Jack Grealish

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Spotty
Youth Team
Youth Team

Jack Grealish

Post by Spotty »

He really is a horrible diving tw*t. Gets in positions were he instigates contact and rightly, he is being found out. Villa fans embarrassingly complaining about Bamford diving but Grealish is getting a reputation.

Great result by the way.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Diving f****r Grealish

Post by Smudge3920 »

Sadly as well Grealish is rapidly getting the " untouchable" status from a lot of ref's... the real maddening thing for me is Grealish also like's to play hard, and then become's the mouthy Grealish to the ref..." come on ref I get kicked all game"... he cannot take it back, I do not care how good a player is... when this tactic become's one of your best weapon's in your arsenal..spoils the game... Players like Grealish would never have survived against the like of Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith, Chopper Harris back in the day.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Grealish makes me so angry all the skill in the world, potential to be world class but goes down faster than a crack whore and stays down trying to get yellow/red cards handed out when he’s clearly not hurt but if a decision goes against him he moans more than one of JTs mates wives :oops:

I said this to a guy I work with whose a Villian, he responded yea but if he was in your team, I pointed out I was talking about the England game and as an England fan I loved his skill but felt he was embarrassing every time he went down.

He needs to take a look at Messi how many times he’s genuinely gets fouled but jumps and gets on with the game a real world class player
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

Really is a horrible cheating b*****d.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Jack grealish won the game for us by getting Pascal hauled off on 20 minutes. That will teach him Oh No it won't

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Grealish just knows how it works, and tbf Bamford and Ayling have bought us many a FC in similar fashion. But yeah, Grealish would gain a bit more respect if he just got on with the game.

I just had a thought about the Bamford / Mings handbags incident too.

I know it obvioudly riled up Bamford but I wonder if it also played in the Villas defences mind too and they didnt want to get too close after that in case Bamford keeled over likeche did under the Mings challenge.
Last edited by Irish Ian on Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

The only time he didn’t go down when touched last night he ran the length of the pitch and nearly scored. He’s a very good player but is his own worst enemy with his tactics. One of these days and hopefully soon, referees are going to get wise to him and he will have to stop taking a dive at every verse end, and he’ll be a better player for it.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Just heard Steve Nicol say the same. Summarizing: "When he stays on his feet he almost scored the goal of the season. If he gets fouled, fair enough. But his manager should have a word with him and tell him to stay on his feet and show us what he can do. "
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mark Hughes used to the same when he played for Fergie. My Mum used to say "That Mark Hughes is always sat on't floor"
LUFC_BOS
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by LUFC_BOS »

I was going to start a competition earlier this week on how many times he would go down on the floor.

The kid has immense talent, wish he would use it more. If he wants to play like he is and keep diving, he might want to go to other leagues where this the norm.

By the way I do worry about Ayling doing similar things.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:41 pm Mark Hughes used to the same when he played for Fergie. My Mum used to say "That Mark Hughes is always sat on't floor"
Think I would have enjoyed knowing you Mum. :)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

One thing that stood out for me is its basically the Jack Grealish show (plus 10 others). That imo is how he thinks.

Clearly talented and what not but i actually think he stays at Villa more for himself, Mr Villa, the Captain in his little goldfish bowl.

He is selfish, he doesn't always do whats best for the team, he does whats best for Jack Grealish.

Enjoys being the main man, everything revolving around him in a team where he is basically untouchable and dropping or even subbing him is out of the question.

All this talk about how he almost scored a worldie. Well if he passed the ball 10 yards Watkins had a 1v1.

He was lazy all game offering no help to his full back.

Wasnt alone plenty of Villa players were lazy but he is the Captain, where was the example?

He effectively reduced his team to 10 men for a spell because poor old Jack wanted a free kickbut didnt get one so lay down for a while, was he really hurt? Course he wasnt but his teammates had to put theball out for him.

He is fine when things are going well and has clear ability but a team player? Not so sure, not in the way a Captain should be.

Bielsa wouldn't like him imo if thats how he is all the time he wouldn't get on with MB.

Not sure how he would do in a side that has a proper system and roles that dont revolve around him. Maybe thats why Southgate doesnt pick him?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:34 am One thing that stood out for me is its basically the Jack Grealish show (plus 10 others). That imo is how he thinks.

Clearly talented and what not but i actually think he stays at Villa more for himself, Mr Villa, the Captain in his little goldfish bowl.

He is selfish, he doesn't always do whats best for the team, he does whats best for Jack Grealish.

Enjoys being the main man, everything revolving around him in a team where he is basically untouchable and dropping or even subbing him is out of the question.

All this talk about how he almost scored a worldie. Well if he passed the ball 10 yards Watkins had a 1v1.

He was lazy all game offering no help to his full back.

Wasnt alone plenty of Villa players were lazy but he is the Captain, where was the example?

He effectively reduced his team to 10 men for a spell because poor old Jack wanted a free kickbut didnt get one so lay down for a while, was he really hurt? Course he wasnt but his teammates had to put theball out for him.

He is fine when things are going well and has clear ability but a team player? Not so sure, not in the way a Captain should be.

Bielsa wouldn't like him imo if thats how he is all the time he wouldn't get on with MB.

Not sure how he would do in a side that has a proper system and roles that dont revolve around him. Maybe thats why Southgate doesnt pick him?
But that intimates that Southgate has a clue, when we all know he hasn't.............

:) :)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Should he have been booked when VAR showed there was no contact? Do they still do that?
There Is Only One United.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

He certainly seems to have gained a reputation for simulation, I'd like to hope that the match officials are wise to his antics by now ,of course this would soon be stopped if clubs handed out stiffer penalties to the players involved in these activities
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:48 pm Think I would have enjoyed knowing you Mum. :)
She was 90 last month John, we were watching Man - Chelski yesterday and she was over the moon that Man Scum are on a downward spiral. She didnt like fergie or his team :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

billysboots wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:31 am Should he have been booked when VAR showed there was no contact? Do they still do that?
Wondered that too. If they do, then why wasn't he, if they don't where's the deterrent
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 am She was 90 last month John, we were watching Man - Chelski yesterday and she was over the moon that Man Scum are on a downward spiral. She didnt like fergie or his team :)
I lost my mum in 2015, she really hated Fergie and Man U. 🙂
There Is Only One United.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I can't stand the little pr**k. Decent player, but hugely overrated, imo, and Cjay makes a very good point about him wanting everything to be about him. He probably had every right to shoot after that great run he made, but he squares it and Villa are one up and maybe it's a very different game. Not a team player and Bielsa would hate him for that selfishness. Not convinced he'll ever go to one of the really big teams, he wouldn't be the focal point and wouldn't like it. Diving f****r!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:15 am She was 90 last month John, we were watching Man - Chelski yesterday and she was over the moon that Man Scum are on a downward spiral. She didnt like fergie or his team :)
Thrilled for you that she's still with us.

My mother passed in 2000, the same year my wife was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Didn't think years could get any worse than that, and then 2020 came around. Lost my father this year along with everything else.

Thank goodness for Leeds United and my dog. :)