How do we feel about the next 4?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

How do we feel about the next 4?

Post by Smudge3920 »

We have...
The Arses at home... Neverton away... Chelski away... Bubble boys at home...

4 tough games ( all tough games in reality)

I feel honestly, we can take 6pts for sure... Neverton & the Bubble boys

The Arses... I think will be close and think it will be a draw (if we can sneak a win big bonus)

Chelski... Really concerns me, they are finding thier groove and being honest, I think it could be another high scoring loss.

If we can pull out 7 pts from the next 4 games I will be one happy man... even 6 would be no shame... Of course more would be welcome.
Side before self & MOT
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: How do we feel about the next 4?

Post by 1964white »

Not optimistic tbh Smudge

If we are forced to play the personnel we fielded against Leicester & Palace I don't hold out much hope.

All depends on the return of Phillips, Rodrigo & Pablo. We need Llorente to recover quickly from his injury as Koch & Cooper look like strangers, their defending for Palace's first & fourth goals was feeble just as it was v the Foxes. Never thought I'd say this I would be tempted to play Ayling alongside Koch if Llorente's injury persists. Ayling had a super game v Villa at the heart of our defence.

Also Raphinha needs to start instead of either Harrison or Costa.

Things need to change as right now we look like a championship outfit
Clacton White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clacton White »

Is it time for Casillas to come back ? Letting goals like Messier is right now , whether his fault or not , won't do long term confidence good IMO . 17 goals in 8 games not healthy , 8 in 2 ..........albeit may not be down to him , but maybe more experience to Marshall defenders might be order of the day . I know Casillas isn't popular , but he is on the books so should be made use of . Just a thought really and I know some better options in front of keeper will be due back soon...ish .
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

To be honest not looking forward to the next four especially against Fat Fwanks Chekski, he’ll want to smash us

However we have the International break which will hopefully give us time to get the walking wounded back into the team and also work on the team, just hope the Internationals don’t bring further injuries
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

arsenal we could be if they play their usual style of inviting people on. but would need to concentrate from the word go, everton away at present are licking their wounds from a few defeats, and will be more than up for us and so a defeat away, chelsea also a defeat away for us, west ham may be our best chance of getting 3 points.
paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Post by paddy parrott »

Well I'd be more optimistic than most I'd say if Leeds United somehow just try been a lot more VAR Friendly ...then we'd be in with a shout ( however small)!.. Positively speaking Arsenal ain't got Henry anymore eo that's a small step I suppose .Draw ! Everton's in a little blip so that's also a wee help for me aswell ..Keeping in mind we're wanting to be VAR 's friend I'd say a sneaky win here.
Chelsea have'nt got Chopper, mc Creadie Webb& co any longer mind you we 've lost big Norm and wee Billie so I'd take an all out attacking game end to end finishing 3 -3 .Then we'd be certainly ready to batter not just West Ham but fish out a good 'ol Hamering I'd fancy 3-1 to Marcelo's men.
Footnote: we must have a slice of good fortune & dollops of our friends generosity..over at Mr&Miss Var.
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

Clacton White wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:46 am Is it time for Casillas to come back ? Letting goals like Messier is right now , whether his fault or not , won't do long term confidence good IMO . 17 goals in 8 games not healthy , 8 in 2 ..........albeit may not be down to him , but maybe more experience to Marshall defenders might be order of the day . I know Casillas isn't popular , but he is on the books so should be made use of . Just a thought really and I know some better options in front of keeper will be due back soon...ish .
the answer to "is it time for casilla to come back?" in my book is ABSOLUTELY NEVER

meslier been fine, no howlers whereas casilla was making one or two PER game last season
Stan
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Stan »

Cant see beyond 4pts from this with WH and Everton our best hope of points. Would love 3 against Chelsea and Fat Frank and sacrifice all the others maybe other than WH as these are the teams we need to be picking points up against. Nothing against WH, actually had a soft spot for them back in the Upton Park days.
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

paddy parrott wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:39 am Well I'd be more optimistic than most I'd say if Leeds United somehow just try been a lot more VAR Friendly ...then we'd be in with a shout ( however small)!.. Positively speaking Arsenal ain't got Henry anymore eo that's a small step I suppose .Draw ! Everton's in a little blip so that's also a wee help for me aswell ..Keeping in mind we're wanting to be VAR 's friend I'd say a sneaky win here.
Chelsea have'nt got Chopper, mc Creadie Webb& co any longer mind you we 've lost big Norm and wee Billie so I'd take an all out attacking game end to end finishing 3 -3 .Then we'd be certainly ready to batter not just West Ham but fish out a good 'ol Hamering I'd fancy 3-1 to Marcelo's men.
Footnote: we must have a slice of good fortune & dollops of our friends generosity..over at Mr&Miss Var.
We may want to be friends with VAR but I don’t think it will ever be friends with us. So far we are well on the debit side of its decisions, I think we’ve had one disallowed goal in our favour to half a dozen or more going against us. VAR or just a Referee - doesn’t seem to have any difference.
Byebyegeegee
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Anyway getting back on topic I would be happy with 5 points, a draw v Arsenal and Everton and win v WH. Beating Lumpturd’s Chelski would be fantastic but I just can’t see it.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Arsenal L
Everton L
Chelsea L
West Ham D

And that’s optimistic...
We are Premier League
Lorimer46
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

Tough looking run of games , I'd say 6 or maybe 7 points would be excellent. Need to get out of this rut we're in ATM and get some confidence back
If life throws you lemons, make Lemonade
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

4 points. That'll be fine.
Lumiukko
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lumiukko »

I'd take 4 points. Least optimistic about Chelski, most optimistic about Wet Spam. Think Fwank will relish the game, and though I think he's a useless coach, his team is dripping with individual talent. Arsenal I think will want to bounce back from losing to Villa, but their defence could yield us a goal so narrow loss to them (also guarantee Nketiah will score against us). Everton have guile with James, pace and trickery with Richarlison, and a major aerial threat in DLC who will play havoc with our defenders. West Ham, if they don't park a bus and we have our best players available should be a win.

Ars: L
Eve: D
Che: L
WHU: W

So, I'm hoping for as many injuries as possible for players in the teams above during the international break, no injuries for us, and at least hoping for to narrow the gap in quality.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

We need at least one victory in those four games unless we draw all of them, can't see that happening as we don't play for one point rarely drawing matches.
Velotrax
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Velotrax »

I reckon we will struggle over the next 4 games,
WHU: D
Anything better would be a bonus, our defence is shocking without KP
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 am I reckon we will struggle over the next 4 games,
WHU: D
Anything better would be a bonus, our defence is shocking without KP
Agree Velo

Coops his worrying me too, I'll say again we are weaker without Dallas in the back five
Irish Ian

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:09 am We need at least one victory in those four games unless we draw all of them, can't see that happening as we don't play for one point rarely drawing matches.
Agree we need a win.
'We can wait for the next game with serenity'

'I am quite clear in my mind that one has to feel sincere love for those he leads, and if he doesn't feel it naturally, then he must learn how to feel it' Marcelo Bielsa

'Would he kill his granny to win a match?' Bobby Collins
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

With our current Championship backline, I can't say I'm overly confident. They will struggle against pace and often lack protection from our midfield. I still feel we need to recruit another more experienced keeper (along with a left back) , as Meslier is still finding his way and I'm not totally convinced. There is also no real competition for his place other than the clown, which amounts to nothing. Perhaps in January we may need to recruit depending on how the next couple of months shape up.
Lumiukko
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Lumiukko »

Overman wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:06 pm With our current Championship backline, I can't say I'm overly confident. They will struggle against pace and often lack protection from our midfield. I still feel we need to recruit another more experienced keeper (along with a left back) , as Meslier is still finding his way and I'm not totally convinced. There is also no real competition for his place other than the clown, which amounts to nothing. Perhaps in January we may need to recruit depending on how the next couple of months shape up.
Still a rumour that Romero at Man United wants to leave. Maybe we can pick him up.