Raphinha

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Raphinha

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:36 pm Amazing season by Raph.

Top man :clap:

Going to be fending off approaches for him all summer. But if we want to kick on we need to keep hold of him!
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

agree with comment above if we want to continue and progress we must do everything in our power to keep Raph.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Was like watching the master and his apprentice yesterday. Thanks Pablo for memories and nutmegs, but Raph will continue on your legacy now.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Raphinha played very well and was a constant threat yesterday. He also defended really well which is what Bielsa will love to see too.

However, he got no joy in taking on his man, I think it was Townsend, in one on ones yesterday. He was stopped dead every time. As he is viewed by all opposition as such a threat they will work to stop him ripping a hole on the right. West Brom did it yesterday. He will face tighter marking next season. Hopefully with new signings our threat will widen, but he will also have keep improving. He’s young and gifted but he has lots of work ahead of him if he’s to keep beating his man and opening the game for us, as he did this season.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

And today I'm making people happy with my football. I am not only talking about the other clubs, but also Leeds, who was the one who bet on me.

“They are all very happy, including the fans who seem to have a great affection for me.

I have a contract for another four years and I don't even think about leaving here for exactly this reason: I am happy and making others happy.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... s-20682101

Part of a bigger interview, talked about the interest from other clubs as well as his Friendship with the Brazilian/Portuguese contingent in England, Firmino, Telles, Fernandes, Allison etc.

Its great to hear him say he is happy (although he is unlikely to say anything else).

But i still feel signing someone like Matheus Pereira would make Raph even more happy.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:49 pm And today I'm making people happy with my football. I am not only talking about the other clubs, but also Leeds, who was the one who bet on me.

“They are all very happy, including the fans who seem to have a great affection for me.

I have a contract for another four years and I don't even think about leaving here for exactly this reason: I am happy and making others happy.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... s-20682101

Part of a bigger interview, talked about the interest from other clubs as well as his Friendship with the Brazilian/Portuguese contingent in England, Firmino, Telles, Fernandes, Allison etc.

Its great to hear him say he is happy (although he is unlikely to say anything else).

But i still feel signing someone like Matheus Pereira would make Raph even more happy.
I've already put three non-Leeds fans right this week that Raphinha is going nowhere for the very reasons above.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

He gave up Champions League football to come here. Judging by his past interviews he's a dedicated student of his profession who wants to learn absolutely everything he can under one of the greatest teachers in the game. He's been sold on the vision of Leeds and is confident he'll be seeing European football very soon, and this season's results will only have cemented that view.

There's also the fact that he's better off being a superstar in a team rising to new heights than a bit part player in a team already there.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

So refreshing to hear a player of his calibre speak in such a way, as opposed to "wanting to win cups"...which will come
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What's he doing giving a interview in the Liverpool echo? Am i putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with £80m? :angel:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

He comes accross as a decent guy, team player etc. Interesting that he seems to have built up good friendships with the likes of Bamford and Dallas not just the players that speak the same language such as Llorente, Rodrigo, Kiko etc.

If he continues to develop and the team starts going backwards then could see him wanting to move but for now would have thought regular football and being in the limelight would be enough to keep him happy.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Speaking to UOL Esporte, he said: “When I arrived in Leeds, Bielsa came to welcome me. He said he was willing to help me evolve, to speed up my adaptation to the club, so that I could show my best football. Whenever I wanted I could knock on his door.”

He is definitely staying, never been more confident.

Yay
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds1000 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:12 pm What's he doing giving a interview in the Liverpool echo? Am i putting 2 & 2 together and coming up with £80m? :angel:
They are just quoting the interview with a Brazilian media source.

Nothing to worry about :)

Raph loves us.
Signed

King Cjay

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Who da man.

That's right.

How many more assists should he have had. Pleeeeennnnttyy. Come on team mates get with the program. ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:14 am Who da man.

That's right.

How many more assists should he have had. Pleeeeennnnttyy. Come on team mates get with the program. ;-)
Love Raph :love:

I counted 13 that were imo big chances, put it this way, Raph scores the majority of those 13.

3 for Harrison
3 for Bamford
3 for Struijk
2 for Cooper
1 for Roberts
1 for Dallas

Poor Raph was robbed :cry: :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Raphinha is the most exciting player in a generation to come to Leeds.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Liverpool fans getting excited because of a report that they have made a £32mil offer for Raph :duno:

Seems an odd thing to get excited about, would be like them getting excited because they offered Spurs £3.50 for Harry Kane.

A real entitlement about those Super League failure clubs.

Think they can flutter their eyelashes at Raph or Grealish or Declan Rice and get them for nothing.

They have just spent £36mil on an injury prone bit part cb, they have set a precedent their in terms of price.

Raph is one of the breakout stars of the season in an attacking position.

That itself sets its on premium price tag.

£70mil then we can start talking.

We dont have to sell.
We dont want to sell.

The player himself said he is very happy here and is happy to see out his contract.

Liverpool can forget about any bargains here.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:43 pm Liverpool fans getting excited because of a report that they have made a £32mil offer for Raph :duno:

Seems an odd thing to get excited about, would be like them getting excited because they offered Spurs £3.50 for Harry Kane.

Think they can flutter their eyelashes at Raph or Grealish or Declan Rice and get them for nothing.

They have just spent £36mil on an injury prone bit part cb, they have set a precedent their in terms of price.

We dont have to sell.
We dont want to sell.

The player himself said he is very happy here and is happy to see out his contract.

Raphinha is going nowhere!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:43 pm Liverpool fans getting excited because of a report that they have made a £32mil offer for Raph :duno:

We dont have to sell.
We dont want to sell.

I very much doubt it but i hope his agent hasn't insisted on putting one of those silly release clauses when negotiating his contract. :zip:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shouldn't the icons be Yorkshire ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"