Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Raphas valuation

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am Selling our best players is a recipe for disaster, we should be building a team around our main stars.

If we do have to sell Raphinha & Kalvin, how do we replace them, even if we remain in the PL?

Someone mentioned last week that Phillips would be more difficult to replace than Raphinha as there are not that many decent DM's around unless you are prepared to spend an absolute fortune.
Agreed , would pointless selling KP to replace him with Rice.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am Selling our best players is a recipe for disaster, we should be building a team around our main stars.

If we do have to sell Raphinha & Kalvin, how do we replace them, even if we remain in the PL?

Someone mentioned last week that Phillips would be more difficult to replace than Raphinha as there are not that many decent DM's around unless you are prepared to spend an absolute fortune.
Agreed , would pointless selling KP to replace him with Rice.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Bongo1874 wrote: Grealish played 185 games for villa scoring 29 goals during this period, 9years.

Raph has played 37 games scoring 9 goals, he's well on his way too smashing Grealish record Image.

Very good player Raph rate him highly.
Would've had double the amount of assists if the others knew where to put the ball ! Grealish couldn't lace Raphas boots !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

danhirons wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:59 pm You're comparing stats from one season of raph in his prime compared with the whole of grealish's career including when he was a teenager coming into the side?

Grealish had better stats than raph last year despite playing fewer games. I'd also say he's more of a playmaker

Would say city overpaid for him anyway, plus he's English and English players always go for a premium
Raph is the better player out of him and Grealish, there's no way Grealish would be able to work in a side managed by Marcelo, Raph very much puts the team before himself, and has still managed to score goals and assist.

He's also done it in a team, that is predominantly filled with championship level players, who Marcelo has managed to get there game to levels that are virtually impossible for any other manager to achieve, last thing i will say about Grealish, he is a great player i wouldn't take that away from him, but you really have to ask yourself? If he is as good as touted when Southgate regularly benches him for England, coming from a scot, I don't think Southgate is a good manager mind you too negative, but is him not playing for England down to his ability or maybe his attitude and work ethic ?

Raph is every bit the player Grealish is, if you're club want to progress and be the club it should be, in a Newcastle fan eyes 👍 i want to see the likes of Newcastle and Leeds challenging the top 6 and keeping players like Raph, Meslier, Phillips, Bamford, Diego etc will be key if you want to challenge and expand you're stadium, it's all right rads and people at the club saying they want to expand etc, but you need the players On the pitch to regularly sell out 55k/60k when you expand, I know how loyal a fanbase Leeds as a club have, but they must get these decisions right, you are definitely a bigger club than villa, yet they got £100 mil for Grealish why can't Leeds get more or the same for Raph?

You only sell players if the deal is too good to turn down and if you can replace them, replacing the likes of Raph, Phillips, Meslier won't be easy!

I don't agree with every part of the takeover at Newcastle etc, but at the same time you could say that about many owners at Premier league clubs.

One thing I am glad about my club Newcastle is that we won't be selling key assets unless the money is right, Saint max won't be going anywhere Wilson, almiron these players now have a base to stay at a club that wants to be ambitious, under Ashley we never ever had that.

That's what radz and the 49ers have to do to make sure you're club gets what it deserves, challenging the top 6 😉.

No need to sell invest and improve on what you have got, you deserve it as a fanbase 👍.

And if they people backing you really care about the club and want it to achieve things, they will back Marcelo and Orta and let them do there magic.

Hope you get a result against wolves at home all the best 👍.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thanks Bongo :tup:
1964white

Re: Raphinha - Deco speaks 14/10/21

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2021-10-20 18.47.20.png
Screenshot 2021-10-20 18.47.20.png (461.11 KiB) Viewed 953 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Raphinha

Post by Cjay »

Have to say i am really worried about Raph.

Anyone who read his interview a while back will know he is tough, a street footballer who basically said unless it was broken you played on.

Fernandinho had to almost cripple him and make Raph actually having his leg amputated a possibility to keep him out before.

I think he is seriously hurt :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:28 pm Have to say i am really worried about Raph.

Anyone who read his interview a while back will know he is tough, a street footballer who basically said unless it was broken you played on.

Fernandinho had to almost cripple him and make Raph actually having his leg amputated a possibility to keep him out before.

Left on crutches
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

He's gonna get singled out for treatment by the opposition, surprised it's not happening regularly. We should have enough to see off Norwich without him and hope he's back for Leicester.

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:32 pm Left on crutches
Did he?

Not surprised, id be amazed if he isnt out for a few matches at least.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Raph has seemingly hit out at the Premier League with a sarcastic "the best referees are in the Premier league" post on social media.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

A red card all day

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:35 pm He's gonna get singled out for treatment by the opposition, surprised it's not happening regularly. We should have enough to see off Norwich without him and hope he's back for Leicester.

Yep, the opposition know kicking Raph and injuring him is their best way to stop us. What are the FA doing about it though? :duno: :shhh: :rant: :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:28 pm Have to say i am really worried about Raph.

Can see him wanting out of the Prem and going to La Liga or something, where he'll be protected. Don't blame him tbh.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:33 pm Can see him wanting out of the Prem and going to La Liga or something, where he'll be protected. Don't blame him tbh.

No matter what happens to him someone works it into scenario involving him leaving.

:roll:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Relief & breathe

Screenshot 2021-10-23 20.52.46.png
Screenshot 2021-10-23 20.52.46.png (207.8 KiB) Viewed 788 times
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Didn't poor pascal get a straight red for a tackle less sever than that, oh , I forget, trampy klopp invaded the pitch waving an imaginary card at the pisspoor ref, Bielsa just took it in his stride.
Roberts ought to have mad more of the high lunge on him, wer'e clueless at the dark arts of conning/cheating, way too honest for our own good.
Rapha gets no protection whatsoever, why don't the powers that be look at these incidents a day later like they do in rugby and take action then ?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Ok Struijk got red carded for a tackle (but it was for the injury), Raph gets injured today.. he has to hop off the field of play cos the ref tells him to... he reappears with crutches and an air boot... so why no red card for saiss or at least a retrospective? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:54 pm Relief & breathe

Screenshot 2021-10-23 20.52.46.png
Hopefully means weeks rather than months.

However I bet he misses 2 or 3 games at least
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

I'm surprised there's not more of a reaction to the challenge...wonder will MOTD pick up on it. I've only seen it on a small phone screen but looked like a real ankle breaker.