Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Lorimer46
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @dsc67

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by Lorimer46 »

Frustrating result
If life throws you lemons, make Lemonade
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by Carrick Dave »

A good point, but feels like 2 dropped.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Everything but a goal which we deserved.
Great response to the two heavy defeats.
A much needed clean sheet.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Feels like a loss that...

Shite
We are Premier League
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 pm 0-0.

Im not too down hearted.
Me neither and we've moved up a place.....but we do need to start taking our chances ( has been mentioned before :roll: )
mothbanquet
First Team
First Team

Post by mothbanquet »

About the most positive draw we could get. A clean sheet and a good solid performance overall, spoiled by Leno heroics and plain bad luck.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

We have no luck whatsoever
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not happy about that.

You have to take 3 points in these situations.

Should have won, havent won, not good enough you cant waste that many chances at this level.

Yes we had no luck but we had plenty of chances where we should have done better.

Not a good point imo, this isnt a good Arsenal side, 2 points dropped.
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

Feels like a loss. 3 off the bar but i can't really remember their goalie making too many saves? We should have won that.

Arsenal may aswell forget thinking of Europe they were really poor even with 11 players. 2 Points dropped lets hope we don't regret them.
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

At least we didn't concede, we were unlucky in some instances, but some of our shooting was dire. I still think we need to bring in another striker. We really should have won that, just lacked that extra bit of quality when it mattered.
HarryofOz
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by HarryofOz »

mothbanquet wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm About the most positive draw we could get. A clean sheet and a good solid performance overall, spoiled by Leno heroics and plain bad luck.
Yep did everything but score.

Posts will be bruised :)

Ironically though, they looked better on the counter attack after they went down to 10 men.
A Roman walks into a bar, sticks two fingers in the air and says 'five beers please'.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm Me neither and we've moved up a place.....but we do need to start taking our chances ( has been mentioned before :roll: )
A comfortable 8 points above the bottom three Swannie
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:23 pm Frustrating result
We definitely should have won that game
gessa
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by gessa »

Should've won it. Better midfield and defensive performance than the last 2, but finishing really needs working on
I have to resist
faaip
Superstar
Superstar

Post by faaip »

Well everyone seemed to want a clean sheet and settle for a draw ...be careful what you wish for
Honey dipped flim flam
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Damned disappointing draw. We were clearly the better side even before Pepe was sent off.

One outstanding save from Leno on a Bamford effort in the first half and three off the aluminum. Damned unlucky.

Excellent improvement along the back. Cooper gave up a couple of bad free kicks, but was otherwise solid. Koch was a rock.

As the announcer said, we ought to give Dallas a game in goal so he can say he's played everywhere.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Deserved the 3, but at least they didn't nick the win with a sucker punch and we got something out the game. Great to get a clean sheet as well to stop the rot. I said after Palace we're massively overdue luck, I don't know who we've upset exactly, but it's a joke. Rodrigo brilliant and KP makes a huge difference.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

still lacking quality, rodrigo, raphina must start every game now along with hernandez and in january we need a grealish type player in midfield. we lack quality in that midfield and can only hope that bamford will start to score
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Call me a pessimist but I do worry whether we’ll stay up
We are Premier League
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Dominated a top 6 side all game, even before the red card. But once we have to take out chances when on top. Dallas and Klich in the first half the guilty ones today.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)