International duties/football

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

International duties/football

Post by Smudge3920 »

Got to be honest, I am sick and tired of international football. These breaks are frustrating...3 games in 10 days, all the travel... guarentee Coops will come back injured again... It has got to stop...1st game a Euro qualifier...2nd & 3rd games Nations league matches...same ferkin thing FFS :rant:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/11/blogs/ ... snack-poll
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Re: International dutie's...

Post by Ratscoot »

Completely agree Smudge, they could easily have cancelled some of these games at least especially the friendlies which are all about money grabbing.

No doubt we’ll suffer by Coops and potentially others getting injured
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: International duties...

Post by 1964white »

If I was Marcelo I would insist Cooper stays at home & Rodrigo is given time to recover from his covid scare by not participating in any of the Spain games
TatleyK
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by TatleyK »

I agree these internationals are a joke. However if you withdraw ‘fit’ players they will automatically be suspended after the break. Having said that, I can’t see how Rodrigo can be deemed fit if he’s tested positive for COVID.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

So Cooper got a call up? FFS. Agree that Rodrigo surely can't travel and play with Covid. Isn't it 10 or 14 days mandatory isolation?
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:20 am Got to be honest, I am sick and tired of international football. These breaks are frustrating...3 games in 10 days, all the travel... guarentee Coops will come back injured again... It has got to stop...1st game a Euro qualifier...2nd & 3rd games Nations league matches...same ferkin thing FFS :rant:

https://thisisfutbol.com/2020/11/blogs/ ... snack-poll
On the bright side, the next international break isn't til March now.

If we're frustrated by these international breaks, imagine how we're gonna feel with the 2022 World Cup being played mid season (21 Nov - 18 Dec) :evil:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:09 pm So Cooper got a call up? FFS. Agree that Rodrigo surely can't travel and play with Covid. Isn't it 10 or 14 days mandatory isolation?
I think Rodders said that he was gonna watch Leeds Utd v Palace and the Spanish games from the comfort of his sofa :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Absolutely HATE internationals.....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Internationals are great. Our players get to learn from others and improve. I look forward to the day - like the Revie era - when every single one of our players is an international quality footballer and hopefully get regular call-ups to represent their country in their chosen sport.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The one good thing about these breaks is it gives our injured players time to recover.

But the ones on duty are put at risk again.

Tyler Roberts should pick up a few lifestyle tips though = this is how you shag other people's wives and this is how you give your Mrs a back hander :duno:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:05 am Internationals are great. Our players get to learn from others and improve. I look forward to the day - like the Revie era - when every single one of our players is an international quality footballer and hopefully get regular call-ups to represent their country in their chosen sport.
Dunno what anyone will learn from Southgate?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:05 am Absolutely HATE internationals.....
If England ever had a great coach like Bielsa (never gonna happen) then the players could improve at that level.

But The FA always choose yes men like Southgate, Woy Hodgson, McLaren, SGE, who are clueless arseholes that couldn't run a tap.

They've wasted the best English talent for decades.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 am If England ever had a great coach like Bielsa (never gonna happen) then the players could improve at that level.

But The FA always choose yes men like Southgate, Woy Hodgson, McLaren, SGE, who are clueless arseholes that couldn't run a tap.

Lumplard will be the next choice after Southgate fails miserably :(
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:05 am Lumplard will be the next choice after Southgate fails miserably :(
Yeah, or some dope like Fulham's Scott Parker
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Lest we forget and relevant to who Leeds are playing today. Imagine if we had some w**ker like Hodgson at the helm.

https://youtu.be/_A5U1DRUpPU
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

White Riot wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:55 am If England ever had a great coach like Bielsa (never gonna happen) then the players could improve at that level.

To be fair back in 2007 the FA went out and got Fabio Capello, who was regarded as one of the best coaches/mangers out there at the time. However, his England side were poor. I think the performances in the 2010 World Cup were about as bad as they’ve ever been.

The problem for an international manager is that he doesn’t spend enough time with the players as a group to make that impact difference. They should all be top players anyway. I think half of it is the motivational aspect and getting inside their heads !
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:00 am To be fair back in 2007 the FA went out and got Fabio Capello, who was regarded as one of the best coaches/mangers out there at the time. However, his England side were poor. I think the performances in the 2010 World Cup were about as bad as they’ve ever been.

The problem for an international manager is that he doesn’t spend enough time with the players as a group to make that impact difference. They should all be top players anyway. I think half of it is the motivational aspect and getting inside their heads !
True that Capello and SGE were both shite too.

Countries like Germany, France, Spain and Italy seem to be consistently capable of producing good international sides.

I don't believe they have any more talent than us, our younger sides have done well over the past few years.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:17 am True that Capello and SGE were both shite too.

Countries like Germany, France, Spain and Italy seem to be consistently capable of producing good international sides.

I don't believe they have any more talent than us, our younger sides have done well over the past few years.
Technically they are better footballers than the British players imo!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just noticed the majority of the international matches are friendlies this week not the irrelevant Nations Cup tournament.

How irresponsible of FIFA to allow these mickey mouse matches to continue in such times we are experiencing right now
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:59 am Just noticed the majority of the international matches are friendlies this week not the irrelevant Nations Cup tournament.

How irresponsible of FIFA to allow these mickey mouse matches to continue in such times we are experiencing right now
3 games is far too many.

Make it 2 and I can accept it.