Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Allrounder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by Allrounder »

That red card was a blessing for Arsenal. They could just go back and defend. What a frustrating result. Anyways good with a clean sheet. Llorente needs to get in asap for Cooper.
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by rab_rant »

Scoobychief wrote:still lacking quality, rodrigo, raphina must start every game now along with hernandez and in january we need a grealish type player in midfield. we lack quality in that midfield and can only hope that bamford will start to score
what someone who continuously falls over?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

billysboots
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by billysboots »

Overman wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:26 pm At least we didn't concede, we were unlucky in some instances, but some of our shooting was dire. I still think we need to bring in another striker. We really should have won that, just lacked that extra bit of quality when it mattered.
Paddy has adjusted to the Premier League but we still need a striker to come off the bench .
There Is Only One United.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I do worry about our finishing, yes we had no luck but so many situations where the shot was poor.

Happened vs Wolves, Man City to.

Unfortunately we still lack the individual class you need at this level.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

Got to say that we did really well today.

Just lacked a bit of composure.

Mainly, we've been amazingly unlucky again.

We miss the guile of Pablo.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

billysboots wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:34 pm Paddy has adjusted to the Premier League but we still need a striker to come off the bench .
We have options in Gelhardt and Greenwood that are not used.
Scoobychief
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Scoobychief »

its not about being unlucky, we got lucky with the pepe sending off, we have noone capable of putting the ball in the net, and we lack quality especially in midfield. harrison can run all day long but NO END PRODUCT FROM HIM.
HPJ
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by HPJ »

Really poor performance. I don't understand why Kalvin Phillips has been playing for England. Very slow and poor decession making all the time. As soon as the ball was played to him the speed of our attack was taken away. Really terrible passing from us through out the whole game. With these kind of performances there is no chance fighting of anything else than not to get relegated. Rodrigo was by far our best player, should have been substituted a lot earlier. I don't understand why Alioski is starting. His passing is terrible, he is very slow, he can't win duels. Ayling was poor tonight as well as Harrison, Cooper, Klich..well I don't find any good performances. Bamford did what he could but didn't get many chances. A lot to improve on all positions on the pitch.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm Me neither and we've moved up a place.....but we do need to start taking our chances ( has been mentioned before :roll: )
I feel the same, but we were really unlucky not to score
Lorimer46
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:27 pm We definitely should have won that game
That's the frustrating part. We had the chances just unable to capitalise on them
If life throws you lemons, make Lemonade
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm its not about being unlucky, we got lucky with the pepe sending off, we have noone capable of putting the ball in the net, and we lack quality especially in midfield. harrison can run all day long but NO END PRODUCT FROM HIM.
That's not lucky. Headbutting someone is a red. Not like Arsenal were dominating before the red.
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

Fridge wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:31 pm Call me a pessimist but I do worry whether we’ll stay up
You're a pessimist :)
We're a lot better than the teams below us.
We'll stay up no problem.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm its not about being unlucky, we got lucky with the pepe sending off, we have noone capable of putting the ball in the net, and we lack quality especially in midfield. harrison can run all day long but NO END PRODUCT FROM HIM.
We missed Pablo that's for sure
Chilli D
Manager
Manager

Post by Chilli D »

HPJ wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm Really poor performance. I don't understand why Kalvin Phillips has been playing for England. Very slow and poor decession making all the time. As soon as the ball was played to him the speed of our attack was taken away. Really terrible passing from us through out the whole game. With these kind of performances there is no chance fighting of anything else than not to get relegated. Rodrigo was by far our best player, should have been substituted a lot earlier. I don't understand why Alioski is starting. His passing is terrible, he is very slow, he can't win duels. Ayling was poor tonight as well as Harrison, Cooper, Klich..well I don't find any good performances. Bamford did what he could but didn't get many chances. A lot to improve on all positions on the pitch.
Stay off the drugs mate.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm You're a pessimist :)
Yep. Can't see two of Burnley, blunts, WBA and Fulham staying up.

We're firmly in midtable, which would be a good finish for us.
Fridge
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Fridge »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:40 pm You're a pessimist :)
We’re better but if we get back into that rut again...

23 shots and 0 goals
We know we have had a problem with conversion in the past.

If we get back into that form again then it doesn’t matter how much we batter teams, don’t score and don’t win.
We are Premier League
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

Lorimer46 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:39 pm That's the frustrating part. We had the chances just unable to capitalise on them
Get Pablo back in as he can create and finish. I also think Gelhardt needs to be on the bench rather than a million wingers.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

On a good note, we can't break the record for lowest points tally. 😀
Overman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Overman »

Hopefully Erling Halaand should be on his way in January.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm Yep. Can't see two of Burnley, blunts, WBA and Fulham staying up.

We're firmly in midtable, which would be a good finish for us.
Without a run of bad injuries I reckon we'll just about sneak into the top half. Much more satisfied with this performance than Leicester and Palace.