Analysis of Leeds Aggressive Attacking

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
saturdayscouch
Ballboy
Ballboy

Analysis of Leeds Aggressive Attacking

Post by saturdayscouch »

I wrote a stats-based analysis of Leeds this season with the ball and how The System has them putting up well-balanced attacking numbers that are only truly topped by Liverpool. I'd be interested to hear what devoted fans who watch every second think of it

https://saturdaysoncouch.wordpress.com/ ... attacking/
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: Analysis of Leeds Aggressive Attacking

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Interesting stats saturdayscouch and I hope you win your bet.

Leeds have been fantastic to watch from the moment Bielsa took over and we’ve known that we have been overall the best team in the Championship for the last 2 seasons. Now after the 1st 6 games of this season I think we are all starting to realise just how good this team can be at Premier league level. Long may it continue.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Saturdayscouch said ...
If I was playing Leeds this weekend, I’d focus my buildup defense on stopping the fullbacks and letting Shackleton or Struijk (who didn’t do much progression wise in his tiny 20 minute sample) have the ball more to see if they can figure out how to do what Kalvin did.
Impressive and well laid out synopsis, re: the comment above ...Isn't that the point though, options? Shut the full backs down, we come through the middle, or vice a versa. I also believe we play man for man better than anyone else right now as well, simply because of our fitness levels.
Hugo70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hugo70 »

Hola mi ingles no es muy bueno pero les recomiendo el libro... 11 caminos al gol, de Bielsa. Muy interesante donde describe exactamente la idea de fútbol que disfruta lo tengo en odf pero esta en eapañol
Hugo70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hugo70 »

Hola mi ingles no es muy bueno pero les recomiendo el libro... 11 caminos al gol, de Bielsa. Muy interesante donde describe exactamente la idea de fútbol que disfruta lo tengo en odf pero esta en eapañol
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Hugo70 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:01 am Hola mi ingles no es muy bueno pero les recomiendo el libro... 11 caminos al gol, de Bielsa. Muy interesante donde describe exactamente la idea de fútbol que disfruta lo tengo en odf pero esta en eapañol
Translation...
Hello, my English is not very good but I recommend the book ... 11 paths to goal, by Bielsa. Very interesting where he describes exactly the idea of football that he enjoys. I have it in odf but it is in Spanish
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bienvenido Hugo :tup:
Hugo70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hugo70 »

Gracias otro hincha que sigue la campaña desde Uruguay💪
Hugo70
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hugo70 »

Gracias otro hincha que sigue la campaña desde Uruguay💪
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hugo70 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:40 pm Gracias otro hincha que sigue la campaña desde Uruguay💪
Buen hombre :scar1 :clapp:
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

:lol: ... And I did the translation lol