Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:00 pm I think that performance will give the side a massive confidence boost ahead of Saturday.
Everton won't be parking the bus either.
I promise to be positive only for 20/21 :)
BobHirst
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo makes the bench by

Post by BobHirst »

HPJ wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm Really poor performance. I don't understand why Kalvin Phillips has been playing for England. Very slow and poor decession making all the time. As soon as the ball was played to him the speed of our attack was taken away. Really terrible passing from us through out the whole game. With these kind of performances there is no chance fighting of anything else than not to get relegated. Rodrigo was by far our best player, should have been substituted a lot earlier. I don't understand why Alioski is starting. His passing is terrible, he is very slow, he can't win duels. Ayling was poor tonight as well as Harrison, Cooper, Klich..well I don't find any good performances. Bamford did what he could but didn't get many chances. A lot to improve on all positions on the pitch.
This is a wind-up right?
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

i'm not sure if we were really good or arsenal were just really poor...

but man we dominated the entire game from about the 30th minute which is great - despite our passing being quite sloppy

BUT

the same problems let us down, just aimless punts into the box going nowhere, hopeless long range shots etc. and then, when we do get a chance, it's not even hit the target - klich guilty of two HUGE misses, dallas a big one too and there were a few others - very frustrating!

thought dallas, klich and ayling were a bit out of sorts

cooper and koch solid at the back, although kock's distribution going forward was bad

jacky harrison really starting to struggle, offers very little going forward, never stops running though

PB looking dangerous up top but getting so little service

hopefully rodders will start next game

surprised costa didn't come on - has he done something wrong?
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully Pablo is actually injured and isn't being frozen out.
SG90
Manager
Manager

Post by SG90 »

danhirons wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:06 pm i'm not sure if we were really good or arsenal were just really poor...

but man we dominated the entire game from about the 30th minute which is great - despite our passing being quite sloppy

BUT

the same problems let us down, just aimless punts into the box going nowhere, hopeless long range shots etc. and then, when we do get a chance, it's not even hit the target - klich guilty of two HUGE misses, dallas a big one too and there were a few others - very frustrating!

thought dallas, klich and ayling were a bit out of sorts

cooper and koch solid at the back, although kock's distribution going forward was bad

jacky harrison really starting to struggle, offers very little going forward, never stops running though

PB looking dangerous up top but getting so little service

hopefully rodders will start next game

surprised costa didn't come on - has he done something wrong?
Far too often we cross when he don't have much height in the box. We need to be slower and patient, wait for the right moment rather than hit and hope.
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm Along with Rodrigo de Paul.
Not just Arteta on the Colombian marching powder tonight :lol:
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:58 pm Along with Rodrigo de Paul.
Not just Arteta on the Colombian marching powder tonight :lol:
Leeds1000
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Leeds1000 »

scoring goals is becoming a problem again. What's our best line of attack?

We know its not thru set-pieces, corners are a waste of game time to us. We play with wingers but crossing at times can leave a lot to be desired. We try to walk the ball into the net with intricate passes. If teams defend deep how do we cope?

Are we suffering the same fate as Man City? and all the other teams who play out from the back?
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm Far too often we cross when he don't have much height in the box. We need to be slower and patient, wait for the right moment rather than hit and hope.
We also don't get to the goal line enough.

On the one occasion we did they were wide open.
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

SG90 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm Far too often we cross when he don't have much height in the box. We need to be slower and patient, wait for the right moment rather than hit and hope.
agreed totally
danhirons
First Team
First Team

Post by danhirons »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:21 pm We also don't get to the goal line enough.

On the one occasion we did they were wide open.
yep
rab_rant
Superstar
Superstar

Post by rab_rant »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:55 pm Don't mean to offend, HPJ, just disagree.

Always glad to have a new voice around here. Welcome!
His writing style was very reminiscent of Leeds under Bates in League 1
In those day we really knew how to moan.
becchio bear
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:00 pm I think that performance will give the side a massive confidence boost ahead of Saturday.
I agree II. Once again we took a little time to settle in but then more often than not we dominated play. We had the better possession stats, 25 shots on goal (the only worrying thing is that we didn't score), don't our goal posts know they are supposed to help us not hinder!! The two R's showed why Bielsa wanted them in our team, they are class players. A very enjoyable game, i'll take one point but would obviously have preferred three. :bear:
Lockdown 3, Rinse and Repeat.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:26 pm Feels like a loss. 3 off the bar but i can't really remember their goalie making too many saves? We should have won that.

Arsenal may aswell forget thinking of Europe they were really poor even with 11 players. 2 Points dropped lets hope we don't regret them.
Leno made a stunning save from a shot by Dallas that was heading for the top corner
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:41 pm We missed Pablo that's for sure
We always have missed Pablo contrary to what some fans think on here
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm Without a run of bad injuries I reckon we'll just about sneak into the top half. Much more satisfied with this performance than Leicester and Palace.
Massive improvement although we basically fielded a championship side v Leicester & Palace
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm But the Blunts can ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Smudge3920
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Arsenal Match Thread - Raphinha, Phillips and Alioski start, Rodrigo make the bench

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:51 pm I hope we get to see Rodders, Poveda and Raph in a 3 behind Paddy.
Thats it right there CJ... I think we will and pretty soon. :tup:
Side before self & MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

becchio bear wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:34 pm I agree II. Once again we took a little time to settle in but then more often than not we dominated play. We had the better possession stats, 25 shots on goal (the only worrying thing is that we didn't score), don't our goal posts know they are supposed to help us not hinder!! The two R's showed why Bielsa wanted them in our team, they are class players. A very enjoyable game, i'll take one point but would obviously have preferred three. :bear:
Spot on bb. :)
White Riot
Manager
Manager

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:26 pm We always have missed Pablo contrary to what some fans think on here
He's a class act and one of the biggest reasons we got promoted.

A moment's petulance should not tarnish his reputation.

We need winners on the park.