The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9TH October) Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talent

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9TH October) Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talent

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Friday 9th October, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Could Leeds be tempted to offer a short term contract to out of contract stars?

Now that the transfer window has slammed shut, at least until the New Year, lets have a look at the best out of contract. They may be past their elite best, and injuries would have also taken their tole, but would you offer a shot term contract, or a pay as you play deal to any of the following;

Nathaniel Clyne, Mario Mandzukic, Steven Defour, Samir Nasri, Mario Balotelli, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere, Fabio Borini, Shinji Kagawa

Football clubs to show games from hospitality areas?

The Telegraph are reporting that EFL Football clubs are looking into the possibility of screening matches for fans from inside their stadium hospitality areas. If this is successful, there is no reason why the Premier League could not follows suit. The League has written to its clubs asking them to provide details of how they could safely stage these screenings.

The fact games are already being screened in pubs and cinemas amid the on-going spectator ban, and that major arts and music venues have been told they can run socially-distanced events indoors, has united English football in opposition to the on-going restrictions," says the article.

The public screening of matches could form part of a 'hospitality package' sold to fans, something that would allow teams to generate some desperately-needed revenue and also prove they can safely welcome back a limited number of supporters.

Clubs were told any areas used for a screening 'must not have sight of the pitch', must comply with Government guidance in relation to hospitality businesses, and must ensure those attending do not enter areas of the stadium subject to strict coronavirus match-day protocols.

Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talent

The Sun are reporting that team Orta are already lining targets up for January, with Hamburg youngster Stephan Ambrosius topping their current wish list. The 21 year old centre back has just broken into Hamburg's first team. He has also caught the eye of Germany U21 Manager Stefan Kuntz. It was Kuntz that gave Koch his opportunity to show what he could do at U21 level, and Kuntz was not disappointed!

Hamburg are desperately trying to get Ambrosius to sign a new deal, keeping him at the club until 2024, but with his current contract expiring next summer, Leeds are poised and ready to snap up another bargain.

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9TH October) Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talen

Post by HarryofOz »

I doubt we'll be offering anyone a short term contract. That's not the way Bielsa does things.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9TH October) Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talen

Post by Byebyegeegee »

There is a reason these players are out of contract - so no thank you.

Taking social distancing as read I don’t understand how having fans inside in the hospitality areas of the stadium can be deemed safer than letting them sit outside in the stands.

If we got him, I’m assuming Ambrosius would be another one for the under 23s and the future rather than for the 1st team. I suspect Bielsa has now got as big a 1st team squad as he is comfortable with.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Morning EB and Peeps

Can't see us going for any of the released players to be honest, it may be worth a punt on Whilshere on a pay per play basis but I suspect he won't leave London. Pity he never played under Bielsa when he was younger he would have become (injuries aside) a world beater and IMO Bielsa would have loved his playing style

Agree if they can watch in hospitality then why can't they sit in the stands. I saw on the news a couple of weeks ago one club (can't remember who) have agreement they can show the games in hospitality even the home games but they have to close the curtains so no one can actually look through the window at the game they are watching on the big screen WTF!!

Don't know anything about the young German lad but could be a right bargain
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Come on Ell. Kuntz & Koch. Is it April the 1st. :lol:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

What's happened to Jack Wiltshire? If he doesn't get is head down soon it would be a massive fall from grace that. Someone needs to give him a shake.

I thought one of the main reasons they didn't want fans in the stadium is so they can't congregate in the bars? I can't see why they couldn't allow say 10,000 spaced around Elland Rd? Although who decides which fans miss out will piss a few off i'm sure.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:30 am There is a reason these players are out of contract - so no thank you.
My sentiments entirely :tup:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Leeds lining up January transfer for sought after young German talent
Stephan Ambrosius...Lots of good reports about this 'un...and Victor likes him :-D

Football clubs to show games from hospitality areas?
Be a way of generating some revenue for clubs (badly needed)... Fans would feel a little closer also, if its allowed in pubs, why not.

Could Leeds be tempted to offer a short term contract to out of contract stars?
BBGG said it best...
There is a reason these players are out of contract - so no thank you.
Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 am Come on Ell. Kuntz & Koch. Is it April the 1st. :lol:
Brilliant ... :rol: :rol: :rol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:06 am Come on Ell. Kuntz & Koch. Is it April the 1st. :lol:
I promise..... :)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

That German lad ..I hear he's mad on rice pudding

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

They were probably a good fit when they were together....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:30 pm They were probably a good fit when they were together....
Who would come out on top?...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I saw Jack Wilshere get released and thought he'd be exact the right kind of player. But Jack Wilshere hasn't been Jack Wilshere for some timr
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Out of contract players: Wouldn't bother with any...maybe Wilshere on a pay as you play basis, but would rather play Shacks in the number 10 role since he deserves it more and probably has more hunger.

Games from hospitality areas: Why not, if covid protocols can be enforced properly. Still weird that there can't be low capacity crowds in the stands though, if games can be shown indoors in the hospitality areas.

Ambrosius: If Bielsa wants him, that's good enough for me. Looks a bit of a unit already at 21.