Player Ratings v Villa (a)

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Player Ratings v Villa (a)

Post by 1964white »

Right folks you vcan hand out as many 10's as you wish :ok:

Meslier
Dallas
Ayling
Koch
Alioski
Struijk
Costa
Klich
Rodrigo
Harrison
Bamford
Shackleton
Hernandez
Raphinha
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Player Ratings v Villa (a)

Post by HarryofOz »

Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier - 8 (1 terrific save, fast reaction on one-on-one, looks PL class)
Dallas - 8 (quiet game but kept Grealish quiet too)
Ayling - 9.5 (immense at the back, one 1st half mistake with immediate redemption)
Koch - 8 (solid, quiet game)
Alioski - 9 (brilliant going forward, caused them a ton of problems)
Struijk - 7 (apart from that tackle he was playing well, part of a few good moves)
Costa - 8 (created a lot of problems down the right and solid defensively too)
Klich - 9.5 (tremendous game, he caused lots of problems in the 8 role, then really took the defensive role well)
Rodrigo - 9 (lots of great moves, especially well involved in 1st goal)
Harrison - 9 (killed them down the left)
Bamford - 10 (even despite the 1st half misses, his 2nd and 3rd were real class)

Shackleton - 8 (great game, worked his socks off defensively and drove a lot going forward)
Hernandez - 6 (not long enough, but looked a little rusty, especially that huge open chance)
Raphinha - 6 (not long enough, but some really class touches)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 8 - Couple of good saves but Villa didn't threaten
Dallas - 8 - Slow start but good game in the end, one great tackle to stop Grealish in his tracks
Ayling - 10 - One of the best CB performances I've seen under Bielsa, the goal line work worth 2 goals scored for me
Koch - 8 - Another solid performance
Alioski - 9 - Some top defending and very threatening in midfield, player of the first half
Struijk - 7 - Came off early to rebalance the team but was playing well up to then..Unlucky to come off
Costa - 8 - Not as dangerous as Harrison but got better as the game went on
Klich - 9 - Slow first 10 but really upped his game later, keeps getting better and saved an almost certain goal in the first half
Rodrigo - 8 - Some mis-control at times but did the hard work for Bamfords opener, Shooting was wayward at times
Harrison - 9 - Back to his best after the rustiness v Wolves..Deserved and assist or even better a goal
Bamford - 8 - A couple of great finishes after a stinker of a first half. Not a pen by the way for me.
Shackleton - 8 - Very composed game and I think he's going to be a very good ball carrier in the future
Hernandez - 7 - Nice cameo
Raphinha - 7 - Shows a lot of class but will find it difficult to get in this team while Harrison and Costa are running prem defences ragged
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Meslier - 8.5 // Solid and commanding as ever, brilliant for such a young PL keeper

Dallas - 8.5 // Mr consistent, was everywhere for us tonight and made some excellent tackles

Ayling - 8 // Had a very solid game out of his natural position, a real captain’s performance

Koch - 9 // Really has been the unsung hero of our season so far. An absolute rock.

Alioski - 8 // Got a lot of stick before the game from a lot of us on here, me included. Credit where credit’s due, gave a real battling performance and linked up excellently with Harrison. Always puts in 110% when he wears the shirt

Struijk - 5 // A shame to pick up a yellow card so early. Will hopefully take some comfort knowing that Bielsa has done this to others in the past. Would still expect him to start against Leicester.

Costa - 8 // Had an excellent evening all round and topped it off with an assist.

Klich - 8.5 // Again had an excellent evening out of his natural position, really makes us tick. Also got an assist in.

Rodrigo - 8 // Contributed a lot to our overall dominance. I think he brings out the best in Bamford. Was vital for that first goal, allowed Bamford to find space in the box to pick up the loose ball.

Harrison - 9 // Would have been my MOTM if not for Paddy. Linked up well with Alioski and was a constant threat on the cross. Looked hungry to score as well. Matty Cash will be having nightmares about him for the next few weeks.

Bamford - 9.5 // MOTM. A very well taken hat trick in 19 minutes. Would have been 10 if not for a couple of misses in the first half. 6 goals in 6 now in the PL. I now feel confident that we can get a result going into every game with Bamford leading the line

Shackleton - 8.5 // Brought so much energy to the side, runs around like a tornado. Got involved regularly in the box, an excellent first PL performance. Makes me feel that he can make it at this level.

Hernandez - 6.5 // Didn’t really get into the game and looked off the boil. Looks to be lacking that match sharpness and fitness that makes us tick. I’ve no doubt we’ll see plenty of Pablo’s magic this season, but he might have to settle for making an impact off the bench.

Raphinha - 7.5 // Can’t give him any more than this as he wasn’t on the pitch for long. Has the look of a player who will cause absolute havoc for us in the PL. Looks exceptionally dangerous whenever he is on the ball. One of those players who time seems to slow for, very excited about this one
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Meslier - 8 - Hadreal command and came up big when required. Distributed the ball well.
Dallas - 8.5 - Neutralized Grealish
Ayling - 9 - One colossal screw-up redeemed by an equally colossal clearance. Rock solid all game. Outstanding.
Koch - 8.5 - Rock solid
Alioski - 9 - Along with Harrison gave them fits all up and down the left all game. As well as he's played for us.
Struijk - 6.5 - Was playing well, but a poor challenge led to a yellow which forced us into an early sub. Could have been costly.
Costa - 8 - By the end of the second half he had run his man into the ground
Klich - 9 - Our most consistently good player, I think.
Rodrigo - 8 - Getting better each game. A little loose around the edges, but he's growing into the 10
Harrison - 9 - Bloody brilliant all game, right up until he took the shot himself in the 95th minute. :-D
Bamford - 9.5 - Could have finished a bit better in the first half, but he was all over the place. It wasn't just the goals that made him MOTM
Shackleton - 8 - Pressed into duty and performed admirably throughout. Gave up a lot of size when he came on, but we never noticed, even when defending set pieces.
Hernandez - 7 - Glad to see him getting some minutes. Could have had a goal, but got a little over-anxious.
Raphinha - 7 - Didn't have much time on the pitch, but the class is there for all to see.

We are going to have some happy problems trying to figure out how to get everyone minutes when (if) we get everyone healthy.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Meslier...8 So calm, cool & confident a 20 year already a Prem GK.Commands his area, sweeper well in control now, A brilliant save, yet again.
Dallas....9 Read the game well, forced Grealish into being the baby he is when thing's do not go his way.
Ayling....9.5 1 mistake almost cost us a goal , but Luke got back to rectify outstanding.
Koch..... 9 love watching this man' so calm and collected, not long before we see him on the score sheet in set pieces, with that head of his.
Alioski... 8 full effort for his 1st full game, really glad for him.
Struijk... 6.5 IMO put himself under too much pressure thinking about the yellow, Bielsa saw and did the right thing.
Costa.... 8 Thats the Costa I want to turn up every game, effective and causing problems.
Klich.... 9 Outstanding job standing in for KP.
Rodrigo. 8 Just needs to get his eye back, I see at least 10 goals from him this year.
Harrison. 8.5 Same as his 'oppo this is the Harrison I want to see turn up every week.
Bamford. 10 3 good (not easy) chance's in the 1st half... 2nd half...Guess it will be a long time before Ming's Pisses Paddy off again :lol:

Shackleton. 8 This lad is 1 reason why I did not want Cantwell. I said earlier in the week I would like to see him start with Klich. I hope this is how God goes next Monday.
Hernandez. 7 Into the game instantly, not at his sharpest, to be expected.
Raphinha. 7 That one pass to Harrison split the whole team... pass of the season. I want to see him start asp.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think Luke was just beaten well but got back to save the goal...Watkins is a very good footballer. Villa could double their money in a season or two..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

9 Meslier
9 Dallas
10 Ayling :star:
8.5 Koch
9 Alioski
7 Struijk
8 Costa
9 Klich
8.5 Rodrigo
9 Harrison
10 Bamford :star:
Subs
8.5 Shackleton
7 Hernandez
7 Raphinha
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Meslier 8.5: Are we sure this kid is only 20? The kid as earnt the shirt long may it continue. Great couple of saves which allows us to go on and batter them.
Dallas 8: Mr Versatile does it again. Solid performance and tracked Grealish really well. Great energy as usual.
Ayling 8.5: Lost is man a couple of times but was outstanding overall. The balance of the team didn't suffer as much as i thought with Bill at CB. We have players that can play anywhere.
Koch 8.5: What a player, he has come in and looks world class straight away. His quality puts those around him at ease. Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz. Forget it...We have a Porsche thanks.
Alioski 8: Just when msome people are giving up on the little man (me included) him and Harrison tear it up down that left-hand side. Great energetic performance as always.
Struijk : n/a Didn't get to see much of the lad due to technicalities.
Costa 8: Full of running. When our wingers are on song we are hard to stop.
Klich 9: He's just a fantastic footballer full stop. He is the heartbeat of this side. Looking even better in the PL. Mateusz, thankyou for choosing Leeds. You do your country proud.
Rodrigo 8.5: He is starting to warm up now his best game so far. Linked play really well and was a important cog in the machine.
Harrison 8.5: That's more like it Jack. We tore strips of them down the left and he put in some great balls into the box.
Bamford 9.5: You won't get a better second half performance than that. 3 goals in 45mins. That second goal left me startled for a few minutes, thinking have i just witnessed that, was it real, and then he goes and gets the third. Keep proving me wrong Paddy and yourself right. Fantastic!
Shackleton 8.5 The lad was fantastic tonight. Injected some pace, ran into space with the ball at his feet. He arrived last night for me personally.

Bielsa & his team 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000000000000000

Come and have a go teams if you think you have what it takes.....! :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:57 am Meslier 8.5: Are we sure this kid is only 20? The kid as earnt the shirt long may it continue. Great couple of saves which allows us to go on and batter them.
Dallas 8: Mr Versatile does it again. Solid performance and tracked Grealish really well. Great energy as usual.
Ayling 8.5: Lost is man a couple of times but was outstanding overall. The balance of the team didn't suffer as much as i thought with Bill at CB. We have players that can play anywhere.
Koch 8.5: What a player, he has come in and looks world class straight away. His quality puts those around him at ease. Oh lord won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz. Forget it...We have a Porsche thanks.
Alioski 8: Just when msome people are giving up on the little man (me included) him and Harrison tear it up down that left-hand side. Great energetic performance as always.
Struijk : n/a Didn't get to see much of the lad due to technicalities.
Costa 8: Full of running. When our wingers are on song we are hard to stop.
Klich 9: He's just a fantastic footballer full stop. He is the heartbeat of this side. Looking even better in the PL. Mateusz, thankyou for choosing Leeds. You do your country proud.
Rodrigo 8.5: He is starting to warm up now his best game so far. Linked play really well and was a important cog in the machine.
Harrison 8.5: That's more like it Jack. We tore strips of them down the left and he put in some great balls into the box.
Bamford 9.5: You won't get a better second half performance than that. 3 goals in 45mins. That second goal left me startled for a few minutes, thinking have i just witnessed that, was it real, and then he goes and gets the third. Keep proving me wrong Paddy and yourself right. Fantastic!
Shackleton 8.5 The lad was fantastic tonight. Injected some pace, ran into space with the ball at his feet. He arrived last night for me personally.

Bielsa & his team 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.000000000000000000

Come and have a go teams if you think you have what it takes.....! :)
I insisted all along Shacks, Struijk & Davis were ahead of our other academy lads prior to the start of the season
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Anymore ratings?
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Spider boy 7.5
Dallas 7.5
Ayling 8
Koch 7.5
Alioski 7.5
Strujik 6
Costa 6.5
Klich 8
Rodrigo 8
Harrison 8.5
Bamford 9
Shackleton 8
Hernandez 6
Ralf 6
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:54 am I insisted all along Shacks, Struijk & Davis were ahead of our other academy lads prior to the start of the season
It was just his positioning in games that he needs to develop for me. Obviously that comes with more experience. The lads got everything else going for him.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Just giving them all a 10 - one of the best team performances I've seen. When that third goal went in I jumped up like a madman and screamed at Mrs NW "Did you see that, did you see that goal!" - a thing of beauty.........she told me she knew we'd scored and my stream was behind :lol: