Politicly incorrect thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Politicly incorrect thread

Post by Velotrax »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:10 pmPC 05.jpg
Spot on
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:28 pm That’s the one.
Pretty well what happens on here...
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:57 pm Everyone’s is entitled to make any jokes. And others are entitled to say they weren't funny and/or offensive.

Some in here gave me a slight chuckle and others like SaraM, I found an embarrassment to the forum and the posters.
Please do not feel embarressed for me Radebe, ...but as we are talking about embarressing.... Nah it's not worth it, those who assume the moral high ground would not understand anyway.
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

It is indeed a complicated world... one especially difficult area to understand, is the difference between hypocrisy and irony. Even more dificult for an individual is to admit to either being a hypocrite (especially this) or an ironist...This position can usually be identified through a person's statements (posts)... when one throws in the use of paradoxes, it becomes even more complex. And as many of our moral rules contradict themselves, it does not make life any easier. Scientist's (for the most part) say that "nature has a liberal bias, but life has a conservative bias" (one follows the 2nd law of thermodynamics, whilst the other struggles against it)
Attachments
H 03.jpg
H 03.jpg (86.21 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Side before self & MOT
hector

Post by hector »

I know exactly what you mean Smudge

This is me extreme ironing!!
Extermeironingrivelin.jpg
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Thread title says it all , easily offended steer clear. We all get the opportunity to make choices on most subjects.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:42 am I know exactly what you mean Smudge

This is me extreme ironing!!

Extermeironingrivelin.jpg
:rol:.. I hope you were measured for that board mate... kept the standards up what !
Side before self & MOT
hector

Post by hector »

Don't be so hard on Smudge...... He is doing his bit for the planet

After all.................................. He is....................
saving-the-planet-by-recycling-bad-jokes-eco-pun-phoxy-design.jpg
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:32 am Thread title says it all , easily offended steer clear. We all get the opportunity to make choices on most subjects.
There you have it in a nutshell.
Says it all really.
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Just slightly off topic, are there any comedians any of us don't find funny. The 2 that spring to mind for me are.
Julian Clary, same rehashed innuendos.
Jo Brand. I'm fat, I eat chocolate eclairs. Not funny Jo.

Did like Greg Davies but he's gone down the repetitive road too.
It will all come clear in the end
hector

Post by hector »

Ricky Gervais. I think he is as funny as a car crash
Sasha Baron Cohen ditto
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 pm
Sasha Baron Cohen
Watched the Brothers Grimsby again the other night. It appeals to my humour
It will all come clear in the end
Mick Jones shoulder
First Team
First Team

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Derek & Clive are great if you want to be offensive. That's Pete & Dud for the uninitiated.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

radebe88 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:52 am You misunderstood, I don't feel embarrassed for you. I find it embarrassing for the forum and the members that don't think those things are appropriate and/or funny. For the record once again I'm not offended, I just don't think those types of jokes are that funny or clever. Everyone is free to post these recycled jokes, that's what makes the free world so great.
And yet you still miss the irony of your posts... :)
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:33 pm Don't be so hard on Smudge...... He is doing his bit for the planet

After all.................................. He is....................

saving-the-planet-by-recycling-bad-jokes-eco-pun-phoxy-design.jpg
:roflmao: wot do you mean 'ol boy?... oh by the way did you hear about the Big white horse that walked into a Royal Corps of Signals Wo & Sgts Mess?..walks up to the bar, looks at the barman and orders a pint of bitter... the barman pulls the pint gives it to the horse, the horse drinks it down in one and orders another...as he is pulling the pint the barman says, "you know we have a nice scotch named after you ... the horse looks at him with an odd look on his face and says .
.wait for it ...
"Wot Fred?..."
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

An Englishman, an Irishman, a Welshman, and a Scotsman are all on a hot air balloon...
The conductor almost panicked says, there's too much weight! Someone needs to jump off, or we're going to crash! The Welshman bravely steps up, For the glory of wales! And the Welshman throws himself off... The conductor still panicked says, okay, we're close but there is still too much weight! The Irishman, in a patriotic manner yells, For Ireland!... And throws the Englishman off
:lol:
Side before self & MOT
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.

Fairytale of New York: BBC Radio 1 will not play original version

BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.

The station said young listeners were particularly sensitive to derogatory terms for gender and sexuality.

It will instead play an edited version with different lyrics sung by MacColl.

But the 1987 original will still be played on Radio 2, while 6 Music DJs can choose between the two versions.

A BBC spokesman said: "We know the song is considered a Christmas classic and we will continue to play it this year, with our radio stations choosing the version of the song most relevant for their audience."

But Radio 1 has decided younger listeners who are unfamiliar with the track would find some of the words stark and not in line with what they would expect to hear on air.

The new edited version changes two lines - one swapped for an alternative version in which MacColl sings "You're cheap and you're haggard" in place of a homophobic slur.

MacColl sang the newly-added line on Top of the Pops in 1992. She died in a boat accident in Mexico eight years later, at the age of 41.

The same wording was used by Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan in their 2000 cover version. When Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie performed the song in Radio 1's Live Lounge in 2017, she opted to call him a "cheap lousy blagger".

In Radio 1's newly-edited version, another line, sung by Shane MacGowan in the second verse, has a word removed entirely.

Radio 1 has played the song in its original form in recent years, but the insults contained in the lyrics, sung in the form of a blazing row between an alcoholic and a heroin addict, have long been criticised by some.

The track was censored by Radio 1 back in 2007, but that decision was swiftly reversed after an outcry by its fans.

Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom", and there was no "negative intent behind the use of the words".

In 2018, MacGowan defended the song, explaining: "The word was used by the character because it fitted with the way she would speak and with her character. She is not supposed to be a nice person, or even a wholesome person.

"She is a woman of a certain generation at a certain time in history, and she is down on her luck and desperate. Her dialogue is as accurate as I could make it, but she is not intended to offend.

"She is just supposed to be an authentic character and not all characters in songs and stories are angels or even decent and respectable. Sometimes characters in songs and stories have to be evil or nasty in order to tell the story effectively."
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Muppet the Cat wrote...Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.
And you have to pay the BBC a liscence fee for them to dictate like that to you...bloody amazing...sad thing is mate they really feel they are right...
Side before self & MOT
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Smudge3920 »

Apparently it's no longer politically correct to direct a joke at any racial or ethic minority, so...
An Englishman, a Scotsman, an Irishman, a Welshman, a Gurkha, a Latvian, a Turk, an Aussie, two Kiwis, a German, an American, a South African, a Cypriot, an Egyptian, a Japanese, a Mexican, a Spaniard, a Pole, a Lithuanian, a Swede, a Finn, a Dane, a Romani, a Bulgarian, a Swiss, a Greek, a Bulgarian, a Singaporean, a Norwegian, a Libyan, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Monk, an Italian, a Serb, a Russian and an Ethiopian went to a bar.

The bouncer said, "I'm sorry, you can't come in here without a Thai"

:lol:
Side before self & MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:50 pm Perhaps this should be on a separate PC (instead of PC incorrect) thread, but I couldn't quite believe this when I read it on the BBC news website yesterday.

Fairytale of New York: BBC Radio 1 will not play original version

BBC Radio 1 will not play the original version of Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl this Christmas, because its audience may be offended by some of the lyrics.

The station said young listeners were particularly sensitive to derogatory terms for gender and sexuality.

It will instead play an edited version with different lyrics sung by MacColl.

But the 1987 original will still be played on Radio 2, while 6 Music DJs can choose between the two versions.

A BBC spokesman said: "We know the song is considered a Christmas classic and we will continue to play it this year, with our radio stations choosing the version of the song most relevant for their audience."

But Radio 1 has decided younger listeners who are unfamiliar with the track would find some of the words stark and not in line with what they would expect to hear on air.

The new edited version changes two lines - one swapped for an alternative version in which MacColl sings "You're cheap and you're haggard" in place of a homophobic slur.

MacColl sang the newly-added line on Top of the Pops in 1992. She died in a boat accident in Mexico eight years later, at the age of 41.

The same wording was used by Ronan Keating and Moya Brennan in their 2000 cover version. When Ed Sheeran and Anne-Marie performed the song in Radio 1's Live Lounge in 2017, she opted to call him a "cheap lousy blagger".

In Radio 1's newly-edited version, another line, sung by Shane MacGowan in the second verse, has a word removed entirely.

Radio 1 has played the song in its original form in recent years, but the insults contained in the lyrics, sung in the form of a blazing row between an alcoholic and a heroin addict, have long been criticised by some.

The track was censored by Radio 1 back in 2007, but that decision was swiftly reversed after an outcry by its fans.

Andy Parfitt, the station's controller at the time, explained the U-turn by saying its audiences were "smart enough to distinguish between maliciousness and creative freedom", and there was no "negative intent behind the use of the words".

In 2018, MacGowan defended the song, explaining: "The word was used by the character because it fitted with the way she would speak and with her character. She is not supposed to be a nice person, or even a wholesome person.

"She is a woman of a certain generation at a certain time in history, and she is down on her luck and desperate. Her dialogue is as accurate as I could make it, but she is not intended to offend.

"She is just supposed to be an authentic character and not all characters in songs and stories are angels or even decent and respectable. Sometimes characters in songs and stories have to be evil or nasty in order to tell the story effectively."
Unbelievable Cat, just read this article on the BBC news page

The world is going truly mad :x