Your Pint of choice this evening

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gessa

Re: Your Pint of choice this evening

Post by gessa »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 am

However............. Carlsberg Elephant beer hit the spot for a strong lager... :)
Had a mate who was a coach tour courier, mostly trips to Belguim and Holland, used to bring it us back by the truck load. Happy if not foggy days
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

hector wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:54 am No mate.... not a bitter drinker....

However............. Carlsberg Elephant beer hit the spot for a strong lager... :)
weird never got a taste for Carlesberg....Heineken though love it ...
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Smudge3920 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:14 pm weird never got a taste for Carlesberg....Heineken though love it ...
Same as that Smudge. I also like a pint of stout, Guinness or Murphy’s very acceptable to me. :tup:
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Hobgoblin King Goblin, probably my favourite bottled beer, with homemade prawn curry.

Elephant Beer is my favourite bottled lager, I also like proper Belgian Stella Artois 5.2% (white foil on the bottle neck)
It's difficult to find cos everyone seems to sells the UK version instead.
gessa

Post by gessa »

A nice bottle of Old Crafty Hen.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Timothy Taylor's Landlord tonight!
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Partial to a Ruby Red Beer, so giving this one from Harper’s a try (the wife picked up in Aldi).

More than reasonable for a £1.25 a bottle.
D6F28445-5EEC-425C-AB4F-962290353E41.jpeg
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:07 pm Timothy Taylor's Landlord tonight!
Nice
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:18 pm Partial to a Ruby Red Beer, so giving this one from Harper’s a try (the wife picked up in Aldi).

More than reasonable for a £1.25 a bottle.

D6F28445-5EEC-425C-AB4F-962290353E41.jpeg
They do golden ale in aldi thats very pleasant normally next to the ruby👍
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Still on my Pinter home brew

( though no beer tonight)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Adam will approve, as from one of his famous YS Fermenters !
6D9124D6-9229-4CE9-BDFA-BE3D7B85BB56.jpeg
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:58 pm Adam will approve, as from one of his famous YS Fermenters !

6D9124D6-9229-4CE9-BDFA-BE3D7B85BB56.jpeg
I love Black Sheep. Probably my fave beer, especially a pulled pint in North Yorkshire :)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:00 pm I love Black Sheep. Probably my fave beer, especially a pulled pint in North Yorkshire :)
:tup: Going down very nicely Swannie 😀
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:12 pm :tup: Going down very nicely Swannie 😀
Cheers Muppet :beer: :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:00 pm I love Black Sheep. Probably my fave beer, especially a pulled pint in North Yorkshire :)
My wife, loved A Black Sheep with the Welsh Rarebit from the cafe half way up the high street from The Devonshire in Grassington, forget the name of the cafe.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 pm My wife, loved A Black Sheep with the Welsh Rarebit from the cafe half way up the high street from The Devonshire in Grassington, forget the name of the cafe.
We used to visit North York Moors every year for 10 days with our other Basset Hound, go off in the Land Rover and find a nice long walk somewhere, and then stop at a good old Yorkshire pub on the way back to our rented cottage. I always had Black Sheep if it was available. Mind you, the place we stayed at was a cottage in the grounds of a pub called The New Inn, Cropton. They had their own brewery in the grounds (Cropton Brewery) and did a lovely beer called 'Yorkshire Moors'.....that was a cracker as well... :)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:04 pm We used to visit North York Moors every year for 10 days with our other Basset Hound, go off in the Land Rover and find a nice long walk somewhere, and then stop at a good old Yorkshire pub on the way back to our rented cottage. I always had Black Sheep if it was available. Mind you, the place we stayed at was a cottage in the grounds of a pub called The New Inn, Cropton. They had their own brewery in the grounds (Cropton Brewery) and did a lovely beer called 'Yorkshire Moors'.....that was a cracker as well... :)
:) ...we have stayed there Swannie...beautiful place ... Also I got lucky, Mrs. S loves a black sheep :)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

gessa wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:26 pm My wife, loved A Black Sheep with the Welsh Rarebit from the cafe half way up the high street from The Devonshire in Grassington, forget the name of the cafe.
Only had a couple of fleeting visits to Grassington Ges, so don't recall The Devonshire....I do remember an artist gallery and a cheese shop I think.... :)
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Karlskrone.

Aldi's lager. The USP is, it's really really cheap...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Smudge3920 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:06 pm :) ...we have stayed there Swannie...beautiful place ... Also I got lucky, Mrs. S loves a black sheep :)
You've been to Cropton Smudge?