Our most important player...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Re: Our most important player...

Post by Haighy »

EVERY player is important at ER.

Off course MB should take a lot of credit. The guys a genius. But the op does say "player"..
They all are .... 😉👍
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Most of the players, when missing it’s been a straight swap. Dallas injured Douglas comes in, Pablo out and in steps Tyler. When Phillips was out we moved White forward, Ayling stepped into the middle Dallas swapped sides and in stepped Douglas/Alioski, we lost balance and never looked as good. Only at the end when Struijk covered it did it go okay.

I think Phillips is the most difficult position to get right but I agree with the rest, it’s a team effort with all the little cogs making the big wheel turn
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Could not disagree with your take on the team Richard .
Phillip's does prove to be a real important player at this club.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Fridge wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:33 am Welcome to MOT Lumiukko :wave:
Thank you Fridge! Happy to be here!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

At a push, I'd say Phillips with Klich pushing him close but, as others have said, it's about the collective. The synergy that our mad scientist Bielsa has created from what was (and I stress was) an average group of players is nothing short of remarkable. These players are no longer average, which is partly why we are seeing the calibre of player coming to the club this summer being way above average. They know MB will make them even better.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:08 am At a push, I'd say Phillips with Klich pushing him close but, as others have said, it's about the collective. The synergy that our mad scientist Bielsa has created from what was (and I stress was) an average group of players is nothing short of remarkable. These players are no longer average, which is partly why we are seeing the calibre of player coming to the club this summer being way above average. They know MB will make them even better.
Can do nothing but agree with your post mate, it is the make up of the team that is making them all stand out now. I would add that Kalvin Phillips inclusion into the England squad also show's that what Bielsa adds to all the players strengths right now is deployable, pretty sure kalvin will get another call this week... Also as you point out, many now are wanting to get aboard ...
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Last season - Pablo

This season - I'm going to go against the flow here and say Bamford.
hector

Post by hector »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 am Last season - Pablo

This season - I'm going to go against the flow here and say Bamford.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

bit too much rum bum and baccy??

:) :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I've always thought that the spine of a team is so important, every one of these elements of a team needs to function effectively, something I often mentioned in our championship/league one years.

So we are looking at the keeper, centre backs, centre-midfield & striker. If any of these cogs are weak then your team has a problem
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

hector wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 am :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wish!

Nope, his figures and performances speak for themselves so far. He's been no less an essential part of the machine than Klich, Dallas or Phillips thus far and more than that, he's done it with the collective doubt of whether he can hack it placed oppressively upon his shoulders. That counts for a lot in my books.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:33 am :shock: :shock: :shock:

Open your my eyes my dear Hector

Bamford has been a revelation in our opening games
hector

Post by hector »

flash in the pan mate......

you read it here first :mrgreen:

not to knock the tremendous effort he has put in this season though, so credit where it is due...
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Maybe so Hector, time will tell. But since we're looking at the here and now, I'm giving Paddy his dues. I reckon he's earned them.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:18 am This season - I'm going to go against the flow here and say Bamford.
I think Rodrigo could supercede Bamford within a few weeks, once he's got all the drills down.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I still think Bamford is getting unfair comments, and some are waiting for him to fail... IMO he will still be the #1 #9 at the end of the season (free from injury of course), the prem is made for him, he is coming into his prime...is he our most important player, our team set up and style of play makes that arguably a very difficult question to answer as the team is the sum of it's parts and all 11(chosen on a given week) combined make it work. :)