statesman.

In Bielsa we have an example of a great man as well as a manager. I don't respect Wilder as a man regardless of his managerial ability.
Leedsgashead
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Leedsgashead »

It's his personality i was mainly referring to

These spiteful no nonsense types will go so far but the players will no stand for it when they start getting smashed

You can have freak season's where everyone is buzzing like the Leicester season but it's only on loan eventually reality hits and you go back to your true level

His true level is Champ/League1 and he's been on a great ride but i wish he would acknowledge how fortunate they have been and enjoy himself a bit more than carry on with the charade that he is one of the most exciting new English coaches

He talks about his players and team as if they Should be getting top six when it's Chris Basham and John Egan ffs give them a break
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Fridge wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:37 pm Chris Wilder - tit
Ditto , done well and overachieved with a decent sized club . Suppose as I am not Yorkshire myself ....and despite name and location etc, I'm a Brummie by origin , so not quite into Yorkshire rivalry as many . In fact if I want a club to suffer and struggle it's Villa . Wilder to me he done very well , much better than you could have imagined . Rather have Bielsa though :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:46 pm Not doubting his ability but has definitely come across as bitter and spiteful when emotion's got the better of him. The polar opposite of our humble elder statesman.

In Bielsa we have an example of a great man as well as a manager. I don't respect Wilder as a man regardless of his managerial ability.
Completely agree and that is the main point. He has done an amazing job (or him and his no2 perhaps) but he has no grace at all. Remonds me of Kevin Blackwell who took all the plaudits for himself when we won but blamed everyone and everything when we lost so often he became known as Kevin Blamewell.

He comes accross as someone with small man syndrome. Sly and sneaky comes to mind and I bet he'd be nice as pie to your face then slag you off behind your back.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

weasel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:28 pm Completely agree and that is the main point. He has done an amazing job (or him and his no2 perhaps) but he has no grace at all. Remonds me of Kevin Blackwell who took all the plaudits for himself when we won but blamed everyone and everything when we lost so often he became known as Kevin Blamewell.

He comes accross as someone with small man syndrome. Sly and sneaky comes to mind and I bet he'd be nice as pie to your face then slag you off behind your back.
100% pal, couldn't have put it better. :clap:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

He was just bitter at losing. He's got a long way to go to match Mourinho and his tantrums. I was surprised to read that a few Sheff U fans are already looking beyond him. That's modern day loyalty for ya.
Leedsgashead
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Leedsgashead »

weasel wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:28 pm Completely agree and that is the main point. He has done an amazing job (or him and his no2 perhaps) but he has no grace at all. Remonds me of Kevin Blackwell who took all the plaudits for himself when we won but blamed everyone and everything when we lost so often he became known as Kevin Blamewell.

Nail on the head

He has small man syndrome compiled with league 1 syndrome
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Wilder is a big head , and he only listens to his opinion, he thinks he is god, but it's actually dog....he sees things backwards, he thought SU were the better team , we all know different...
Frankel90
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Frankel90 »

I've personally always thought he goes out of his way to be the 'relatable manager' or 'one for the working class' etc. Wouldn't surprise me if he had someone in his ear encouraging it.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

[quote=Leedsgashead post_id=814453 time=1601386948 user_id=706
Was mentioned a few times that the number two is the real brains behind the operation and he's more the mouth
[/quote]

Remind you off anyone?... Clough/Taylor...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:23 pm [quote=Leedsgashead post_id=814453 time=1601386948 user_id=706
Velotrax..
Wilder is a big head , and he only listens to his opinion, he thinks he is god, but it's actually dog....he sees things backwards, he thought SU were the better team , we all know different...
Remind you off anyone?... Clough/Taylor...
[/quote]
hector

Post by hector »

More of Wise/Poyet
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:33 pm More of Wise/Poyet
Them too
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mothbanquet wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:39 pm 100% pal, couldn't have put it better. :clap:
Me neither. :tup: